Transport question - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Transport question

Thought I would try here as it does list "transportation" as one of the subjects.

Am wanting to drive mine around Lake Tahoe and the blue ridge parkway, two really scenic drives(I highly recommend them if you live within a couple hundred miles of either). unfortunately, i'm in Houston and 1,000 miles away from both, minimum.

I have looked into transports and can get them transported from Houston to Atlanta and Houston to reno and can afford the transport costs(currently around $500 hou to atl one way and $1000 hou to reno one way); my issue is finding a transport company that can drop it off somewhere like an auto garage or even a transport facility, they want you to be at the drop off and considering the drop off day can vary, it makes it hard to do.

just curious if anyone has a been through this before and knows how to make it work. there would be plenty of places to drop it in cities the size of Reno and Atlanta that should be trustable, like a GM dealership.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 12:39 PM

Garage
It maybe worth mentioning.......if you end up using a car hauler 18 wheeler then make certain that your car is put on the top, NOT bottom.

You don't want some nasty car above yours dripping oil on your nice convertible top!

Good luck!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 01:45 PM

You should contact a broker rather than a shipper, as they usually have options in major cities that will allow you to have the vehicle picked-up or dropped-off without your presence. You will pay extra for the service, of course. You could also ask the shipper you have chosen to see if they offer this service.

Are there forum members in either area that would be willing to accept the vehicle?

FYI: Every reputable transporter has drip trays that will keep anything from the upper vehicles from dropping onto lower vehicles.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
You should contact a broker rather than a shipper, as they usually have options in major cities that will allow you to have the vehicle picked-up or dropped-off without your presence. You will pay extra for the service, of course. You could also ask the shipper you have chosen to see if they offer this service.

Are there forum members in either area that would be willing to accept the vehicle?

FYI: Every reputable transporter has drip trays that will keep anything from the upper vehicles from dropping onto lower vehicles.
thanks, will do.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 09:38 AM

The issue with most transporters and I have a few friends who have used this type of service is that they want somebody there when the car is delivered to sign off that there is no damage that occurred during shipping . If you decide to go this route make sure you take pictures of your car so that if there is an issue you have proof of the condition before shipping .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode