Solsticeforum Satisfaction Survey - Pontiac Solstice Forum
View Poll Results: Please click all that apply:
Forum threads: You find the forum discussion to be interesting and insightful 56 100.00%
Forum threads: You find the forum discussion to be uninteresting and uninsightful 3 5.36%
Forum members: You find the forum members to be respectful 50 89.29%
Forum members: You find the forum members to be disrespectful 2 3.57%
When you were (are) a new member: You found the FAQ threads helpful 38 67.86%
When you were (are) a new member: You did not find the FAQ threads helpful 2 3.57%
When you were (are) a new member: Other members made you feel welcome 38 67.86%
When you were (are) a new member: Other members made you feel unwanted 3 5.36%
Overall: You like the forum and are pleased with its contents and people 53 94.64%
Overall: You are not pleased with the forum and its contents/people 3 5.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Mod Emeritus

Solsticeforum Satisfaction Survey

As a few of us discussed in another thread, here is a Satisfaction Survey for the forum of sorts. Its a poll based survey so anyone who wants to take part can do so anonymously.

The idea behind it is to try and get a quantitative idea of how the forum is doing, and what the community as a whole thinks about it. Its also to try and get an idea on how well we are doing with newer members.

The poll limits me to 10 questions to vote on. I wish I could have broken it down more, but the limit is the limit. If we think we need to explore something further, or another topic/area, we can always do a supplemental post.

Categories are in pairs, and you can vote for more than one item, so go ahead and vote for one or the other in each pair.

Comments are encouraged too. Not necessary, but there is nothing wrong with some constructive criticism. Just be careful, as we do not want any flame wars started. Thanks for taking the time to give this a shot and share your thoughts and ideas!

Solstice and Sky Fan

Retired Solstice Forum Super Moderator (Apr 2005-July 2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Many thanks to FFormula88 for putting this together!

As you've noticed, I've redirected folks to this area, since it is mostly site related, and I've stuck the thread.

Thanks for participating!

Suggestions for other improvements are appreciated.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Founding Member

This is the first and only site I have been an active member on. I have lurked on others and even put in my 2 cents once or twice, but this one is so positive and encouraging. Every question asked seems to get answered to the best of peoples abilities. Other sites have questions just sitting out there with no answers. I particularly like that every new member gets a "Welcome!" in the reply more than once. Also information seems to get here faster than anywhere else (even if it starts as "rumor has it...")
My only negatives are that people who answer need to be sure that they understood the meaning of the thread even if they did not voice it well. and that we need to stay on topic a little more (but how else would we get four pages out of a question like "do you think it will have cupholders?")
Overall, this site is awesome and its the people that contribute that make it great. Here's to all the active members! :cheers

Brian
--------
waiting. patiently.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Mod Emeritus

Thanks for offering some comments waiting! :thumbs

You brought up some good concerns. We have had some confusion in threads which has caused a few waves. Nothing that is too big of a deal, but we can do better.

Staying on topic in threads is certainly a good criticism. We have often gone off on a free-form discussion in a thread, and had pages of stuff unrelated to the original topic. Also, and area we should work on.

:cheers

Solstice and Sky Fan

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Garage
I think a really big part of the issues Waiting brought up has to do with the fact this car technically doesn't exist yet. Once the car is in peoples hands, we get some dyno plots, some after market addons, and a ton more information it'll be a lot easier to stay on topic thanks to having more to discuss about topics get started without having to feel to jump to other thigns to keep topics going.

2006 Mysterious Solstice
2007 Mean Solstice GXP
2008 Velocity Yellow Corvette Coupe
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Mod Emeritus

We'll also have more forums with fairly specific topics that will further help people stay on topic. Right now the forums are fairly general and can encompass a lot of topics.

Once we have cars in hand, and specific forums for posting specific topics, things will be much more clear.

Solstice and Sky Fan

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Staying on topic in threads is certainly a good criticism. We have often gone off on a free-form discussion in a thread, and had pages of stuff unrelated to the original topic. Also, and area we should work on.
I have just now made a New Years resolution (OK, so I'm running a little late) that when I read something that sparks me to think, "Your right but you've also got to consider...." or "Yeah but I was wondering..." instead of just blurting it out in a post, I will review it and decide wither it shouldn't be the start of a new thead. Bad news is I expect I'll be starting a lot of deadend and redundant threads.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Waiting,

Thanx a bunch for your comments!

Staying on topic (or actually, straying off) is something I know I have been guilty of - as well as most of the 'timers 'round here.

I've just figured out how to split threads, so in future, I am trying to address topic tangents by splitting appropriately and starting new thread discussions. And I'm personally trying very hard to at least end every post addressing my input to the subject of the post. Straying off topic, I'm learning, is called "hijacking" and it can be subtle or it can be blatant.

Most of us that have hijacked did it inadvertantly. Blatant hijacking is going to a thread where there's a good discussion on color and posting something like "What does everyone think of the revised horsepower figures...":lol

We'll likely be revising the organization of the Sol'forum in the future - please be patient. Troy (administrator and site owner) is a busy guy, but a reorg would help with more 'bins' to put this info into, especially as tangent topics are appropriately split off.

SM
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Founding Member

I don't mind the straying off topic too much. It mimicks actual face to face conversations. When we go off topic, it usually means the original thread topic is been flogged to death or reached a sort od resolution, and something more interesting came up in the conversation. Rather than break the flow of discourse, by starting a new thread we often start from there. Most of the time I think it's ok and feels natural.

This post of mine is a perfect example. The original topic was a survey of the members opinions on the forum. Since straying from topic was mentioned more than once, I'm now posting in response to that somewhat different topic. And so it goes. :rolleyes Anyhow, the forum's great and I'm sure we will be more focused when there is more concrete information out there. :cheers

Thanks again Bob, for building my car! Envious/Ebony VIN #0051
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDave
This post of mine is a perfect example. The original topic was a survey of the members opinions on the forum. Since straying from topic was mentioned more than once, I'm now posting in response to that somewhat different topic. And so it goes. :rolleyes Anyhow, the forum's great and I'm sure we will be more focused when there is more concrete information out there. :cheers
Ah, but in this case, comments and concerns about the forum were encouraged in the original post. Since starying off topic is a forum concern, and you commented on it, I'd say you stayed on topic. Its just a broad topic! :cheers

I also like your point. It is similar to face to face conversation, and as the conversation progresses people don't just say the same thing back and forth to each other, they progress to new info and ideas.

Solstice and Sky Fan

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Administrator

I'm not going to go "militant" on topic focus, just where there's obvious topic changes, I'm trying to get them split to a new thread or merged to a previous but recent one on same subject (like the discussion on foreign purchases that I split/merged to the topic on that very subject).
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Bump for new people. Please take a look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode