WTB:Front-end cover/bra - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

WTB:Front-end cover/bra

Does anyone have a front-end cover/ bra for sale or knows where I can purchase one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 03:15 PM

XPEL clear-bra makes a pattern for our cars.

The trick, of course, is to find an installer...

Sir William's Fleet
Mean 2007 NA 2007 Solstice ordered on 8/24/06 - Picked up on 12/12/06 - Totaled on 6/12/10
Mean 2008 GXP Acquired 6/21/10 with 1275 miles on it - Summer Solstice !
Deep 2009 NA Coupe Acquired 11/2/13 with 1040 miles on it
Mean 2009 GXP Coupe Acquired 8/27/16 with 9100 miles on it
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Thank you! I am looking for one that you can put on/take off at any time. I have had them with other cars I have owned and they are usually made of a heavy vinyl material with a soft backing.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 03:45 PM

Garage
They pop-up on ebay once in awhile... pretty sure none were made for the GXP.

2008 GXP Aggressive Red - SOL LVR - Trifecta custom switchable tune - DDM CAI/charge tubes/silicone hoses - Werks IC - Solo Hi-flow Cat/Mach Shorty exhaust - DDM Probeam/Backbone/Venom brace - Sprint Booster - Short throw shifter - Full LED conversion w/pulsating third brake light and sequential turn signals - SaddlX & GearTripR center console - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 04:25 PM

Garage
There's a non-OE brand that sells front bra's. Most automotive parts suppliers can sell it as well as eBay of course.

If you browse the forums about a bra you'll read that the non-OE doesn't fit nearly as well as the OEM GM version.

GM made 2 bras - both were designed for a NA car, not a GXP. One bra that GM made had a hole in the center to accommodate a license plate, the other version did not have this hole.

GM bra's have a Pontiac emblem on them, non-OE do not.

Just like other bras you'll need to drill and screw in snaps.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:44 PM

Garage
I purchased an OEM bra from a forum member last Spring. It was unopened new-in-box and came with all the hardware.

There was no drilling for the install, just remove a few screws and replace them with screws that have snap-on heads for the bra.

The Solstice looks great with the bra, but I found that it does cause the car to run about 5 degrees hotter on the highway, and 10+ degrees hotter in stop-and-go traffic.

I had planned to use it on long distance road trips, but don't because of the temperature rise.

I'll put it back on this winter and try it again.

An option would be to trim the netting from in front of the grilles, but I believe that would ruin the look and destroy the integrity of the bra - allowing it to stretch and warp out of shape.

I ran it today on a 2.5 hour interstate road trip at 80 mph. Temp ran average 194. On the same trip with the bra it would run 198-200.

Ambient temps in South Alabama have been 100 degrees (Heat Index 105-115) for the past week or so. Today was no exception.

(Sadly, it's been too hot to run with the top down on casual cruise days!)

Just An Ordinary Average Guy

With A Super Cool Car!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the feedback and I have looked on eBay and no one is currently selling one that fits a N/A.
If anyone has information on a specific brand that offers them, I would appreciate it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbarton View Post
Thank you for the feedback and I have looked on eBay and no one is currently selling one that fits a N/A.
If anyone has information on a specific brand that offers them, I would appreciate it.
Have you found one for a GXP? I believe the only difference is that the GXP version will have openings for brake cooling ducts that are blanked on the NA.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode