I just bought a 2007 Solstice and am developing a list of issues - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I just got it back from the dealer for a free repair and the passenger air bad stuff is all okay!

Apparently the drivers seat belt latch switch (or wires) are causing light and chime problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:57 AM

Good news brother.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Talley View Post
Apparently the drivers seat belt latch switch (or wires) are causing light and chime problems.

If it's at all like my Chevy pickup, you can just unplug that under the seat and it will go away.
CABGX5 and Kevin Talley like this.

Chris

"Sunny" - '08 Brazen Orange 2.4 Auto... 7660 feet up in the mountains
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCat View Post
If it's at all like my Chevy pickup, you can just unplug that under the seat and it will go away.
Won't that just keep them on continuously?

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 03:05 PM

Garage
I don't know about the Solstice. On a different GM. my Chevy, that is a closed circuit when the seat belt is unbuckled so the light and chime activate. As soon as you plug in the buckle, the circuit opens and goes quiet/dark. Disconnecting the switch at the plug under the seat achieves the same thing permanently. You lose the reminder to put on your seat belt but I wear mine all the time anyway.
CABGX5 likes this.

Chris

"Sunny" - '08 Brazen Orange 2.4 Auto... 7660 feet up in the mountains
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I left a message at the German place for the air lift a few days ago. He has never contacted me back.

The heater mix control took several re calibrations. I even did one with the control knobs in the reverse positions, then back with another normal one. It did not work, but the next day it was working wonderfully. I think elves come and work on it at night.

One of the seat belt lights was the drivers belt. I pulled the seat out. it took two trips to town. one fore a 15mm socket and a second for a T50. I remembered someone posting that they used a 6" extension for the seat nuts. I used ever extension I had, and my back thanked me.

The wires from the latch were a bit of a problem to fish out of the seat. I found where they had been pinched and shorted to the frame. I didn't think fixing the little bare spots on the wires would fix it, so I taped it up and checked the switch in the latch and reconnected it. I left the wire out of the seat and slapped the seat back in. It fixed it. I need to go back and do a better job of insulating the wires.

I want to try a fluid change for the manual transmission. I'm looking at Synchroshift (part#792) with 3oz. of BG MGC additive(part#325) as per PASSIONRE posted. https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/...uid-oil-64180/ post #12.

I doubt that this will fix it but I'll try it.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Just figured our how to subscribe to my own thread.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCat View Post
I don't know about the Solstice. On a different GM. my Chevy, that is a closed circuit when the seat belt is unbuckled so the light and chime activate. As soon as you plug in the buckle, the circuit opens and goes quiet/dark. Disconnecting the switch at the plug under the seat achieves the same thing permanently. You lose the reminder to put on your seat belt but I wear mine all the time anyway.
Yes! That's the way my 2007 is. Luckily I could barely here the chimes over the loud pipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: