Had my 06 6-1/2 years now and they'll get it back when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
Common newbie mistakes:
1. Don't ever put your full weight on the emergency brake when entering or getting out. It WILL bend.
2. When you close the trunk, don't push down on the humps. They WILL dent. I use the silver circle thingy, others stand behind the car and push in the center of the trunk between the humps.
3. As your brake pads wear, your e-brake will get weak, especially rolling backwards.
4. If you ever see --- on the dash info readout, the odds are 90% your thermostat is stuck open, 10% the temp sensor is bad. Both are a cheap fix, but kinda a pain in the ass.
5. When you drop the hood, make sure the doors are closed or you might get a nick on the front of the door. Especially if they are in the Mid-detent and not fully open.
6. If you do replace the fluid in the diff, figure out if the diff is limited slip and don't forget the additive if it is.
I'm sure others will chime in. Welcome to the club!