Site issues after migration to the Cloud - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 06:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
I have a notification of a like, but clicking on it, goes to my profile page. Notification never goes away.

Thanks for all you do. Understand hicups can happen.
this is happening to me also as well as the picture denial.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 09:40 PM

Garage
I am getting the same thing FORBIDDEN !!
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 05:59 AM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
apparently some members can see pictures and others are still unable to view them. Not sure what is the cause but it is maybe a sign of progress. :-)

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 07:36 AM

Still Forbidden...7/11/2018

Like so much, progress for some...

Let those who CAN view photos speak up with information as to browser, etc...HOW.

While patience is a virtue, I have enough virtue. Running near very low on patience. That boat is getting full I would think.

Happy Wednesday

Richard Snipes
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 08:24 AM

Garage
I tried posting a pic and it didn't even show the image coding around the url of the image - is that what others have been seeing) or not seeing)?

Current fleet:
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1958 MGA Twin Cam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently departed: 1965 Jensen CV8, 1969 Lamborghini Islero S, 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, 1969 MGC roadster
Mods at https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...thread-102178/

Bill in BC
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 09:14 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Try opening the attachment and see if it works for you. This is the problem I'm having:

When I try to open my own attachment I get a blank page with the following message

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/vbseo.php on this server.
"

I get that same message when trying to open any attachment on anyone's message.

All of a sudden, with the move to the cloud, all my attachments are useless.

This problem does not seem to effect the SkyRoadster.com forum where attachments are working the way they are supposed to, or at least the same way they always have in the past.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GXP-R2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	90057  
sirwm likes this.

1st 1K - #741

Last edited by DaveOC; 07-11-2018 at 09:26 AM.
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
Try opening the attachment and see if it works for you. This is the problem I'm having:

When I try to open my own attachment I get a blank page with the following message

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/vbseo.php on this server.
"

I get that same message when trying to open any attachment on anyone's message.

All of a sudden, with the move to the cloud, all my attachments are useless.

This problem does not seem to effect the SkyRoadster.com forum where attachments are working the way they are supposed to, or at least the same way they always have in the past.

it an issue revolving one of the security features. we're waiting for the devs to change the scripts.

Lee
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 09:53 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
it an issue revolving one of the security features. we're waiting for the devs to change the scripts.

Lee
I know you'll get it figured out, sometime! I was just explaining to another member what the issue was. I don't remember that member ever using attachments, so it doesn't affect him.

Thanks for the attention!

1st 1K - #741
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 02:33 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
Patience is the order of the day.
It's been almost a month. I could have designed, coded and deployed an exact duplicate of this site in that amount of time, or faster when considering that it's COTS software.

This is freaking obnoxious.

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, RPM Stage 2, Solocatless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , Stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygun View Post
It's been almost a month. I could have designed, coded and deployed an exact duplicate of this site in that amount of time, or faster when considering that it's COTS software.

This is freaking obnoxious.
Actually...its been 2 weeks.
I know it's frustrating for all of us but, verticalscopes operates hundreds of sites and is/has transitioned them all to "the cloud". They don't have a tech team assigned to each of these sites.

I bug them about 2-3 times a week and know the VS and Autoforums contacts are frustrated too.
sirwm likes this.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 05:53 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsSol View Post
They don't have a tech team assigned to each of these sites.
First: I appreciate everything you do here. You're an awesome moderator.

That said, running hundreds or thousands of sites on a common platform is not more difficult than running one site. It might be counter-intuitive, but it's a function of good architecture. This kind of thing just shouldn't happen. If the whole ecosystem is configured / maintained / administered in such a way that the error has to be fixed, separately, for each of their sites... they're doing it wrong, and I imagine we'll be waiting awhile as the priority list is likely ranked based on traffic.

It's not the end of the world, but I really would have liked to have been able to see the wiring diagram for the TMAP sensor I installed today, rather than zooming in on the thumbnail someone posted and guessing if pixel A was a terminal or pixel B was a dog in the background.

Really, I don't intend to be a jerk, but I've been on the dev side of this multiple times. There's no reason this should've taken more than an hour to fix.

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, RPM Stage 2, Solocatless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , Stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces
post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 06:09 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygun View Post
First: I appreciate everything you do here. You're an awesome moderator.

That said, running hundreds or thousands of sites on a common platform is not more difficult than running one site.

Really, I don't intend to be a jerk, but I've been on the dev side of this multiple times. There's no reason this should've taken more than an hour to fix.
I agree, to some extent.

--- BUT ---

Solsticeforum was substantially modified by one of it's former owners before being sold to verticalscope/autoguide/whatever. The people that made the mods are long gone and history. The new administrators/devs/mods/whatever have to assume that Solsticeforum is the same as 95% of the other forums that are unmodified from stock, and it is treated as such. Sometimes those very early mods jump out and bite, and this is one of those examples.

That said, I also agree that it shouldn't take more than an hour or so to fix, assuming they have someone on staff that has experience with the offending piece of software. I'd guess that they don't have that person on staff.

Will it ever get fixed? I hope so, but I'm not going to hold my breath while waiting.

Where is the "fingers crossed" smiley?

raygun likes this.

1st 1K - #741

Last edited by DaveOC; 07-12-2018 at 06:11 PM.
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 10:03 PM

I thought we'd been repaired as over on the skyroadsterforum the photos are viewable and high quality.

Here, no....neglected, forgotten, sleepy.

Richard Snipes
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 10:17 AM

Just tried this with the images I posted about my convertible top and it didn't work.

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/...needed-155737/

2007 SLY w/ Ebony Leather & Top
Power | Convenience | Polished w/ Polished Caps | LSD | ABS | A/C | 6-Disc w/ MP3 | Monsoon | XM
GMPP CAI | GMPP Cat-Back Performance Exhaust | Kappashield | 2.55" Stubby | Kappapouch | GXP Alum Sill Plates | GM All Weather Mats & Splash Guards

My mother said to me, "If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope." Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso. ~Pablo Picasso
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 10:49 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne07 View Post
Sorry, I mean right click ...... please check my updated instructions again and retry.

Just checked your thread and it works perfectly. Is of course very cumbersome but in case one MUST SEE the enlarged thumbnails this is a good solution.
Which Browser are you using?

When I right click the image, I don't have the option to [Open IMAGE in a new tab]

I'm using Firefox.

1st 1K - #741
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode