Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

F/S Smootline Club Racer Hard Top - Loaded

3K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  ChopTop 
#1 · (Edited)
As most of you know I am now the lucky owner of a Coupe. I figure I can now live without my Hard Top for my mean 2007 GXP Roadster. I bought her new in 2013 and went to the Smoothline Factory and had them install it. Saved on shipping etc this way.
Details as follows:
1) Condition - Mint
2) Covered in Haartz Black Vinyl
3) Accoustic headliner
4) Glass back window and defogger

Price $1400.00 US. I will not ship. You have to be willing to drive to my home in Toronto, ON Canada to pick it up. We can install it on your Sol or bring a truck. To have this shipped to Canada with taxes and duties would run you close to 3k US all in.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/smoothline-hard-top-vanity-shots-101169/

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Will include Smoothline Storage Cart with Hard Top for additional $100.00 USD. On their website it is $225.00 USD.

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)

Hey NS, I was surfing around for luggage racks to answers a thread question and stumbled on your pic (via Google/Images). I know your selling your hardtop, but I have to admit that yellow coupe w/the matching yellow hardtop looks REALLY GOOD! So good you just might want to think of keeping yours and have it painted to match. :lol: After all you did say you were running out of things to do w/it, but what that means is that it's time to start tweaking the things you've already done. BTW, was that person's car repainted, it's really a bright looking yellow?

If not, bump for a super nice hardtop at a good price.

#6 ·
Yeah, that is my buddies Harley's Sol. I think it is the picture lighting. His paint is as she came I believe. His Sol looks really nice with the paint matched hard top. I also love mine in the Haartz Vinyl. It looks to me the way GM would of done it if they offered it as an accessorie. If no one wants it I will happily keep it.

#10 ·
Top is sold!
Congratulations sir, if it would have been in Ontario, CA (California) I might have been interested. Somebody got a nice looking top for sure, and at a great price.
I'm the guy who got the nice looking top at a great price. Thanks Northern. :thumbs:

Skersfan, it's almost appropriate you were sorta thinking about this one too. While I was thinking about a certain CF steering wheel a little while ago you bought it first. :banghead: Looks great on your car by the way.

For those thinking about a top like this I'll post some pictures of what it looks like on a red car (mine) and some thoughts about it once I pick it up in a couple of weeks.

#8 ·
Congratulations sir, if it would have been in Ontario, CA (California) I might have been interested. You coupe guys, what are we going to do with you? Somebody got a nice looking top for sure, and at a great price. Maybe you will decide to remove the luggage rack to. I need a set of the attachment bolts.

Well I can dream anyway.

#9 ·
Luggage rack is on forever. I love it. I do have the drill bits that you need to install the attachment bolts. Top was purchased by a forum member so it is going to a good home.

#11 ·
Yea the steering wheel was a true find for me. I have wanted one since the first one I saw. Robotech forwarded me pictures and told me I needed one, it was 1100 bucks at the time. Bought a spoiler instead..

Anxious to see the top on a red car too. Still think Northern should get rid of that luggage rack now, it will look so naked back there. One more dig, just in case. But pretty sure I am wasting my time on that avenue of approach. Maybe I could just buy the car, most likely a better chance of that. lol

I am looking forward to driving the yellow car when I get back this weekend. We are still in Missouri, but heading home this morning. 4 day trip I think, not going rush it. Hope to get you some better pictures.

#12 · (Edited)
CRiggleman,
My pleasure and look forward to meeting you in person and seeing your Sol. Top will look wicked on a red Sol.

Skersfan,
You dream on and on and on.....not for sale and love my rack!!!!!

Cheers to you both,
NS

#14 · (Edited)
Right back at you CRigglman. It was a pleasure to hang out. The top looks wicked on your Sol. Part of me wishes I did not sell it but knowing it has gone to a good home and a fellow enthusiast makes it easier. Plus I got my Coupe.....did I mention I love my Coupe?:thumbs: I also love my mean machine roadster.

All the best,
NS

#15 ·
Northern Sol

I was looking at the great pictures of your car with the attached hard top and noticed that you have done something with your fuel filler door. I have been looking to change my fuel door but cannot find something that will fit. Did you change out the door or what?

Cheers, Don

#16 ·
Just a decal. Kappawindblade makes it. You will see a pic of my car with it on their website.

#19 ·
Solstices is a pretty cool dude too. :cool:

His car is the first that I've seen close up that has been significantly lowered, probably about 2 inches or so by my rough calculations. I'm not sure how you guys drive those but I will say that they look pretty cool. Also, after warning most people that get into my car, setting in his really kind of took me by surprise. That seat is loooowwwww. :rofl:

#20 ·
Solstices car does look low, I tried looking for more pics via his profile but didn't locate anything. I know our 06 is low, but not as low as some others on here. I'm always scanning the road ahead when driving, plus always looking at how to best enter and exit any type of incline. But it's so worth it too me. BTW, love my Club Racer hardtop, and haven't removed it from the car since purchased and painted around two years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.