WTB: Stock 2.4 muffler - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sting Ya

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

WTB: Stock 2.4 muffler

Hey all,

Just bought an 06 and it currently has an aftermarket muffler on it. i would like to return it to stock. If anyone has a stock muffler that you're willing to sell and ship please let me know.
shipping to 33445. thanks!

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 06:40 PM

The problem that you are going to run into is that the Solstice exhaust is one piece so shipping is not cheap so you need to find someone who would be willing to cut one up or try to locate one in your area .Many members including myself have upgraded their systems and have these laying around what I would do is let members know where you live and you might get lucky and find someone local .Hoosier GXP is always picking up wrecked cars to rebuild or part out you might want to send him a PM and see what he has in stock .
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 06:42 PM

Garage
I have a Solo Performance Axle Back stainless steel muffler, single exhaust with very low miles on it. Looks just like stock. If interested, let's make a deal as I would like it to be gone from my storage barn! Located in SW Ohio.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Ya View Post
The problem that you are going to run into is that the Solstice exhaust is one piece so shipping is not cheap so you need to find someone who would be willing to cut one up or try to locate one in your area .Many members including myself have upgraded their systems and have these laying around what I would do is let members know where you live and you might get lucky and find someone local .Hoosier GXP is always picking up wrecked cars to rebuild or part out you might want to send him a PM and see what he has in stock .
Thanks. Im in Boca Raton Fl. (SE FL)

Looks like i have 2 options. Maybe you can inform me what would be better(unless i find a local one) -

1)get the whole thing shipped. I would consider coughing it up if it's 1 or 200 dollars. But it's a pain for the seller, so... not cool.

2) if you look at the pics, there is a clamp where the stock pipe was cut. Maybe someone would be willing to chop off the muffler (leaving me a couple feet of pipe) and I'll have a muffler shop put a coupling on? If that's how it works.. if it can even get lined up.. Hopefully the stock pipe wasn't bent to fit the new one. Wishful thinking maybe?

I attached a few pics. Sorry the lighting is poor- im heading out of town early tomorrow morning and this is my last chance to snap a pic. Hopefully its better than nothing and a guru can tell if the piping was left alone or has been bent.

Thanks for your help!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs314 View Post
I have a Solo Performance Axle Back stainless steel muffler, single exhaust with very low miles on it. Looks just like stock. If interested, let's make a deal as I would like it to be gone from my storage barn! Located in SW Ohio.
Thanks but I'd like to have the car stock. Unless it is as quite as stock?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 09:15 PM
EDT

I have a stock muffler in good condition that I recently cut off to go to an aftermarket setup. I cut it just before the little bend in the stock piping, so it should be very easy to match up to what you have. If you want, you can send me a PM and I'll get you a picture.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 10:31 PM

The problem you will have is that to send a complete system you would have to ship it freight which would be cost prohibitive and most times they will only deliver to a business address .Looks like you may have gotten lucky with EDT's post I would go that route if his price is reasonable ,then take it to a good muffler shop and have it installed or do it yourself . Can't tell the brand of the one currently on the car but if it's a performance type Magnaflow ,Solo etc. you should be able to recoup some of the cost by reselling it .Good Luck ! Got a better look at it and I believe it's a Magnaflow and it looks like you have that system .The pipe was not cut at the clamp that's how their system is put together .I'll run out to the barn in the morning and double check mine if that's the case just measure from the end of the muffler to the clamp and go about 8" past to give you a little breathing room . Every spring when I get the car ready for cruising season I go over all my exhaust clamps and make sure they are tight that's why you have that funky stuff going on at the fitting also it's a good idea to replace the rubber biscuits while your doing this they don't cost much . I've got one of their setups on my car and have been very pleased with it .

Last edited by Sting Ya; 01-24-2017 at 10:55 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDT View Post
I have a stock muffler in good condition that I recently cut off to go to an aftermarket setup. I cut it just before the little bend in the stock piping, so it should be very easy to match up to what you have. If you want, you can send me a PM and I'll get you a picture.
Sounds just what i need. You have a PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Ya View Post
The problem you will have is that to send a complete system you would have to ship it freight which would be cost prohibitive and most times they will only deliver to a business address .Looks like you may have gotten lucky with EDT's post I would go that route if his price is reasonable ,then take it to a good muffler shop and have it installed or do it yourself . Can't tell the brand of the one currently on the car but if it's a performance type Magnaflow ,Solo etc. you should be able to recoup some of the cost by reselling it .Good Luck ! Got a better look at it and I believe it's a Magnaflow and it looks like you have that system .The pipe was not cut at the clamp that's how their system is put together .I'll run out to the barn in the morning and double check mine if that's the case just measure from the end of the muffler to the clamp and go about 8" past to give you a little breathing room . Every spring when I get the car ready for cruising season I go over all my exhaust clamps and make sure they are tight that's why you have that funky stuff going on at the fitting also it's a good idea to replace the rubber biscuits while your doing this they don't cost much . I've got one of their setups on my car and have been very pleased with it .
Yeah sounds like shipping the whole thing is out of the question. The muffler on my car is a magnaflow. I'll post it up for sale here once i get it off.

Thanks again for your help.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 09:29 AM

Just to add the Magnaflow is the same dimensions as the stock one so it should all line up with no issues .
plkff likes this.

Last edited by Sting Ya; 01-26-2017 at 09:31 AM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 02:40 PM

I've got the original ~low/no mile exhaust from an 06. I'd be willing to cut it leaving whatever length you wanted to marry it to your existing pipe. PM me and we can work something out.

Matt

Matt Downing
downingracing.com
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plkff View Post
Hey all,

Just bought an 06 and it currently has an aftermarket muffler on it. i would like to return it to stock. If anyone has a stock muffler that you're willing to sell and ship please let me know.
shipping to 33445. thanks!

Paul
hi i live in niagara falls canada i have a oem exhaust from 2007 solstice with about 20000 km on it its like new willing to sell contact me through email [email protected] thank u jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode