2007 Mallett Solstice #005! - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
2007 Mallett Solstice #005!

First, let me say that I have come to appreciate the members on this forum for the decorum shown on nearly every post with most responses being helpful and to the point.

Now, some of you may know I was working very hard to try and find a way to register Yamatr3's v8 Solstice (which I love) and ran into 'a lot' of roadblocks here in California and the ARB with all shops I contacted not wanting to attempt changes to make it happen! I was very disappointed that I could not make that car mine but things happen for a reason...right?

So, after much due diligence I was able to track down (car was not being advertised for sale) the owner of a Sly colored (my favorite) Mallett car in Virginia with only 2051 original miles on her that has been stored properly and registered every year since new...what a find! The car is in 'perfect' condition with no issues and all recalls performed. The owner had originally posted the car here on this forum back in 2011 (which is how I ran across it) and has been 'sitting' on it since with many cars to drive. The beauty of the Mallett is the ability to register it here in Cali (hopefully) due to the fact it is built with all GM components and emission equipment left in place and functional! Car will be here once reliable carriers has a pick up date confirmed.

Added a couple pics and already making plans for: RPM rollbar, Tires/Wheels, Norms body kit, etc..may look similar to Yamatr3's when done

I am curious - any NorCal/Pacific Coast members here that meet regularly or ?

Thanks to everyone for any/all input and looking forward to the Kappa/Mallett experience!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0830.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	597.8 KB
ID:	86522   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0828.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	579.9 KB
ID:	86530   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0839.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	505.0 KB
ID:	86538   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0841.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	603.1 KB
ID:	86546  
TVRBill and Halo819 like this.

Last edited by K001; 05-03-2018 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Updated California registration info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 09:01 AM

Congrats on buying a creampuff Mallett! My unsolicited advice, drive it, and then wait a year or two before changing anything with one exception; invest in a new set of premium grippy tires. One of the beauties of the Mallet is it's a perfect example of an iron fist in a velvet glove.
K001 likes this.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.

Last edited by ChopTop; 05-01-2018 at 09:03 AM.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 09:09 AM

Wow! That baby must be a monster when you stomp on the loud pedal!
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
Congrats on buying a creampuff Mallett! My unsolicited advice, drive it, and then wait a year or two before changing anything with one exception; invest in a new set of premium grippy tires. One of the beauties of the Mallet is it's a perfect example of an iron fist in a velvet glove.
Funny - never heard the term 'Cream Puff' used when describing a Mallett vehicle
Rusty Boltz likes this.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 12:36 PM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Put the rear suspension brace, either from DDM or Werks and make sure it has the backbone in place. We had a club member with an early Mallet conversion that did not have the backbone in place and he ended up in a bad situation with it due to the chassis flexing in an emergency. I have been told that some of the early Mallets were delivered without them. Either Dave can make one for you if you don't have one. They need to be clearance at the rear for the driveshaft.

The second picture here shows mine

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1341826
K001 likes this.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob the elder View Post
Put the rear suspension brace, either from DDM or Werks and make sure it has the backbone in place. We had a club member with an early Mallet conversion that did not have the backbone in place and he ended up in a bad situation with it due to the chassis flexing in an emergency. I have been told that some of the early Mallets were delivered without them. Either Dave can make one for you if you don't have one. They need to be clearance at the rear for the driveshaft.

The second picture here shows mine

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1341826
Experience and expertise is much appreciated all.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Founding Member

Is this the one where the owner is/was a female?.

Aggressive GXP at $25,995.00 shipping of $600, MT.
Options:
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
LV, that is the one...here is the link to that old thread if interested - https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ce-sale-70853/
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Founding Member

Yes I know about the car and she was very adamant about the selling price, hope after all this years you got a good price since her initial asking price was $38K and would not considered $27K.
On the thread she never mentioned what Mallet package it has, so do you know?.
Did Mallet change the tires?. If not you will find with the 5th speed transmission and assuming the 3:73 rear ratio is going to spin the rears a lot.
Glad you were able to get a Mallet and not have to be concern about the emissions from Cali.

Aggressive GXP at $25,995.00 shipping of $600, MT.
Options:
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinVenom View Post
Yes I know about the car and she was very adamant about the selling price, hope after all this years you got a good price since her initial asking price was $38K and would not considered $27K.
On the thread she never mentioned what Mallet package it has, so do you know?.
Did Mallet change the tires?. If not you will find with the 5th speed transmission and assuming the 3:73 rear ratio is going to spin the rears a lot.
Glad you were able to get a Mallet and not have to be concern about the emissions from Cali.
Yes LV, the price was agreed to by both of us...$30K (with shipping) which I felt I would have 'easily' had, and more, into Yamatr3's car with: car, shipping and emissions controls parts and labor - without any assurance it would pass a smog inspection here!

The Mallett package is the 'Preferred Conversion Package' (she has ALL paperwork with the car) that was scanned and sent to me. I don't know about the tires but, the wheels and tires are first on my list of upgrades.

I will have to drive the car to determine gearing issues or not and go from there.

Would loved to have purchased John's car but was impossible with this state (CA) as I spent $400 on an in depth inspection of the car and about 3 weeks worth of due diligence trying to make it happen.

Thanks to you LV and John for all your support and I hope John has a good outcome on his car as the car is worth every penny he is asking IMO.

Best ~
rob the elder likes this.

Last edited by K001; 05-02-2018 at 07:40 AM.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 05:06 PM

hello and great find. Nice to see her appreciated by someone with Passion. Thanks again from Norm
K001 likes this.
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 06:43 PM

Garage
Personal oppinion. You have a very low number Mallett with very few miles on it. The closer you keep it to stock the more it is going to be worth down the road. I just sold mine a few months ago. The value on #005 will grow as time goes by. I would also recommend you insure it for claimed value as quickly as you can. State Farm did mine but I think Rob got a better rate from another company.

If by some chance you want to go with the wheels that were designed for the car, I have the Cad drawings for them. I had two made for mine.

The sound is fantastic, you will love the car.

Be careful with it. They are a lot different to drive than the GXP or Redline, as any V8 conversion would be.

Have fun
Sting Ya and K001 like this.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Skersfan, thank you for the offer feel free to send me a pm with drawings if able.

Best -
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 10:53 PM

Congrats on an Awesome car!!

2009 Cool GXP coupe 5 spd
1968 TVR Tuscan SE V8
1977 TVR Taimar Turbo LHD
1979 TVR 3000S
1985 CRX Si
others.... too many
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 12:05 AM

Garage
As Rob stated, mine did not come with a tunnel brace. Had Dave at DDM make me 1/2 inch brace. That was my only mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode