OK, what about 2017 Nationals? - Page 4 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
These are pictures taken on cruises to Moab. Most from the driver's seat. Beatiful views.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cars big rock.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	429.3 KB
ID:	49962   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1168.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	635.0 KB
ID:	49970   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1284.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	318.7 KB
ID:	49978   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1249.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	497.8 KB
ID:	49986   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1274.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	463.0 KB
ID:	49994  

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

A few more pics including a couple of the road to and stopped at Gateway resort and car museum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sky side by river with rocks in background.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	50002   Click image for larger version

Name:	rest stop cars.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	50010   Click image for larger version

Name:	castle valley.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	50018   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7238.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	50026   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7237.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	50034  

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy

Punisher's story
Punisher thread index

post #48 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Administrator

I've heard rumors......however, I shall not disclose

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #49 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 07:15 PM

Location: Murrells Inlet, SC "A quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem"
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzzp0c View Post
What is The exact GPS Geographic point of North America. That should be The place
Just a thought, but wouldn't if be more meaningful to plot the geographic center of Solstice owners?

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.
post #50 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 07:37 PM

Just a thought but has any one considered Pontiac Michigan ? Yea I know the area has seen better days but I do the Dream Cruise and there is always a ton of stuff for a person to see and do plus if it's timed around the cruise it would make for a hell of a week .Another plus is once you get out of the city area there are some great country roads and for me you could not ask for a greater group of people they have always made me feel welcome .
post #51 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 08:09 PM

Hold that thought . . . . . . . please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Ya View Post
Just a thought but has anyone considered Pontiac, Michigan ?
Ummmm, wouldn't leave the car outdoors overnight at any hotel in Pontiac.
post #52 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 01:29 AM

Garage
Moad is an area I visit regularly. Not my favorite place due to the weather. Very hot in July. April very nice. Some beautiful stuff in Utah, I like the Southwestern area better.
post #53 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

It's pretty nice in June. What southwestern area?

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy

Punisher's story
Punisher thread index

post #54 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 09:02 AM

Garage
We camp and ride mountain bikes at Navajo Lake, between, Bryce and Zion. Do trails at Brian Head, and the Virgin River Rim Trail. Beautiful country, but close at 10K, it makes it much nicer than Moab anytime during the summer. Nearest town is Cedar City, 25 miles west on Highway 14 if I remember correctly.
post #55 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaKadet View Post

Ummmm, wouldn't leave the car outdoors overnight at any hotel in Pontiac.
Stayed this year at the Marriot in Pontiac / Bloomfield and had absolutely no worries about the car apparently so did the owners of all the muscle ,collector,sports, and classic cars that filled the parking lot .I've been attending the cruise since 2010 and have stayed in a number of hotels in the area without any worries or problems .As with any larger older industrial city I agree they may not be the safest places but I'm talking about the surrounding areas ,just like the Dream Cruise is associated with Detroit it actually takes place in the surrounding suburbs . My guess is the estimated 40,000 car owners and 1 million people that attended this years event also felt the same way I did .
post #56 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 09:23 AM

Maybe 2017 is a year to plan a west coast national and an east coast national...then in 2018 do one towards the center, etc. It seems to me that the events draw pretty consistently---just plan and let folks choose. I suspect any and all will be successful because those who plan have always done great work. You are correct that the secret is getting people involved with the planning.
post #57 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 07:49 PM

I attend the national events to enjoy the cars and go on the fabulous cruises. Pontiac MI may be a nice name but the city is not the kind of area I would ever like to plan a national. With national meets normally falling around the summer solstice there isn't a lot going on around Detroit area. Yes we have some fair country roads but nothing like the quality roads I've driven in the seven nationals I've attended. We tend to travel five miles to find a nice curve. Around Detroit suburbs there is way to much traffic and most areas north of Detroit is farmland and blocked in 1 mile squares. We find a few fair roads by following some River roads. When I think of 100 or more kappas venturing onto our normal cruises it doesn't seem possible. The upper part of the lower peninsula has the best roads and scenery but June is tourist season up there and difficult to get one room let alone hundreds. I agree with the many others that central locations for the Nationals seems to work out the best. I'm excited about the Ozarks. All this has been just my opinion.

07 Aggressive NA, 11-06 SOLD 9-17-08
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,dibit & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,GMPP CAI&tune, DDM susp set,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, DDM susp set,SOLO center Exh, Norm Valance
post #58 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 07:47 AM

Mike you bring up some good points especially from someone in the area .I've always enjoyed Michigan even before I started attending the cruise to me there is a lot to do especially for someone interested in cars and once you get out of the city the countryside is beautiful .I like Wicked Lady's comment about having an event on one coast then the other the following year .
post #59 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 05:37 PM

It isn't for us to decide location of the Nationals, east or west, but to be determined by a group willing to do all the work involved with organizing such events. Obviously we enjoy areas with great roads to take our beloved Kappas onto. Hopefully we continue having those willing to continue our yearly national events.

07 Aggressive NA, 11-06 SOLD 9-17-08
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,dibit & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,GMPP CAI&tune, DDM susp set,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, DDM susp set,SOLO center Exh, Norm Valance
post #60 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 07:11 PM

There has and will be again soon more discussion about where a western Nationals should be held.
I thought there was mention awhile ago about someone trying to do Michigan or somewhere further back east as the 2017 location. Then having it back out west in 2018.
I have made the suggestion to our local PNWR members that someone around Moab should pick it up. I'm all for Rob's suggestion that Moab be the location. There are great roads and majestic scenery to make for great photo-ops. June would be a great time as the weather shouldn't be oppressive yet that early in the season. But are the Rocky Mtn club able and willing the tackle such a large task from their distance from the area. Maybe some of us from the PNWR or Phoenix groups could help in anyway we could.
First things first where is 2017 going to be held? Then Moab 2018 to give everyone out west a chance to coordinate such a meet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode