Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

WTB: Power Steering Reservoir Cap **URGENT**

9K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  E.G.P. 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

My power steering fluid reservoir cap broke when I tried removing it, and I cannot seem to find the cap available online, at the dealer, or a local junk yard!

If someone has one for sale or knows where I can purchase one, please contact me. I would greatly appreciate it!

Have a nice day,
Derreck

#6 ·
Looks like you now have to buy the reservoir to get the cap. Hard to believe thought that there isn't a different part number that will work.

#9 · (Edited)
Holy crap! Looked for a while and I was getting nervous, how did you break it in the first place? Amazon has the cap and if you read the reviews there are a few people there that say it fits the Solstice and Sky just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-Cap-Part-15271573/dp/B00TA7N9PW

EDIT:
Looks as though the new parts number is 15271573. Why the search for the old number doesn't point to this part is beyond me...

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-reservoir-cap-15271573

EDIT 2:
And the dealer couldn't find it, sad...
This thread might be useful to someone else in the future.

#12 ·
Damn...
I knew that, will look some more.

#13 ·
Okay I give up, we're all screwed.
Any chance you get a cap from another car? Maybe it's just the length of the dipstick.

#14 ·
I need one too!!

#22 ·
Hello everyone!
On our car, one fastener on the power steering reservoir cap also broke. The design of the cap is very strange. I can't find anything like that ... Has anyone found and bought this new part?

#23 ·
On post #2 on this thread the GM Part number was posted, it is still a good part number and available from dealers for around $10.00 plus shipping.

Do you have an Opal Dealer near you? It should be available there as it was used on the GT's also.

#26 ·
I have ordered from them several times for delivery in to USA with no issues. Good Luck

Reactions: E.G.P.
#29 ·
The cap breaks from old age and from inept handling.
It needs to be carefully rotated 90 degrees and removed upward.
People start twisting them and breaking the clips.
I took the old cap - one retainer was almost broken in it and ... I just glued it on.
Maybe not very beautiful outwardly - but everything is holding up well.

Attachments

#30 ·
Of course, if the broken retainer is lost, this trick will not work.
But - there is a way out with a replacement!
The reservoir of the power steering on our cars is exactly the same with the reservoir on the Cadillac SRX 2010-2011.
I bought a new one for $20 (here's the part number 20900120).
Or buy just a cap from it - they are available.
Purchase in the photo)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.