new to these cars. - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Location: at the snow white beaches of north west florida...or in the shop, but never on the couch. possibly playing pool.or eating
new to these cars.

hi! I bought a 2006 with 55000 miles this week.....sofar it's fun,ac compressor tends to get extreamly noisey at times silent at times... and seems to drag down the engine at the noisey times...sometimes.almost feels like dropping a cylinder.....or it's just me Im not used to low powered cars. but sofar I really like it. it was a hard transition to a gm product, but..it wasent the GM that sold it.I wanted this look.it's not too far from my 356 porsche so....thats it in a nut shell.now for some headers...and what ever else i need to get a little better MPG and ..fun, but sofar it's plenty fun I didnt buy it for a racecar, had that all my life. now it's comfort&style. also...I doint care for the noisey start up after sitting for hours till it gets oil pressure....oh wellI reckon Ill have to get a engine to build properly...but I would rather never have to mess with this..........like thats gonna happen. this car looks almost new inside and out and the color is perfect,silver with steel'sand interior.witch looks new too. I hope I can keep it that way.
Rphillips66 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:16 PM

Garage
Congratulations on your new car and welcome to the forum! It's a good thing you got a silver car, they're easily the fastest!

This forum is great, lots of good people and a plethora of information should you need it.

This forum has also cost me a pretty penny. I've done so many mods, that I never would of thought about had it not been for these pages.

Soon you'll have a supercharger or GXP!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:21 PM

welcome to the forum!

read it every day and you will never run out of things to fix, to modify, or to find wrong and remedy. lots of guys on here that really know their stuff.

Bill.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:22 PM

By the way, mean yellow is definitely faster.

Bill.
Retlaw and okiebill like this.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 08:22 PM

Garage
Welcome to the Forum... reds are pretty fast too (according to my local Law Enforcement).

2008 GXP Aggressive Red - SOL LVR - Trifecta custom switchable tune - DDM CAI/charge tubes/silicone hoses - Werks IC - Solo Hi-flow Cat/Mach Shorty exhaust - DDM Probeam/Backbone/Venom brace - Sprint Booster - Short throw shifter - Full LED conversion w/pulsating third brake light and sequential turn signals - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 08:31 PM

If you have the CAI ? go back to the OEM and it will be quitter
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:59 AM

Welcome to the forum Marksbug .Lots of good folks here that will share there knowledge .
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 11:50 AM

Welcome Mark - have fun!

2007 2.4L N/A. Stock + some pretty crap.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 12:49 PM

Welcome to the forum. The 2.4 has been described as peppy, and unless you plan on bolting on an aftermarket turbo or Rotrex supercharger, I think you'd be disappointed with any other modifications for increased horsepower/torque.

I'v never read a post about the AC units on the car being too loud. I think our AC unit came from the Hummer H2 brand. If I'm driving around and turn on the AC I can feel a little loss in power, but it's so short it's hardly noticeable.
Sting Ya likes this.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 02:48 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum. Silver is a really nice color,, but black is faster.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 02:51 PM
Supporting Vendor

Welcome to the forum!

WindRestrictor®
Use code "Paul10" save 10%
Click Here For Info
972-487-5987

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 04:32 PM
Founding Member

Welcome to the forum.

Aggressive GXP at $25,995.00 shipping of $600, MT.
Options:
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Location: at the snow white beaches of north west florida...or in the shop, but never on the couch. possibly playing pool.or eating
thanks guys!! I know I will never get the power out of this that makes me smile good, so Ill just do a few small things to it. i havent checked for a header thread or tuning chip thingsy yet ( Im a duel carb kind of guy, and have never messed with this electronic stuff)). havent checked much of any thing else either.I do need a dash vent witch I saw somebody had 3 for sail ( Im in fl so it's sail..but Im a gofast guy not a sailer..) I sent a pm but got no responce as of yet.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbug View Post
thanks guys!! I know I will never get the power out of this that makes me smile good, so Ill just do a few small things to it. i havent checked for a header thread or tuning chip thingsy yet ( Im a duel carb kind of guy, and have never messed with this electronic stuff)). havent checked much of any thing else either.I do need a dash vent witch I saw somebody had 3 for sail ( Im in fl so it's sail..but Im a gofast guy not a sailer..) I sent a pm but got no responce as of yet.
Wanna make the car feel faster? Install a transmission tunnel brace, a rear end brace, and an engine brace. Folks on the forum have been installing that combo for years and the consensus is that it makes the car feel faster. But is it actually faster? Who knows, but quite a few folks install the items (including myself). DDMWorks and RPM-Motorsports approach it two different ways with their chassis packages, but they do it for the same basic objective to tighten the chassis up for improved performance. Both vendors usually run some type of (10%) specials around major holidays.

Also, performance tires, there are so many threads on that subject I'll let others recommend a brand. And finally my personal recommendation, lower it (coilovers or lowering springs), it may not make it any faster but it does help get rid of that 4X4 wheel well space and makes the car er...looking.
Sting Ya likes this.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.

Last edited by ChopTop; 04-02-2019 at 05:20 AM.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:11 AM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
Welcome to the forum. The 2.4 has been described as peppy, and unless you plan on bolting on an aftermarket turbo or Rotrex supercharger, I think you'd be disappointed with any other modifications for increased horsepower/torque.

I'v never read a post about the AC units on the car being too loud. I think our AC unit came from the Hummer H2 brand. If I'm driving around and turn on the AC I can feel a little loss in power, but it's so short it's hardly noticeable.
There are posts from back in 2007 about noisy AC units. Several were replaced under warranty. It was a not frequent but not rare issue in the early cars.
ChopTop likes this.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: