Count me in! - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Well, I enjoyed the Solstice but got the itch for something different. Sold it and bought this (yep, I've still got the Z4, too):

Will still drop in occasionally, I could see owning one again though i think I'd go Sky Redline or Mallett next time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 05:21 PM

Hey, I believe I saw you on E46 or Bimmerforums! Please don't listen to the stanceworks crowd and put something ridiculous on the Non-M coupe! New car looks great

2008 Infiniti G37S Coupe - 37k - Manual, big brakes, limited slip, etc.

2007 Sky Red Line 5-Speed - 70k - Paid for, Trifecta tune, DDM Extreme BB/Clamps, Dejon Intake

1998 Civic EX - 5-Speed - 213k - Hey, it is cheap.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 12:57 PM
DRM

Garage
Congrats....I used to be a Z3er and really love them. I loved my Z3 and enjoyed going down to the plant in SC for the Z3 Homecoming and got the chance watch them attach the roof to a Coupe by taking a Covertible Chassis and welding the coupe top on. I think the car lines look great, convertible and coupe.

I still have some of my Z3 car accessories in hopes of owning an //M Roadster or and //M Coupe...perferably a 2001 or 2002 with the bigger engine.

Enjoy......

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP Deep/Ebony/Silver Stitching, traded 8/17/12 for a 2012 Ford F150 Lariat...I'm very sad.
2006 Pontiac Solstice Mysterious/Steel/Sand F1K(#78) 2nd owner, purchased with 1,400 miles, traded 3/07 for GXP

My Garage
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
Was it fate? I just found these old pictures I took at the 2002 Chicago Auto Show:

At the dealership, I was so insistent on Sly as the color; must have made a strong first impression! Note that the concept obviously doesn't have an engine. I remember the guy with the headset saying it would have a V6.
As a matter of fact, the 2002 show Solstice did indeed have an engine. According to Gary Witzenburg in "The Pontiac Solstice Book," (2006) Bob Lutz would have been happy with a "roller"--or even a mock up for the show. But the design team put together an actual running roadster for exhibition: Lutz even drove it onto the stage at the Detroit show. (The coupe, presented at the same time, was indeed just a foam mock-up.)

Also, Lutz was firm from the outset that the Solstice would be a 4-cylinder car. A V6 was neither promised nor envisioned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode