thin-n-that - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

this-n-that

Before I get slammed for passing on junk, I happen to realize some people don't have the luxury of a budget affording them the option of just going out and spending $$$$ for whatever they want. So before I put this stuff to rest I thought I would offer them free to anyone that thinks they could used them.

1) Top: took this one off thinking I could do better. As it turns out the one I put on is actually worse in terms of mechanics and seals... in any case this is a headlined unit, mechanically sound with good rear window and side seals. Stitching is shot (as shown), but top is solid and did not leak. Those are not stains... just some spots from wet sanding another project.

2) Back trim panel: I picked this up to use for my roll bar project not wanting to cut up my original. Turns out I didn't have to as I used a harness bar instead of attaching to bulkhead. The good: no broken mounting tabs, storage & cup holder operational. The bad: someone has drilled a couple 1/2' holes at head rest height... and no, I have no idea why. It is a non sub-woofer blue panel.

3) Rear deck lid: No rust, but apparently the previous owner washed this car with a ball peen hammer. Certainly reparable, but way beyond the effort I was willing to endure. Great practice piece for those practicing their paintless dent repair :-). This is a black onstar unit.

4) Corbeau A4 seat: This one unfortunately has a price of $500. Brand new (well ok I sat in it a couple times to realize it would not work for my application). This is a black leather, 5th slot, shaved bottom with Planted seat base. Although I did not measure, seat height seems to be about the same as a stock seat at it's lowest position. Dimensions can be found on the Corbeau site.

Naturally all this stuff is pick up as shipping would be ridiculous. I realize none of this stuff appeals to 99.99%, but did not want to throw anything out without offering. Items 1,2 & 3 no longer available.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	top.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	98903   Click image for larger version

Name:	topl.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	98905   Click image for larger version

Name:	topr.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	98907  

Last edited by gzfqy6; 09-10-2019 at 04:28 AM. Reason: remove items
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzfqy6 View Post
Before I get slammed for passing on junk, I happen to realize some people don't have the luxury of a budget affording them the option of just going out and spending $$$$ for whatever they want. So before I put this stuff to rest I thought I would offer them free to anyone that thinks they could used them.

1) Top: took this one off thinking I could do better. As it turns out the one I put on is actually worse in terms of mechanics and seals... in any case this is a headlined unit, mechanically sound with good rear window and side seals. Stitching is shot (as shown), but top is solid and did not leak. Those are not stains... just some spots from wet sanding another project.

2) Back trim panel: I picked this up to use for my roll bar project not wanting to cut up my original. Turns out I didn't have to as I used a harness bar instead of attaching to bulkhead. The good: no broken mounting tabs, storage & cup holder operational. The bad: someone has drilled a couple 1/2' holes at head rest height... and no, I have no idea why. It is a non sub-woofer blue panel.

3) Rear deck lid: No rust, but apparently the previous owner washed this car with a ball peen hammer. Certainly reparable, but way beyond the effort I was willing to endure. Great practice piece for those practicing their paintless dent repair :-). This is a black onstar unit.

4) Corbeau A4 seat: This one unfortunately has a price of $500. Brand new (well ok I sat in it a couple times to realize it would not work for my application). This is a black leather, 5th slot, shaved bottom with Planted seat base. Although I did not measure, seat height seems to be about the same as a stock seat at it's lowest position. Dimensions can be found on the Corbeau site.

Naturally all this stuff is pick up as shipping would be ridiculous. I realize none of this stuff appeals to 99.99%, but did not want to throw anything out without offering.

OOPS, forgot about this.

5) aftermarket no brand head unit: Worked (kinda) when in car. This was again the fine previous owner that used the logic..."hmm, these original tires are 12 years old and have 100,000 miles on them. I know, I'll butcher up the wiring harness and put this cheap radio in"... I digress. It has a digital tuner built in and access for back up camera, heck maybe it picks up the Russians discussing the next election.... I don't know, I just wanted it out of the car.

No longer available

Last edited by gzfqy6; 08-25-2019 at 07:36 PM. Reason: no longer available
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
OOPS, forgot about this.

5) aftermarket no brand head unit: Worked (kinda) when in car. This was again the fine previous owner that used the logic..."hmm, these original tires are 12 years old and have 100,000 miles on them. I know, I'll butcher up the wiring harness and put this cheap radio in"... I digress. It has a digital tuner built in and access for back up camera, heck maybe it picks up the Russians discussing the next election.... I don't know, I just wanted it out of the car.
Willing to ship the head unit?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Sure that should pack easily....as long as you pay shipping. Just pm me and we'll make arrangements.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:43 PM

Garage
What Color is the tops Lining? I would not mind adding a lining to my 2006.

Certified Pontaholic & Former Jet Mech

1969 Firebird Sprint 301 OHC-6, T-5
1971 Catalina Freeway Enforcer 455
1973 Lemans Safari 400 4-speed
1977 Astre Formula 215 V-8 T-5
1978 Sunbird Safari 231 V-6 2004R
1978 Catalina Safari Soon to have a Pontiac 400 4bb
2006 Mallet Solstice LS2 6-speed Manual
2009 G8 GT
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammerjeff View Post
The liner is integral to the top. You really can't remove or add one without completely disassembling it.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
You are more than welcome to pick it up and see if that is feasible..... however I was hoping someone could use it as it is a functional top, but as long as someone gets something out of it I will feel better than just throwing it out.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Headliner is black and is in nice shape....dusty, but no stains or tears. Kinda hard to open it up in it's free state so pic isn't all that great. As johnwr noted this would be quite a task and you may not want to tear your original top apart if it is in good condition, but you are more than welcome to give it a shot. I can pass on gm's service procedure if you want to see what you would be getting into.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	headliner.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	98915  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Sure that should pack easily....as long as you pay shipping. Just pm me and we'll make arrangements.
Hey, I sent you the money. I am so sorry that it was delayed, I feel horrible about it.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorget View Post
Hey, I sent you the money. I am so sorry that it was delayed, I feel horrible about it.
No worries. I don't think it has even made it to you yet. Thanks again...and hope you can do something with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode