Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

REGISTRATION - NASSAM 2016 - Kappas in the Ozarks

15K views 98 replies 20 participants last post by  rob the elder 
#1 ·
North American Solstice & Sky Annual Meet 2016 - Kappas in the Ozarks – June 20-24, 2016

REGISTER HERE - NASSAM 2016 - June 20-24 2016

Sooner, Roofer, Twitchy and the rest of the organizing committee (JRDallas, SHiNY, Dashark, and Jackie) are excited to present the North American Solstice & Sky Annual Meet 2016 – Kappas in the Ozarks. This will be the first Meet held in the center of America since the inaugural one in Kansas City in 2006! The event will begin Monday, June 20, 2016 and will conclude with a banquet of regional cuisine on Friday, June 24, 2016. The mid-week schedule will give attendees two days to travel to and from the event and also allow us to avoid weekend traffic.

The Ozark Mountains of northwest Arkansas and southern Missouri are home to expansive forests, tranquil lakes, and wonderfully picturesque and twisted roads. The Meet will feature the usual combination of both scenic and spirited runs, a car show, vendors, and group social events, as well as a surprise or two. In addition, the area offers numerous other nearby attractions to fill out your vacation such as Branson, Silver Dollar City theme park, water sports on Beaver and Table Rock Lakes, the Crystal Bridges Museum of Art, the Victorian town of Eureka Springs, Pea Ridge Civil War battlefield, Wiederkehr Village Winery, and the Crater of Diamonds State Park (the only place in North America where you can mine for, and keep, diamonds).

The Holiday Inn & Convention Center – Northwest Arkansas, 1500 South 48th Street, Springdale, Arkansas 72762 will serve as the host facility. The room rate is $119 per night and includes two breakfasts each day. The hotel is conveniently located at the intersection of I-49 and US-412 near the middle of the thriving Springdale / Fayetteville / Rogers / Bentonville metropolitan area and offers easy access to a wide variety of restaurants, entertainment, shopping, and other amenities. The hotel sits about halfway between I-44 to the north and I-40 to the south. The area is also served by Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport.

During every planning step to-date, the organizers have come across someone with a child with autism. Therefore, our designated charity is the Arkansas Autism Resource and Outreach Center.

Many thanks to all of those who have gone before us for their input and assistance!

[This event is in no way affiliated with the North American Society of Sports Management].

Video shown during at the 2015 closing dinner - https://youtu.be/RmbPaCXYveo

[If an Admin could "sticky" this post, it would be appreciated!]

See less See more
#4 ·
We're in! We're in! (First message too short).

#5 ·
Question
We are bringing two cars to the car show, one in each class. Did not seem to be able to register both cars. Is this lack of training on my part or?

#7 ·
We're in too !
(I'm still not showing as paid, but presuming you just haven't seen the paypal yet...).

2 minor glitches to perhaps be looked into ?
1. Although the billing was correct to paypal, when I check my registration info on the website it shows $10.00 less. Doesn't seem to have picked up the charity lottery for the free room.
2. Was able to order the extra shirts, but nowhere to enter the sizes for our included shirts.

The website is otherwise looking great !

#8 ·
Registration is per person. However, if you plan on putting two cars in the car show, let me know and we can invoice you for the second car. (I knew there was something I had thought of and forgotten).

All t-shirts are optional.

We will check on the room raffle issue.

#10 ·
Registration is per person. However, if you plan on putting two cars in the car show, let me know and we can invoice you for the second car. (I knew there was something I had thought of and forgotten).

All t-shirts are optional.

We will check on the room raffle issue.
Hi Sooner,
Well...OK, but then you should update the registration information page:

The registration fee for NASSAM 2016 is $75.00 per person. With the exceptions noted in the registration process (car show participation, extra t-shirts, the room raffle, and other extra events which may be added later), this is an all-inclusive fee and includes the participation in the group runs (except for your meals and expenses), the Meet & Greet (except for drinks), the ice cream social, the closing dinner (except for alcohol), an Event t-shirt, and a registration packet (including the attendee’s name badge, an Event brochure, Event poker chip, information about local attractions, car show ballots, and other items). The registration fee has been tailored to solely cover the expenses for each attendee. For logistical reasons, ala carte registrations are not being offered.

And I will probably need a way to order another shirt.
Thanks,
Gary

#12 ·
I got the rate through chat on the hotel site.

I did opt in to the room raffle but my registration shows "Your payment of $196.30 is past due" and Room Raffle says "No." Paypal says I paid 206.30.

#14 ·
Yep, we missed making that change after we decided to make t-shirts optional. Thanks for pointing it out.

#15 ·
GrandpaSolstice - for some reason it's not showing people buying raffle tickets even though you are paid, we'll get it squared away. Also, the site will show you as paid as soon as I get a chance to get PayPal pulled up and verify all the payments. Looking forward to seeing you!

#16 ·
The fee / t-shirt statement is correct on the landing page. We'll get it fixed on the registration page.

#18 ·
I didn't order T-shirts when I signed up. I had to be certain on sizes. I didn't see any way to go back and add them. Can I order them separately, or get them at the event?
We thought of that this morning. We're fixing it so you can go back in and add t-shirts! Should be available early next week, maybe sooner.

#19 ·
If you are running into an issue during registration when you get to PayPal (some people are, most people aren't), try starting from nassam2016.com in it's own browser window. Alternatively, go to a computer. It's an issue with PayPal - nothing we can do about it.

#20 ·
It looks like very good response to the event. over 70 cars so far and many of the runs are filling up nicely as well.

The website is very well designed. Great job.

#21 ·
Pulled from the site this morning.

94 attendees registered
53 cars

I was informed that another RMSSC member has registered this morning. She does not show up in this list yet.

Attachments

#27 ·
103 People

~60 cars (58 official but two are bringing 2 cars each)

Attachments

#29 ·
Update -

I think I finally got back to everyone that was having registration or payment issues. Sorry for the delay. Work has been crazy busy for the last 5-6 days. My apologies for any inconvenience associated with resolving the problems, but we promise to get you all taken care of.

Now I am working on slotting in the volunteers for run captains and sweeps and will get to you on those in the next day or so.

Thanks for all of the compliments on what we are trying to do and, even moreso, for the many offers of assistance.

Kappa owners rock!

Chris / Sooner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.