2009 Solstice Pricing - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 07:32 PM

we went and looked at a 09 today do they not make a soft top to take with you in case it rains while you are out?

08 Red Rocket , enjoying life and blessed to have her.

No mods yet but after warranty is out.....WATCH OUT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Location: Under an invisibility cloak, somewhere in the Northeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatdab
we went and looked at a 09 today do they not make a soft top to take with you in case it rains while you are out?
The Soft Top package for the 2009 Solstice Removeable Hardtop is a limited production limited availability dealership accessory ordered through the Parts Department.

INFORMATION POSTED ON SITE
Any Service Manual, Technical Service Bulletin, Priliminary Service Bulletin, Part, Accessory, Sales or Product information found here on site, should be thought of as correct and accurate as of the date it was posted. After that any information or service procedure should be confirmed as still correct with your dealership.

FAN MAIL TO ME: "Unfortunately, itís attitudes like yours that give dealers a bad reputation."
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 11:02 AM

SD, did they ever release or put into production the "new style" chrome wheels for the 09's?

just wondering as I thought I had seen them on the "Last" Solstice to come off the line but wasn't sure if those were just a nice set of the "high polished"

Show Car: 2002 Trans Am Collector Edition #619 "Falcon"
Fun Car and Daily Driver: 2009 N/A Aggressive Solstice! "Chief"
(ordered 6/28/08 - Built 7/23/08 - Delivered 9/12/08)
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDITCAR
did they ever release or put into production the "new style" chrome wheels for the 09's?

just wondering as I thought I had seen them on the "Last" Solstice to come off the line but wasn't sure if those were just a nice set of the "high polished"
Do not remember seeing any message that the change occured. GM/Pontiac never updated the photograph in the On-Line Order Guide. Since the same RPO Code was being used, there would be no way to tell by looking at build histories.

So, good question.

Any Service Manual, Technical Service Bulletin, Priliminary Service Bulletin, Part, Accessory, Sales or Product information found here on site, should be thought of as correct and accurate as of the date it was posted. After that any information or service procedure should be confirmed as still correct with your dealership.

FAN MAIL TO ME: "Unfortunately, itís attitudes like yours that give dealers a bad reputation."
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

No part listing in the parts catalog for a revised PD5 for 2009.

post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 10:17 AM

thanks SD,

I guess they figured no reason to have the wheels ordered and produced at a certain order quantity with the manufacturer since the line being discontinued.
Ah well, chrome is too heavy anyway

Show Car: 2002 Trans Am Collector Edition #619 "Falcon"
Fun Car and Daily Driver: 2009 N/A Aggressive Solstice! "Chief"
(ordered 6/28/08 - Built 7/23/08 - Delivered 9/12/08)
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 01:01 PM

SD,
I have been searching for a base 2009 coupe. I have had contradictory rebate quotes.
One $3000.00 and the other $2500.00 The GM Website lists $2500.00
In your opinion, do you think rebates will increase? It's been a little tough trying to
locate a coupe in the 29k price range in 1) Pure and 2) Wicked Ruby with a 'willing to negotiate' dealer. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrizb View Post
SD,
I have been searching for a base 2009 coupe. I have had contradictory rebate quotes.
In your opinion, do you think rebates will increase? It's been a little tough trying to
locate a coupe in the 29k price range in 1) Pure and 2) Wicked Ruby with a 'willing to negotiate' dealer. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum! Good luck on your coupe search!

Solstice and Sky Fan

Retired Solstice Forum Super Moderator (Apr 2005-July 2009)
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrizb
There is a $500 Dealership Cash Bonus Program on the Solstice. Some information data bases add that to the $2,500 Consumer Cash Bonus for the $3,000 total. Others do not, as it is the dealership option to pass it along to a buyer.
Quote:
In your opinion, do you think rebates will increase?
It is my opinion that incentives on Pontiac are as high as they are going to be. I can only see them staying the same, coming down or ending. In fact they will be ending for the 2008 model year on November 2nd.

Quote:
It's been a little tough trying to
Which model and what options are you interested in?

post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:58 PM

Looks like we all bought our rides too soon. New 2008 GXP's (Automatic, air cond., etc) now selling at dealers in Detroit area for under $23,000. Thought I got a deal on my '07 GXP at $24,500. This is going to drive resale values down even farther. I have thought about maybe selling mine due to 25% wage cut this year, but looks like I can't get the money I owe on it.
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 06:44 PM

I've been email shopping around, to find some last pickings too...although pretty much now all have been used titled by the dealers so they could get the GM $7k.

So far:
$29,280 Base Auto convertible for $21,505 (same dealer I got my G8 from)
$32,110 GXP Auto convertible for $25,994
$28,730 Base Stick coupe for $24,780
$34,810 GXP Auto coupe for $29,310 (new)

And a few others. I think the GXP coupe is the only one still new, but also the most expensive of course. 0% for 72 on new ones peaked my interest as it did with my G8, but they're mostly all now used or at least ones around me I'd consider...so a deeper discount and decent financing could also work. Except for #1, none of the others are dipping into the full $7k incentive off sticker they received for titling them.

Hmmm...not the perfect deals when I originally thought "oooh, a Solstice for low $20k's AND 0%", but have to be realistic with what's left & otherwise. Seriously considering #1, even if it is a 2.4L & not the turbo DI 2.0L I would prefer, plus at my fave dealer...or maybe #2 if that turbo is worth $4500, less additional options & less of a discount but still a pretty meaty one. G8 could use a friend, even if I don't know where I'd put it yet, because too many fun miles on one alone continue to rack up.

Or, as TomShadow mentioned...there's lots of used or still leftover 2008's, etc. at even better prices. I naturally want as new as possible still with the window sticker, and more so a "last of the last" with a last 2009 example...but all possibilities.

Last edited by caddyguy; 01-28-2010 at 06:47 PM.
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyguy View Post

So far:
$29,280 Base Auto convertible for $21,505 (same dealer I got my G8 from)
$32,110 GXP Auto convertible for $25,994
$28,730 Base Stick coupe for $24,780
$34,810 GXP Auto coupe for $29,310 (new)
The GXP coupe needs to come down some more. Have you physically gone to the dealer with the GXP coupe? I emailed and called when I first inquired about mine, but it wasn't 'till I took the drive and showed up in person that the real deal happened. What color is it anyway?
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahermusic View Post
The GXP coupe needs to come down some more. Have you physically gone to the dealer with the GXP coupe? I emailed and called when I first inquired about mine, but it wasn't 'till I took the drive and showed up in person that the real deal happened. What color is it anyway?
Agreed, and that one is Aggressive, a GXP auto with basically every option. If it weren't for the color, I'd be more interested and probably even go for more off the price. But really, if it's still there when I make it to that dealer, I wanted to see & drive it to 1) try out a coupe finally and 2) try out the GXP power at the same time.

Another I found & inquired about was a Mysterious base coupe auto for $30,710 then the "deal" via email was -$7,000 for a sale price of $23,710. Basically MSRP minus the GM dealer cash. It and the white roadster for $21,505 are the best 1st offer deals of the bunch, not sure which interests me most...meant to road trip yesterday to shop all of them except for the black coupe and the snow stopped me.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 10:57 PM

What is the highest MSRP sticker possible for a 2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe? I believe mine was $34,925.00 with the only other available option I was aware of being the USB port radio at $100.00.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 09:01 AM

Mine tops out at $35,120. I don't have the sticker here with me... but let's see... auto, premium pkg, Monsoon spkrs, sport pedals, "Mean" yellow paint, air cond, chromed wheels... don't know if I left anything out.

Last edited by mahermusic; 03-17-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode