Thread seems to have disappeared... - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Thread seems to have disappeared...

The post I made about the transmission noise, after changing to a shift adapter and new shift knob, seems to have disappeared as a live entity. If I put "1-2 shift noise" in the search box, it shows up as the first thing listed, "Really need help on transmission/shifting noise - Pontiac Solstice ..." but clicking to open goes nowhere.

I tried sending "administrator" a question about what's up but get stonewalled by the forum software. This has happened before, where asking a question goes into a loop of doing the same thing repeatedly and getting nowhere.

I did a test run with the car yesterday and have information of some note about what appears (or sounds) to be the problem. I'd like to share some photos of what comprises the stock shifter, once completely taken apart. Have not found that on the forum. That's part of the key, I believe.

Anyway if an administrator, or person in power, would communicate with me about where the thread went it would be nice.

Try email, it's in my profile.

Thanks,

Richard Snipes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:04 PM
Administrator

I check all of your posting history and did not find any post or thread on the shifter noise by you. I also checked to see if had been deleted but did not see anything in history of deletions.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:42 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
For what it's worth, the OP's data shows a total of 39 posts, but a listing of all his posts only shows 35 posts. There was some sort of disruption of this forum over the weekend, and I suspect that it had to be restored from a backup, or partially restored from a backup. I checked the other AutoGuide fora I am a member of, and this is the only forum that required me to log back in, so something logged me off, probably sometime Saturday evening/overnight. Maybe it was Friday night. I didn't write it down, but I remember wondering what had happened on this forum.

@MomsSol

raygun likes this.

1st 1K - #741
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:44 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Oh, and I also remember reading a message regarding transmission noise recently.

1st 1K - #741
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Thanks Dave!

I will send a link to the forum support contact.

FWIW.....I didn't have any issues this weekend w the forum.....things that make you go hmmmmm.

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:17 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsSol View Post
Thanks Dave!

I will send a link to the forum support contact.

FWIW.....I didn't have any issues this weekend w the forum.....things that make you go hmmmmm.
The only thing I noticed was that I needed to do a fresh login on every device I use to access the forum, 4 computers and my iPad.

SkyRoadster.com, SubaruBRZforum.com and Veloster.org all went without a hitch, so something happened here. Something was reset, don't know what.

Thanks for whatever!

DaveOC

1st 1K - #741
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

That's what I was trying to point out. If you put "1-2 shift noise" in the search box, my thread will show up as the first link displayed on the page. But..it goes nowhere. Bill in BC was the last to comment before I said I'd do a 150 mile test and make half the trip with the new DDM shift adapter and wooden knob which was when all the NVH occurred and then halfway change back to the OEM shifter per his suggestion. Did that...

Yeah, the gear whine in 2nd, and the top of 3rd, went away and so did the 5th gear shifter dance. So much for my expensive nostalgic mod! I was prepared for dying synchros, etc.

Had some good response on the thread and I have photos of the OEM shifter autopsy that may be of interest. Would be nice to get the info back.

Russian hackers or our side? BTW, now I can have text color choices in quick reply. Hmmm...

Thanks, Richard
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Here, you will get this, doing what I said in the beginning: Pontiac Solstice Forum - Search Results for 1-2 shift noise
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:47 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Here is the full link to the missing thread:

"https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f43/really-need-help-transmission-shifting-noise-143489/"

It is the first item in a Google search for "1-2 shift noise"

Just like you said.

1st 1K - #741
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4501 Safari View Post
Here, you will get this, doing what I said in the beginning: Pontiac Solstice Forum - Search Results for 1-2 shift noise
Oh I believed you!
This thread (link) has been sent to the site support.

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:25 PM

!#@$%$!#@$# Russians....
raygun and Steelmesh like this.

2007 2.4L N/A. Stock + some pretty crap.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:42 PM

Garage
Just for information on the site. I to had to log in again. I always stay logged in since the change of passwords was required.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:12 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
Just for information on the site. I to had to log in again. I always stay logged in since the change of passwords was required.
The auto forums are the only places I usually stay logged in, so it always comes as a surprise when I discover that I'm NOT logged in. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

1st 1K - #741
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Hey guys,

I just ran a sync on the posts and threads. Can you let us know if that helped with those missing threads?

~Sheena
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 08:18 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hey guys,

I just ran a sync on the posts and threads. Can you let us know if that helped with those missing threads?

~Sheena
Thanks, Sheena!

That appears to have solved this missing thread. 4501Safari will be pleased that his thread is available again.

1st 1K - #741
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode