National Meet Discussions: - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I am currently mulling over a 2020 out west, way west. Will advise shortly.
You meant 2022, didn't you? Isn't 2020 (next year) South Dakota? Or did I miss something?

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 08:42 PM

I'm all in for WV!
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
You meant 2022, didn't you? Isn't 2020 (next year) South Dakota? Or did I miss something?
Yep, I made a typo. Fixed it. Thanks John

Sooner Magic - 2007 Sky Redline, red / black
GMPP tune; Westers tune; RPI intercooler, high flow cat downpipe, GT-S exhaust; DDM ProBeam and Backbone
"OU Sooner Magic" windrestrictor; Opel antenna

Facebook
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 01:26 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to LiquidPT Send a message via MSN to LiquidPT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwm View Post
WickedMike created this neat map of all of the National Event locations:

Looks a lot like the map I created and posted on FB...

LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 07:27 AM

I think your correct liquid! Sirwm stated I did this but I didn’t. You get the credit for publishing this. Nice job!

07 Aggressive NA, 11-06 SOLD 9-17-08
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,dibit & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,GMPP CAI&tune, DDM susp set,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, DDM susp set,SOLO center Exh, Norm Valance
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedMike View Post
I think your correct liquid! Sirwm stated I did this but I didnít. You get the credit for publishing this. Nice job!
WM, has the Michigan Kappa Group ever discussed holding a regional type show? It seems like there are enough MI members to make it happen. I could see a Michigan Regionals draw participants from Ontario, Ohio, Indiana & Illinois.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:49 PM

Dan: I guess we will find out with how the nassam 2021 in MI goes. We could also sponsor something in WV because 30 of us did it last year and have all the cruises and focal points sellected. MKC has short day cruises about every other weekend all summer. This year the weather hasn’t been nice to us, so far. Come join us sometime! Drive those cars!
easyryderca likes this.

07 Aggressive NA, 11-06 SOLD 9-17-08
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,dibit & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,GMPP CAI&tune, DDM susp set,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, DDM susp set,SOLO center Exh, Norm Valance
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:08 PM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
We are planning on bringing several club cars to Michigan. 6 to 10 is my current guess
WickedMike and easyryderca like this.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 05:38 AM

I attended NASSAM for the first time this year. It was loads of fun. I also saw how the organizers were really doing a lot to make the event a great thing. I would like to volunteer for the upcoming years. I am not sure I can make it to Rapid City due to distance and work, but I would be very eager to help behind the scenes if needed.
druid-2 likes this.

2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Midnight Blue
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Dan: I guess we will find out with how the nassam 2021 in MI goes. We could also sponsor something in WV because 30 of us did it last year and have all the cruises and focal points sellected. MKC has short day cruises about every other weekend all summer. This year the weather hasn’t been nice to us, so far. Come join us sometime! Drive those cars!
Quote:
Captain Obvious here, the reason I suggested MKC is to keep it local along w/offering different experiences other than going on long cruises. For example visiting the Henry Ford Museum Complex, Belle Island (great place for a car show), Green Field Village, & Renaissance Centre. Throw in an autocross and swap meet and cars for sale area, etc at a host hotel.

BTW, I'm not suggesting a week long event, more like three days. Also not suggesting a regional event anytime soon, just something to discuss and think about to keep it local in in the future. Because I do believe holding a regional in the same place every year would encourage more and more people to attend an event that they know is going to be in the same place every year.

BTW, our great city planning department pulverized our asphalt road last Saturday, and then left. We haven't seen hide or hare of one road crew person all week. Add all the rain we've received and we have ruts, mud puddles and now road dust stirred up by people ignoring the road closed signs. Point being, cars haven't been moved for about two weeks now, but my insurance company is happy to keep reaching their payments.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
WM, has the Michigan Kappa Group ever discussed holding a regional type show? It seems like there are enough MI members to make it happen. I could see a Michigan Regionals draw participants from Ontario, Ohio, Indiana & Illinois.
Rather than suggesting that someone else do this, why not work on it yourself?

John
Lexington, KY
post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Rather than suggesting that someone else do this, why not work on it yourself?
John because the title of this thread is National Meet Discussion. I was discussing alternative ideas. BTW, have I done something to offend you? Because it seems like you take an adversary position to some of my postings. Feel free to block me if my postings irritate you.

post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
John because the title of this thread is National Meet Discussion. I was discussing alternative ideas. BTW, have I done something to offend you? Because it seems like you take an adversary position to some of my postings. Feel free to block me if my postings irritate you.
Well, yeah, I got the idea that you were discussing different ideas, and think that as long as they don't conflict directly with the NASSAM, more and larger meets are a great thing. My comment was based solely on the fact that your post made it appear that you, like many others, seem to be in favor of meets but want someone else to do the heavy lifting. My intention was to suggest that planning something would be better than asking if someone else was going to.

As far as taking adversary positions to posts, isn't that the basis of a true discussion? An idea or opinion is posted and others either agree or disagree with it. I can disagree with something without being irritated or offended by it, but I will see if I can make my comments less offensive and/or irritating.

John
Lexington, KY
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Well, yeah, I got the idea that you were discussing different ideas, and think that as long as they don't conflict directly with the NASSAM, more and larger meets are a great thing. My comment was based solely on the fact that your post made it appear that you, like many others, seem to be in favor of meets but want someone else to do the heavy lifting. My intention was to suggest that planning something would be better than asking if someone else was going to.

As far as taking adversary positions to posts, isn't that the basis of a true discussion? An idea or opinion is posted and others either agree or disagree with it. I can disagree with something without being irritated or offended by it, but I will see if I can make my comments less offensive and/or irritating.
Choptops done as much or more for this forum than anyone and has never been rude. Please learn respect when speaking to others. He was asking a question and making observation to wickedmike, and you responded by implying that he doesnít do enough. You picked the wrong outlet to express your frustration with armchair quarterbacks and then you tried to justify it with your last paragraph, which has nothing to do with this situation.
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:

Before one can start planning anything, a discussion has to take place to figure out if there any interest in the first place. Regardless, I'm not going to get drawn into an discussion, debate or argument about the who, what, or the why of my questions. Life is too short, and I'm old enough to know that people rarely change their minds about anything. As I said, if you find my postings irritating please feel free to block me.

Now can we please just move on and get back to the discussion about Nationals.
rob the elder likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode