Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Need some advise on buying..

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Sidewinder 
#1 ·
:willy:I found a gxp coupe they are asking 31,000 got them to drop it to 30,000 plus two years of service. it's mean yellow. is this a fair price or way too high. right now i have a 2010 camaro . but always wanted a coupe. thanks for any input. my friends say buy it. i want to know what other owners think. i can't get them to budge any lower. and if i wait too long the car will be sold to someone else.
thanks.

#2 ·
miles on the car ?
number of previous owners ?
options ?

Please explain " 2 years of service ". What kind of dealer is selling it ?

The price of $30k seems like a brand new car...

#3 ·
I just looked at a yellow coupe in NWI at a dealership with 5000 miles and an auto. I wasn't was more curious than interested(I have a drop top fettish) and thought the price was high 31000. That over 12000 more then what you would expect to buy a vert for on the high side. Coupes do command a premium. Bottom line if you are happy with the price its a good price. It is a unique car
PS if the dealer told you there are only 500 made he doesn't know what he is talking about. About 1200 coupes. 510 GXP automatics. Others here can give exact numbers.

#4 ·
I just looked at a yellow coupe in NWI at a dealership with 5000 miles and an auto. I wasn't was more curious than interested(I have a drop top fettish) and thought the price was high 31000. That over 12000 more then what you would expect to buy a vert for on the high side. Coupes do command a premium. Bottom line if you are happy with the price its a good price. It is a unique car
PS if the dealer told you there are only 500 made he doesn't know what he is talking about. About 1200 coupes. 510 GXP automatics. Others here can give exact numbers.

#6 ·
There were less than 300 GXP manual trans coupes built. The price isn't bad. How picky do you want to be? How much do you want to own the car? If you'd really like it, you'll kick yourself in 5 years for not paying a few thousand over what you thought you should. I bought mine off the dealer's floor, new, and I NEVER do that.

#7 ·
For a car that will be a collector's item, where dealers are already commanding a premium on them, that price probably isn't too bad if it's low miles and in like new condition. The dealer near me has a black gxp coupe auto and they want $38,900 for it. Pretty sure it's still new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.