Forum roundtable - Page 4 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 02:06 PM

Is there a Mod inbox? (instead of PM-ing a specific person we know is a mod.) It could possibly re-distribute your workload more evenly.

Calendar: https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/calendar.php
- I gotta keep switching between National and Southeast depending on who posts where. An "all" calendar, that has a copy of posts from every other calendar would be great.

Just suggestions on the category/sub-category names. As far as "largest audience," I rarely go into a specific forum, but just scan the "New Posts" option. Of course, tech discussions are mixed with regional discussions that way, but it saves going out/in each one individually. My eye may also catch an interesting thread that I might have otherwise missed this way.

JaxSolMates.com - JaxSols Yahoo! Group - Join JaxSols eMail List (for info about North Florida rides and meets)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Location: buzzard..what buzzard..do you see a buzzard..I didn't see a buzzard...or that little sparrow either- or dat squirrel
ACTIVE TOPICS WORKS FINE TOO.

also if you check "Help" ...it sort of tells you which mods are responsible for what .

Other than that.....just see who is on-line at the time

NEOKAPPA's

Some people grow old before their time...I choose to die before I grow old !

Druid (Cool) MERLIN came home 11-15-05 VIN 4495
Clear bra, Stubby antenna, Kappashield, mudguards, Black wheels with Hankook Ventus tires...CAI..SOLO SQR-2 with free flow CAT & SS header DDM Racing backbone and Pro-beam ..painted calipers and wheel center decals. 25% tint windshield ... Vertical Chrome billet grille .. 95K - stay tuned
post #48 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Location: buzzard..what buzzard..do you see a buzzard..I didn't see a buzzard...or that little sparrow either- or dat squirrel
The Solsticeforum Moderating Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troy Roberts
Site Administrator and Owner
(send Private Message to Troy Roberts)

Solsticeman
Assistant Adminstrator
(send Private Message to Solsticeman)

Brentil
Supermoderator - Supporting Dealer/Vendor Point of Contact
(send Private Message to Brentil)

Fformula88
Supermoderator
(send Private Message to Fformula88)

mceb
Supermoderator
(send Private Message to mceb)

RODEO
Super Moderator
(send Private Message to RODEO)

achieftain
(send Private Message to achieftain)

Aspenrose
(send Private Message to Aspenrose)

Crimson Avenger
(send Private Message to Crimson Avenger)

MomsSol
(send Private Message to MomsSol)

stang
(send Private Message to stang)

NEOKAPPA's

Clear bra, Stubby antenna, Kappashield, mudguards, Black wheels with Hankook Ventus tires...CAI..SOLO SQR-2 with free flow CAT & SS header DDM Racing backbone and Pro-beam ..painted calipers and wheel center decals. 25% tint windshield ... Vertical Chrome billet grille .. 95K - stay tuned
post #49 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 02:35 PM

Good stuff Rome wasn't built in a day so after we've collected up more ideas let's pick a few ones that are do-able and move forward

Wow I sound like some of the managers at work. All I need is a catchy slogan and I'll be the pointy-haired boss from Dilbert

-2006 VIN #30, First 1000 Series

Pontiac RIP 1926-2009
post #50 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

I have a question about PM's

why is the default set to save a copy?
I've checked my options and I can't disable it.

perhaps the reverse should be true...click here if you want to save a copy

NEOKAPPA's

post #51 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid-2 View Post
I have a question about PM's

why is the default set to save a copy?
I've checked my options and I can't disable it.

perhaps the reverse should be true...click here if you want to save a copy
Good question - I'll hand that one over to the tech people...

Never mind - when you send a PM, look at the "additional options" below the type-in text box.

One of the choices should be to save a copy - uncheck it. If this isn't the case, let me know and I'll find the settings to make it happen.

If you do that, i think it defaults to anything sent afterward.
post #52 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 04:15 PM

You can always empty your pm outbox but having a copy of what I sent woks for me in case I need to refer back to it, or send same thing to additional recips. I am not sure if acopy is saved when the recips box is full and they can't receive.

But if changes can be made...

Some forums assign mods to specific sub-forums, such as performance, news, gxp vs base, etc. The only divisions we really have are that Brentil is the point man for vendor contact and that Solsticeman is admin level. You have 4 super-mods and 5 regular mods. Without getting into detail the supermods have more powers and can see a few more things than regular mods. Other than that we try to share the workload. I do like the suggestion (if there was one) that maybe you could push a button and send a message to the entire staff at once. I know some members are more comfortable dealing with certain moderators and that is one reason we have more than one.

When more than one friend wants to ride shotgun

Pontiac 1926-2010
"We hardly knew 'ya"

Confusion say: "If it ain't broke...give government a crack at it."

Last edited by achieftain; 09-14-2006 at 04:23 PM.
post #53 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 04:20 PM

...maybe a banner thread with a specific size for graphics and the best selected for the site. No compensation and all the artwork becomes property of the forum???

Phoenix Sky & Solstice Club NASSM2013 Event
2006 Red Solstice - parked
2007 Blue Solstice - Debbie's replacement for totaled 06
2006 White Solstice - Son's DD...needs work
2009 Sky Redline LTD - long distance, top down
2009 Sly Coupe - Car Shows
post #54 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by denette View Post
...maybe a banner thread with a specific size for graphics and the best selected for the site. No compensation and all the artwork becomes property of the forum???
Like a submission contest?

I think that's a good idea...

Current banner is 652 X 121 pixels at 72 dpi.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	solstice-memorial-1.gif
Views:	60
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	7491  
post #55 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolsticeMan View Post
Like a submission contest?

I think that's a good idea...
There's some great GFX talent on this, and the sky, forum. I'll bet you'd have some good ones among the chaff.

Phoenix Sky & Solstice Club NASSM2013 Event
2006 Red Solstice - parked
2007 Blue Solstice - Debbie's replacement for totaled 06
2006 White Solstice - Son's DD...needs work
2009 Sky Redline LTD - long distance, top down
2009 Sly Coupe - Car Shows
post #56 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Administrator

post #57 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieftain View Post
You can always empty your pm outbox but having a copy of what I sent woks for me in case I need to refer back to it, or send same thing to additional recips. I am not sure if acopy is saved when the recips box is full and they can't receive.

But if changes can be made...

Some forums assign mods to specific sub-forums, such as performance, news, gxp vs base, etc. The only divisions we really have are that Brentil is the point man for vendor contact and that Solsticeman is admin level. You have 4 super-mods and 5 regular mods. Without getting into detail the supermods have more powers and can see a few more things than regular mods. Other than that we try to share the workload. I do like the suggestion (if there was one) that maybe you could push a button and send a message to the entire staff at once. I know some members are more comfortable dealing with certain moderators and that is one reason we have more than one.
John..if you ask nicely, s-man may send you a PM we exchanged - on how this might work.

NEOKAPPA's

post #58 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 01:56 AM

Old is new again--bring back the gauges banner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan01 View Post
I do not agree with this:

I think it should be Canada too, not just the states.

(voicing my opinion)
Dylan
Indeed, we've talked about this before, and I agree completely.

Everything old is new again, given enough time. How about bringing back the original banner with the gauges in the faded background behind the Solstice?

Really, this Banner went up more than a year ago about a week before Memorial Day (A US Holiday) in honor of that day (Kinda like Google does with their Google Holiday Logo Art, but theirs are usually up for one day only)

However, instead of just for the Holiday, the current banner stayed up after the holiday ended, and as it drew closer to the US Holiday of Independence day (July 4), it was decided to let the colors fly until after the 4th. That was 2005!

It's been up ever since, and I'm sure our Canadian, Mexican, and other colleagues might agree it's a bit battle worn...

Founder & Member at Large,
West Coast Kappa Car Club
post #59 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunty3 View Post
It seems to me that the programming could be altered to give us the choice to see or not to see emoticons. We already have the option to ignore some of the things that display.
For example: Click on [UserCP] at the top of the page on the tool bar. Then click [Edit Options] on the left. Scroll down to...

Thread Display Options:

Visible Post ElementsYou have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.

Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

Would it be possible to add emoticons to this list of things to ignore? I think they are fun sometimes, but often over used.
Interesting. There is a text view mode, but it's difficult to get to.

For this thread, here's the "Text" version accessed from the "Thread Tools" pull down menu: Forum roundtable text version Unfortunately, from that view all links take you back to a full graphics view mode...

Unfortunately, not displaying the emoticons wouldn't really help the problem of free posting, and post competitions.

I strongly suggest taking the top poster line off of the top right hand side of the site home page. It really shouldn't matter how many posts you have--it should be about quality, not quantity.

Founder & Member at Large,
post #60 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to birdliver
Quote:
Originally Posted by druid-2 View Post
If i am nominated I will run

If elected I will serve
I think it's a good idea and D-2 would make a good Ombudsman. I hope he knows what he's asking for, however. I was an Ombudsman for The State of Rhode Island in a specific area that involved the cops, courts, prison, legislature, administration, etc. etc. and you won't be Mr. Nice Guy, believe me. And my constituancy was a rather unpopular one. It's a valuable function if allowed to be conducted properly. Good Luck D-2 You have my vote. -bird

Last edited by birdliver; 09-15-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode