Issue with posting replies - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Issue with posting replies

Today, this forum seems to be having an issue when I want to post a reply to a message:

see attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0Warning.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	59417  

1st 1K - #741
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 05:53 PM

Garage
I think it just might not like you today

Check out Western Canada Kappa Club on Facebook !

My Garage https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/g...ehicle_id=1132
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Oka View Post
I think it just might not like you today
Three different computers and 2 different browsers, all having the same problem . . .

1st 1K - #741
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 09:34 PM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
I have been having speed and posting issues for a few days. I sent a query to the admin

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Administrator

hello everyone!

hmmm. script errors. this could be a few things depending on your end. lets see if we can get this issue conquered! yes!

first off, lets disable hardware acceleration in the back, and get rid of flash since these cause issues on common machines. next thing id like to see is for you to click the debug script and copy and past the code for me so we can further investigate the issue on the stalled script.

next up, lets run a malware check and clear back end temp files to get rid of anything that maybe piggy backing files. to even further check this, lets see what computers you are operating on, devices, and the browsers you tested this on. if its across a few browsers, then it would possibly be a flash issue, shockwave issue, old cookies and caches, temp files, and of course, malware loves to eat data and stall on flash in general.

do these things, post that script, and let me know if any of this resolves your issues for you. thanks

~Shane
AG Jeff likes this.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Shane:

Reread post #1 and read the attachment. I was nice enough to post a pic of the script message on my screen which named the script.

Three different computers on my networks are having this issue, all are Win7, all three had the same problem with Firefox 47.0 AND with IE 11.

Two of those computers are not normally used for web browsing and have clean browser installations.

I do not complain until I am pretty sure that the issue is elsewhere than on my end.

For what it is worth, I tried to leave a reply while logged in from my early iPad, and it appeared to lock up at the exact spot that the other computers are generating the script error.

I suspect that the issue is only affecting those of us with the premium memberships that used to allow us to attach files to our messages.

So, again, check the attachment to message #1 in this thread.

Thank you.

Dave

1st 1K - #741
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Shane

FWIW,

1. I do not have this same issue on the Skyroadster forum. See the third attachement for the "attach files" and notice the bar to click on to "Manage Attachments"

2. See the 1st attachment below, with the error message showing and notice what is going on below the "attach files" option.

3. 2nd attachement: after clicking on the "stop script" in the error message. Notice that the "Manage Attachments" bar is missing.

4. All the files showing in the 1st attachment are files I have attached to messages, possibly dating back to 2005 when I joined the forum.

I sincerely hope this helps your people trace down the problem.

DaveOC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000-solsticeforum01.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	59425   Click image for larger version

Name:	000-solsticeforum02.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	59433   Click image for larger version

Name:	000-skyroadster.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	59441  

1st 1K - #741
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 07:26 AM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
The server side is definitely broken. I cannot post unless I use the quick reply. If I select post reply it goes into script that goes on for ever. if I halt the script then I cannot link to images.

There is certainly a problem that needs to be addressed.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Rob, how do we get the attention of anyone at Autoguide who can address this problem?

I have tried reporting this thread, and responding to "Shane". Is there a contact that you moderators can call on?

I'm frustrated by the almost total lack of care these forums get from above. I understand the reasons we are ignored, but just because our cars are no longer supported, doesn't mean that our forum should be unsupported.

:pissed off:

1st 1K - #741
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Administrator

hey daveOC,

I apologize for your frustration, I am in fact doing the best I can to help you out and troubleshoot the issue. I would still need that script to further investigate (post #5 line 4 as requested). That script is important since i cannot seem to recreate the script error on my end. the screenshots do help though.

also as for the weird reply issues, I have gone advanced, and it seems its working fine. so since i cannot re-create it, i would also need that debug script so I can get a better understanding of the issue at hand. also screenshots for that issue would also be needed if you could provide them. step by step helps. it helps the tech department track it down, or helps me isolate the problem.

the scripts help with finding the stalling, where the problem is isolated to, along with if its a plugin issue, layout issue, ad issues, flash issues, etc.

to better assist with the situation, im just following troubleshooting issues based on tracking down and isolating the issue by ruling out all possible possibilities.

so if you guys could provide those scripts for me, I can further figure out what the issue is. thanks guys. Again, Im sorry for the trouble. I am trying to help.

~Shane
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
hello everyone!

hmmm. script errors.

next thing id like to see is for you to click the debug script and copy and past the code for me so we can further investigate the issue on the stalled script.

~Shane
Here's the script you asked for. Hope this helps.

Sorry to complain, but when we don't hear back, we assume our complaint has fallen on deaf ears.

I'll try a few other things. If anything affects this I'll leave another note.

Note that on the SkyRoadster.com web site, this problem is NOT occurring on the same machine/software I'm using here. Difference is that I am not a "lifetime gold" member there, but that site allows everyone to post attachments. (Just some additional routes to investigate).

I do appreciate that you are working on this.

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: txt SFdebugScriptTextCopied.txt (3.2 KB, 56 views)

1st 1K - #741
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Disabled Flash, problem still occurs.

Malware has been checked since the problem occurred, definitions current as of 9:20AM EDT. Last scanned 10:00AM CDT

Is I mentioned, the problem also is occurring on my iPad.

One other thing, Rob the Elder and I both have fairly large collections of attachments going back many years. His is likely much larger than mine.

I'm going to check a few other things, then I'll get back.

Dave

1st 1K - #741
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Back from my two sandboxes, I want to try a couple of things here first and then I'll tell you why you are not experiencing this as an Administrator.

Back shortly!

1st 1K - #741
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Back as DaveOC. I tried a few things on my sandbox computers, one is a totally generic Windows XP, Firefox 47.0, IE 8.0.

I logged in to solsticeforum as DaveOC, tried to leave a reply and had it generate the error in both Firefox and IE.

I logged into SF from my wife's account, which is never used, replied to this message, and shortly thereafter had a reply page in front of me, no error. I logged out.

I logged in with a generic login I use here when I don't wish to appear online as DaveOC, tried to leave a Reply, and had no error.

Logged back in as DaveOC, tried to leave a reply or a quote and both generated the script error.

I repeated this same sequence on another sandbox computer, Win7, Firefox 47.0 and IE 11, with the same logins and results.

Acid Test: I returned to this computer where I spend most of my time during the day, logged in as DaveOC, went to leave you a message and generated the script error. Logged in as my wife, no errors when trying to reply to this thread, and had same results, no errors when trying to reply as my generic login.

Logged back in as DaveOC and am now leaving you this message.

With all three logins I used on all three machines, I did not generate the error when using the "Quick Reply"

What's the difference between you as Administrator, my wife's login, and my generic login to this forum, versus my login as DaveOC?

Answer: A long list of attachments associated with my DaveOC login.

Rob the Elder, who is experiencing the same issue also has that long, long list of attachments associated with his login.

My testing today have pretty much eliminated everything you mentioned in your first post.

Hope this helps.

FWIW, please leave a reply to this after you have read it, so I know you are working on it.

Thanks again.

1st 1K - #741
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
FWIW, I currently have 963 attachments associated with my login.

The list of attachments shown in Post 7, attachment #1 is starting with the first attachment I ever made on this forum and listing them in order of when the attachments were made, oldest to newer.

Have fun.

Dave

1st 1K - #741
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode