07 GXP Competitive Mode - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

07 GXP Competitive Mode

Hey Everyone, I'm Luke from Georgia and I just got an '07 Solstice GXP in Sly with 43k miles; and obviously new to the forum. As I've been getting acquainted with my new car, I've noticed the competitive mode feature (and read plenty on here). However, mine turns on as soon as I press the traction control button, NOT after a double press. It just goes straight into competitive mode. It's the 5-speed manual if that matters. My concern is that a previous owner has messed with the tune in some fashion. Should this concern me? And how would I be able to find out what else may or may not be 'stock' with the tune of the vehicle? From my investigation of the vehicle, nothing seems to be modified physically; looks bone stock.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 06:30 PM

I'm not even certain this can be changed. I think the BCM houses this program, not the ECM. But someone else will have to comment for certain.

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 07:11 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car!

Whats the max boost PSI while flooring it?
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

I actually haven't floored it in competitive mode yet. I'll try taking her out this week and report back. What's the thought?

@The_Ghost Thanks for the information. Also, I see you have the Solo Street Race exhaust. How do you like it? I'm looking to do the same with mine.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 08:17 PM

Garage
@luke_gxp You mentioned that you thought someone may have messed with the tune, if it's got an aftermarket tune then you should see over 20psi while flooring it.

You're a better man than me! As soon as mine got up to temp while I was test driving it I stomped it several times. Vroom vroom!!!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveaux View Post
@luke_gxp You mentioned that you thought someone may have messed with the tune, if it's got an aftermarket tune then you should see over 20psi while flooring it.

You're a better man than me! As soon as mine got up to temp while I was test driving it I stomped it several times. Vroom vroom!!!!
Depending on the tune, you sometimes need to be in 3rd gear or higher to see max boost. You certainly won't see it in 1st, and 2nd is hit or miss depending on tuner.

2007 Solstice GXP
#3 ASP, DET and NWOR SCCA
"It's a Kappa - not a classic"
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:53 AM

This is kinda out there, but could it be a flaky switch that is chattering and making the car think that the button was pushed twice?

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:20 AM

Welcome Luke & congrats on your car.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 02:42 PM
Founding Member

Welcome to the forum.

Aggressive GXP at $25,995.00 shipping of $600, MT.
Options:
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 05:22 PM

Didn't trifecta have the ability to change from stock to a different tune through the cruise button? Could someone have done the same using the tc button?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:28 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLAsh View Post
Didn't trifecta have the ability to change from stock to a different tune through the cruise button? Could someone have done the same using the tc button?
You could also have them set it with the TC button, one of the options when ordering it from Trifecta.

YMMV

1st 1K - #741
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLAsh View Post
I'm running a Trifecta switchable tune and still have to push the TC button twice to get into competitive mode and activate the custom tune.

2008 GXP Aggressive Red - SOL LVR - Trifecta custom switchable tune - DDM CAI/charge tubes/silicone hoses - Werks IC - Solo Hi-flow Cat/Mach Shorty exhaust - DDM Probeam/Backbone/Venom brace - Sprint Booster - Short throw shifter - Full LED conversion w/pulsating third brake light and sequential turn signals - SaddlX & GearTripR center console - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

First, thank you everyone for some great responses and very welcoming to the forum!

Second, I'm a little embarrassed. My traction control button has just an every so much hesitation and my dumb self was pressing it twice thinking the first press wasn't hard enough. Driving this morning I was more focused on what I was doing and noticed the difference. Truthfully, I didn't know about the competitive mode till I had stumbled onto it.

For what it's worth my max boost was 14 psi so I feel very confident everything is completely stock. A nice blank canvas!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:30 AM

Good to know, and thank you for following up.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

And another error. I found a really good stretch of road this afternoon and actually got the boost up to 18 psi.
Greatgab likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: