Solstice in 2019? - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 03:36 PM

Location: at the snow white beaches of north west florida...or in the shop, but never on the couch. possibly playing pool.or eating
Ive driven a turbo stang, it was fun but the back seat is almost useless....and the solstice was much cheaper...and slower. and it's my daily driver . as far as maintenance...crap shoot on anything you buy new or used. there are lots of low miles solstice out there. I do wish I had got the gxp model (turbo). but mine looks like new and has the interior I wanted. and 55000 miles. I think most of it's life was garaged. my only regret is no turbo.but thats me.this isant a hot rod just a nice ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
Hi Guys!
I'm thinking about getting a Solstice, but have some doubts.

I know nothing about a car and its reliability, I just like how it looks.
From a price standpoint I can get a Solstice with approx 30 000 miles , 2007-2008 year
or Ford Mustang 30000 miles, 2015 year. It's about 7 years difference.

My friend says that it's impossible to get 12 years old car without issues and spending money on a repair every month.

Is he right?
Thanks for the advice.
If you are from Europe can I assume that Mustang parts are more readily available? Then again, the Opel GT shares many mechanical parts with the Solstice, but the Pontiac brand isn't supported in Europe, so from a parts & factory support perspective you may want to go with the Ford.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.

Last edited by ChopTop; 08-16-2019 at 04:51 AM.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 05:01 AM

My step daughter (4th Daughter) came to Charleston yesterday and the first thing she asked. Can I drive your cool ass car. She's 25 and absolutely loves the car! We went to get ice cream, with the top down. She told me when we pulled in the drive that if she were a boy she would have a chubby!
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 08:02 AM

i have a solstice with 33,000 miles and have had no problems, but I do not drive mine daily; maybe 250 miles a month.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode