Questions and Comments about Update - Page 10 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #136 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 10:25 AM

Same As Post 124 And 128 .

2007 Solstice GXP Mean

1Sgt Modifications:
Total Mods to Date 46:01/04/2009
Stubbie Ant, Painted Calipers with Decals, Vanity Plate, GM Club Decal, Painted Gas Cap, 5 Mean Engine Caps Red Lettering, Stainless Fuse Box Plate and Turbo Heat Shield Etched, Cold Air Intake, Solo Exhaust, Splash Guards, Wind Restrictor, Painted Engine Cover, Polished IC Pipes, GM Caps Red, Liner Mural, Intercooler, Sunviser covers, Diamond Stitch Center Console.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sgt View Post
Same As Post 124 And 128 .
Okay .. that issue (banner blocking menus) is just on one Vendor's banner and is due to the formatting on the flash for the banner. The Techs have been made aware of the issue and should be working with the vendor to come to a resolution.

Thanks!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #138 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 06:36 AM

GREAT THANK YOU .

2007 Solstice GXP Mean

1Sgt Modifications:
Total Mods to Date 46:01/04/2009
Stubbie Ant, Painted Calipers with Decals, Vanity Plate, GM Club Decal, Painted Gas Cap, 5 Mean Engine Caps Red Lettering, Stainless Fuse Box Plate and Turbo Heat Shield Etched, Cold Air Intake, Solo Exhaust, Splash Guards, Wind Restrictor, Painted Engine Cover, Polished IC Pipes, GM Caps Red, Liner Mural, Intercooler, Sunviser covers, Diamond Stitch Center Console.
post #139 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsSol View Post
Member list will not be returning Management and the techs have deemed it too high risk due to it being 'text' and hackable. Sorry!
That certainly is sad news, and a weak argument in my opinion. If it is limited to only posting members I do not see what the big deal is.

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

I am a proud Solstice GXP owner (Flash). My wife, A FORMER GM engineer, is a proud Solstice GXP Coupe owner (Wicked).

My other hobby: hot turbo wastegate nut adjustment.
post #140 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Founding Member

Location: The avatar shows my motivation to work .... Work takes place in Houston, Republic of Texas .... Motivation takes place in CA, NV, UT, CO and similar locations with curvy roads through the mountains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash's Owner View Post
That certainly is sad news, and a weak argument in my opinion. If it is limited to only posting members I do not see what the big deal is.

This is a very important feature. I believe it should be available to established users. Set the minimum posts at 10, or 25, or 50. That keeps any autobots, etc away from using it.

VIN...............6Y101319........................ 6Y115760
Name.........MariSOL Stice
Color..................Sly........................ ...Aggressive
Acquired.........10/15/2005.....................07/11/2014
Died...............02/25/2013
..............RIP, you wonderful car !!!!

Link to Gizmo's Odyssey photos- Gizmo's Odyssey Photo Thread

Link to Solli's Coast2Coast trip photos- https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ad-trip-20928/
post #141 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash's Owner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post

This is a very important feature. I believe it should be available to established users. Set the minimum posts at 10, or 25, or 50. That keeps any autobots, etc away from using it.

You are preaching to the choir!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #142 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Founding Member

Location: The avatar shows my motivation to work .... Work takes place in Houston, Republic of Texas .... Motivation takes place in CA, NV, UT, CO and similar locations with curvy roads through the mountains.
For those persons interested, I have started a thread concerning the Members List. Please voice any opinion you might have, pro or con, concerning the Members List here:

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...-return-54585/

Link to Solli's Coast2Coast trip photos- https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ad-trip-20928/
post #143 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Founding Member

Uh oh!

I see the Post Count has been removed from our avatars AGAIN.

Now the only way to see how many posts (not including those in Off-Topic forums) a Solstice Forum member has is to go the person's Profile Page.

And without the Members List, it gets VERY difficult to get to various Profile Pages.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the Members List.

And I know it's a waste of time, but PLEASE bring back the Post Count. What harm does that do?

post #144 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Uh oh!

I see the Post Count has been removed from our avatars AGAIN.

Now the only way to see how many posts (not including those in Off-Topic forums) a Solstice Forum member has is to go the person's Profile Page.

And without the Members List, it gets VERY difficult to get to various Profile Pages.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the Members List.

And I know it's a waste of time, but PLEASE bring back the Post Count. What harm does that do?

I noticed that too giz. I don't get it, I also what the post counts back as well. Every forum I belong to has the post counts and it never causes a problem.

Team Solstice 2008

Ordered 11/12/05
Black, manual trans, Premium package, power package, convenience package, floor mats, AC, XM radio, LSD, and Polished Wheels Produced 6/1! VIN:18718

Mods: Fujita CAI, Stubbie Attenna, Lil Chromies, Third Brake Overlay, 35% Tint. Solo Headers, Solo Exhaust.
post #145 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 06:12 PM

I'm told, in the block below, that I can post Replies. Yet quite often, when attempting to do it, I'm told I am not eligible. What am I missing?
post #146 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 11:16 AM

I was viewing the Owners Registry looking for my account by clicking through the page numbers and after the 4th page, I received the following error, to which nothing else on the forum worked after that. I closed tab (Firefox 3.07) Re-opened Solstice Forum and I was able to duplicate the problem

Quote:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/regview.php on this server.
Apache/2.2.9 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8e DAV/2 PHP/5.2.6 with Suhosin-Patch Server at www.solsticeforum.com Port 80

2007 Solstice GXP - Deep - Orderd 26 Jan, 07; born 22 Feb, delivered 9 Mar. (mine)
2009 Solstice GXP Coupe - Wicked - 000406, Bought off the lot June 2, 2009. (wife's)

See my car on cardomain.com
DeepBlueGXP also on the Skyroadster and Kappa Performance Forum.
post #147 of 148 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsSol View Post
Okay .. that issue (banner blocking menus) is just on one Vendor's banner and is due to the formatting on the flash for the banner. The Techs have been made aware of the issue and should be working with the vendor to come to a resolution.

Thanks!
This issue is STILL going on with the SOLO banner 2 months later

'07 Mean GXP. Cloth seats, Headliner, MP3 Radio and Monsoon, Wet Okole Seat covers, Tonneau, Custom lighted Wind Restrictor, Tire Temp & Pressure Monitor. Hahn IC, Build Date 03/07 Her name is "Summer" RIP 5/13/2013 on Nahelem Hwy near Astoria, OR :)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order" - Ed Howdershelt http://abintrapress.com/
post #148 of 148 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Founding Member

Its not even enjoyable visiting this forum now with all the ads. I can't even connect to the forum until about three minutes. Its loads the forum header then it sits there. On the bottom of the browser it says "connecting to servedby.adverstising.com". After about 3 minutes in then finally loads the entire forum. Now when I want to click on a thread or make a post it goes through the whole process all over again. Don't even ask how long it took to make this post. Wish we had the old forum back.

Team Solstice 2008

Ordered 11/12/05
Black, manual trans, Premium package, power package, convenience package, floor mats, AC, XM radio, LSD, and Polished Wheels Produced 6/1! VIN:18718

Mods: Fujita CAI, Stubbie Attenna, Lil Chromies, Third Brake Overlay, 35% Tint. Solo Headers, Solo Exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode