National Meet Discussions: - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 10:30 AM

Garage
Not wasting anymore time on this.

Two complete responses, but see no point in my response

Wish you guys luck with your regional events.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:17 PM

Seems to me it's all about the numbers, like DaveOC stated, 100,000 produced.
So.......google Fiero events. Fiero total production was a little over 136,000.
The search finds "NO" events billed as National.
Even their 35th Anniversary event in Illinois does not include a "National" badge.
There are active clubs scattered across the country, but the bulk seems to be midwest.
It appears that they still have enough events to have many decent gatherings to keep the loyalists happy.
Let nature take it's course, If there is an event within your comfortable range, support it!

Field of Dreams..........Build it and they will come!!!

Was a Pair-a-Sols!

06 Pure, 111230, delivered 2-14-06 Still going strong.
07 Pure, 113071, delivered 3-30-11 deceased 9-6-12
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
Not wasting anymore time on this.

Two complete responses, but see no point in my response

Wish you guys luck with your regional events.
So, why waste time responding to something by saying that you aren't going to waste time responding to it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoking View Post
Seems to me it's all about the numbers, like DaveOC stated, 100,000 produced.
So.......google Fiero events. Fiero total production was a little over 136,000.
The search finds "NO" events billed as National.
Even their 35th Anniversary event in Illinois does not include a "National" badge.
There are active clubs scattered across the country, but the bulk seems to be midwest.
It appears that they still have enough events to have many decent gatherings to keep the loyalists happy.
Let nature take it's course, If there is an event within your comfortable range, support it!

Field of Dreams..........Build it and they will come!!!
Actually, if you google Kappa events you will also find "NO" events with a "National" badge.

North
American
Solstice
Sky
Annual
Meet

Nothing national about it.

Kappa density follows population density to a large degree, so with the population center in Indiana it should be pretty obvious where the meets are going to get the largest attendance.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
So, why waste time responding to something by saying that you aren't going to waste time responding to it?
I have to admit, I found that a little odd myself!

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:21 PM

If we assume for a moment that 2019, 2020 and 2021 are spoken for and accepted...2022 is open. I've seen or heard two serious proposals, those being West Virginia and Northern California (I'm not sure Lebanon, KS and Indianapolis, IN were serious...just proposed geographic and population centers).

Having said that, there are those who have been anywhere from uncomfortable to critical of the way recent years were announced, for 2022 what comes next given the two...four suggestions?

Last edited by mysolst; 05-14-2019 at 08:22 AM.
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
This is a good spot for discussions.

So far:
2020 has been announced for Rapid City, South Dakota.
2021 has been announced for Bellaire, Michigan.
2022 - I have seen something about Beckley, West Virginia.

The current state of affairs: If you or a group has a spot to have a big get together (more than 100 cars or so) and you can finance the up front costs, you can host the national. After all, who is going to tell you you cannot. We have no national governing body, just a bunch of rag tag enthusiasts.

Let her rip.

Discussions are open.

1st 1K - #741

Last edited by DaveOC; 06-14-2019 at 08:01 PM.
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:49 PM

Garage
Looks like it's time for a West Coast location... maybe for 2022 or 2023 what about Reno? Centered north/south, I80 access east/west, plenty of hotel rooms and great drive opportunities (Lake Tahoe). Does one club have to run it or could it be a group effort between West Coast, Pacific Northwest, Seattle, So. Cal, Vegas, Phoenix and Denver clubs?

2008 GXP Aggressive Red - SOL LVR - Trifecta custom switchable tune - DDM CAI/charge tubes/silicone hoses - Werks IC - Solo Hi-flow Cat/Mach Shorty exhaust - DDM Probeam/Backbone/Venom brace - Sprint Booster - Short throw shifter - Full LED conversion w/pulsating third brake light and sequential turn signals - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 08:25 PM

Garage
No rules! Multiple clubs can run it if you can all work together! I would go to Reno/Tahoe!
Greatgab likes this.

Chris

"Sunny" - '08 Brazen Orange 2.4 Auto... 7660 feet up in the mountains
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgab View Post
Looks like it's time for a West Coast location... maybe for 2022 or 2023 what about Reno? Centered north/south, I80 access east/west, plenty of hotel rooms and great drive opportunities (Lake Tahoe). Does one club have to run it or could it be a group effort between West Coast, Pacific Northwest, Seattle, So. Cal, Vegas, Phoenix and Denver clubs?
We've started kicking this one around for Reno which could be a real kick given Virginia City, Lake Tahoe and so on. I'm hoping to be down to SoCal for the San Diego run in the fall to kick around the idea...likely for 2023. I'm going to need some recovery time from 2020! I'm guessing we're all heading to WV for 2022.
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 09:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysolst View Post
We've started kicking this one around for Reno which could be a real kick given Virginia City, Lake Tahoe and so on. I'm hoping to be down to SoCal for the San Diego run in the fall to kick around the idea...likely for 2023. I'm going to need some recovery time from 2020! I'm guessing we're all heading to WV for 2022.
I'll put some feelers out with the California clubs... Denver and Phoenix should be involved.

2008 GXP Aggressive Red - SOL LVR - Trifecta custom switchable tune - DDM CAI/charge tubes/silicone hoses - Werks IC - Solo Hi-flow Cat/Mach Shorty exhaust - DDM Probeam/Backbone/Venom brace - Sprint Booster - Short throw shifter - Full LED conversion w/pulsating third brake light and sequential turn signals - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 02:04 AM

Location: Cleveland Heights OH in summer, Tucson AZ in Winter
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgab View Post
Reno/Sparks would be great and I will do what I can on behalf of Tucson. But let's think '23. WV is ready, has a strong club (MI) behind it, and has been test run as a regional event.

SteveBot39
Winter Solstice, Tucson AZ - '09 NA Automatic Cool Silver Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow cat and exhaust, ESTuned; GXP sway bars, DDM chassis kit; Stoptech brakes; Michelin PSS tires; Pioneer radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL N AZ

Summer Solstice, Cleveland Heights OH - '09 NA Auto Mysterious Black Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow, DDM chassis kit, Hawk brake pads, Conti EC Sport tires on Black ASA wheels, Advent radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL 4 OH
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:34 AM

WickedMike created this neat map of all of the National Event locations:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nassam_map.png
Views:	90
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	97479   Click image for larger version

Name:	nassam_cities.png
Views:	81
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	97481  
ChopTop, easyryderca and Greatgab like this.

Sir William's Fleet
Mean 2007 NA 2007 Solstice ordered on 8/24/06 - Picked up on 12/12/06 - Totaled on 6/12/10
Mean 2008 GXP Acquired 6/21/10 with 1275 miles on it - Summer Solstice !
Deep 2009 NA Coupe Acquired 11/2/13 with 1040 miles on it
Mean 2009 GXP Coupe Acquired 8/27/16 with 9100 miles on it
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
By convention, 2022 should be somewhere west. Is anyone out there interested? Now is the time to start talking about it.
I am currently mulling over a 2022 out west, way west. Will advise shortly.

Sooner Magic - 2007 Sky Redline, red / black
GMPP tune; Westers tune; RPI intercooler, high flow cat downpipe, GT-S exhaust; DDM ProBeam and Backbone
"OU Sooner Magic" windrestrictor; Opel antenna

Facebook

Last edited by Sooner; 06-18-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Typo
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
Let me suggest something. I know we have moderators on the forum.... I think our community is big enough and old enough now to maybe have volunteers and a board (if we don't already have a board). I know RTE is a lead member on the forum. Have the board members "geographically" located. Say 1 from each state and then of those, have 5 or so that are "regional" and that discuss what the state leaders bring to them. And this "board" would make decisions together. There are computer programs like "gotomeeting" where the 10 members can discuss plans and items. Maybe even get the vendors involved in this that are still around...like DDM and PAW and Windrestrictor. Maybe this all goes on already. I know that my manager at the body shop was the Porsche club President for MI, and he had monthly meetings with MI, IL, IN, OH, and WI. And bi-yearly meetings with all of the states to discuss meets and activities.
We used to have a governing body - NASSOA - but it fell apart long ago. And effort to revive it around 2012 also died. So we basically have gone with, who is willing to step up and do the work.
MomsSol likes this.

GMPP tune; Westers tune; RPI intercooler, high flow cat downpipe, GT-S exhaust; DDM ProBeam and Backbone

Facebook
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:15 PM

Based on in person discussions at NASSAM last week, assume WV is at best a backup plan for 2022.

Reno / Tahoe has logistical and traffic issues with runs (like two lane roads in Tahoe at rush hour), but there are other better options out there...

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode