Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Want to buy: Automatic shifter boot with red stitching

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  RedOne07 
#1 ·
Hi all,

i am looking for an automatic shifter boot with red stitching.

#4 · (Edited)
#6 · (Edited)
Waited for Years, but the new ones did not get any cheaper and the used ones where all scratched up.

So finally decided to put it on my Birth Day (Gemini) Wish List.

Part numbers for #10 are:
20772038 = ORANGE stitching, automatic
20756030 = RED stitching, automatic
20756032 = EBONY stitching, automatic

#7 ·
Ordered the parts with https://www.tascaparts.com yesterday. They had the lowest price for the item and the lowest price for shipping.

Today they wrote . . . . Thank you for shopping with us! One or more items from your recent order (Order 1157334) has required special ordering, but should be ready to ship to you soon. Your complete order will be shipped as soon as the special ordered items arrive at our warehouse (in about three to five business days). . . . .

So lets hope it is not out of stock

#11 ·
Hi Red,

I think the clip appears to be #6 in the attached illustration from the repair manual.

Attachments

#12 ·
4 1/2 years later ........... ...............

New auto shifter is installed, looks great, but . . . . . .

I thought the round plate that includes the letters and numbers for the gearbox setting was not shiny because of the protective plastic.

Well, after peeling the protective plastic it turns out it is not chrome (like the stock one) at all, but greenish grey like other parts of the dash and the top of the shifter knob.

It still looks very good and way better than the old one, no peeling paint and red stitching, but I wonder if an auto shifter with chrome round plate and red stitching does even exist .?

Did anyone ever see one in a car or on-line ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.