Vin#1290 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Vin#1290

Anyone in the Tampa, FL area receive their solstice yet? According to the dealer my solstice has left the plant and is is bayed in Lordstown. I've seen higher VIN#'s than mine that were delivered already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 06:50 PM

3 of them were at the Port Richey dealer on turkey day. Hope you get yours soon!

I was...Sly/Polished/Ebony. # 9689
Ordered 9/19/05. Recieved five months. 2 days and 3 hours later.
Now I'm Pure GXP

Saved $5k by not shopping @ Rick Matthews GMC in Brooksville Fl
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 07:18 PM

MacDaddy
Tabletops is correct. There were three delivered the day before Thanksgiving in New Port Richey. I picked up one, and two other forum members picked up theirs. There has been one delivered to Tigerman in Wesley Chapel area; One delivered to Vlevick in St. Pete. On my way to pick up my Sly Sol on Friday, I passed an Aggressive Sol going the opposite way on Ulmerton Ave. in Largo. It looked really cool. So Sounds like now there are at least 6 maybe 7 Sols in the area.
Cwh55

CWH55
VIN# 2345
SLY/AC/Premium Pkg/Power Pkg/Conv. Pkg/ABS/Steel/Sand Interior/KappaShield/ Splash Guards/9" Anntena
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Founding Member

Sarasota

Ours and two others showed up here on 10/28 and he has gotten one more since then I believe.

#637 - 10/28/05 - "The Redhead" - Agressive w/black leather - all packages - standard radio - added Zyoxx 18" black and red rims, rocker panel graphics, dual racing stripe, windscreen graphics, painted engine covers, painted calipers with graphics, stubby antenna, kappashield, chromies, chrome wire loom, kappa floor mats (sometimes diamond plate mats), kappa racing pedals, and splash guards. OVER 135,000 MILES!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 07:01 AM

Mine was delivered in Lakeland on 11/21 - off loaded in Tampa on 11/18. For reference it left Willmington 11/2.

VIN 1294........Finally got it 11/21
Deep Sand/Steel, All Packages, ABS, LSD, 6 CD Monsoon
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 12:40 PM

There is an aggressive that lives up here in Hernando Beach. I also heard the dealer in Citrus recieved his one allocation.

I was...Sly/Polished/Ebony. # 9689
Ordered 9/19/05. Recieved five months. 2 days and 3 hours later.
Now I'm Pure GXP

Saved $5k by not shopping @ Rick Matthews GMC in Brooksville Fl
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

VinA#1290

Shouldn't be long now, picked up the lasted VOEH on (12/03/05). My Solstice was rail ramp unloaded on 12/01/05 and bayed (won't know till Monday where) on 12/02/05. Should know on Monday how much longer I have to wait.

Last edited by macdaddy; 12-03-2005 at 01:55 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Founding Member

Location: The avatar shows my motivation to work .... Work takes place in Houston, Republic of Texas .... Motivation takes place in CA, NV, UT, CO and similar locations with curvy roads through the mountains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy
Shouldn't be long now, picked up the lasted VOEH (12/03/05. My Solstice was bayed in Tampa as of 12/02/05. Should know on Monday how much longer I have to wait.
You live in Tampa, right? You should be down at the railyard visiting your baby!

Ask your dealer which truck carrier brings the new cars to them. Then find out where their local office is, call them and ask them when VIN xxx will be delivered to the dealer.

If you get down to the railyard shortly before they start loading, you can catch the whole sequence on camera. Have you seen photos of MARiSOL's? Click on the link in my signature below.

VIN...............6Y101319........................ 6Y115760
Name.........MariSOL Stice
Color..................Sly........................ ...Aggressive
Acquired.........10/15/2005.....................07/11/2014
Died...............02/25/2013
..............RIP, you wonderful car !!!!

Link to Gizmo's Odyssey photos- Gizmo's Odyssey Photo Thread

Link to Solli's Coast2Coast trip photos- https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ad-trip-20928/
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Vin#1290

Unfortunately after reading the VOEH again, it is to late to catch it coming off the rail car (4800 rail ramp unloaded). However, on Monday I will find out the transport carrier and maybe catch that sequence. Mine is also a Sly and Ebony leather, everything but the satilite radio. I've already promised my solstice to my grandaughter when she turns 16. She's 5 now lol!

Last edited by macdaddy; 12-03-2005 at 02:01 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Founding Member

Location: The avatar shows my motivation to work .... Work takes place in Houston, Republic of Texas .... Motivation takes place in CA, NV, UT, CO and similar locations with curvy roads through the mountains.
Quote:
Unfortunately after reading the VOEH again, it is to late to catch it coming off the rail car (4800 rail ramp unloaded). However, on Monday I will find out the transport carrier and maybe catch that sequence. Mine is also a Sly and Ebony leather, everything but the satilite radio. I've already promised my solstice to my grandaughter when she turns 16. She's 5 now lol!
Please find out and let us know which railroad brought your car to Tampa, in which location it received the car by transfer, if transferred from CSX or who, and the name of the trucking company. Post it all back here, please. It will help a LOT in the tracking thread.

And anyone else who has the opportunity, please obtain similar information for your car and let me know! Thanks.

Link to Solli's Coast2Coast trip photos- https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ad-trip-20928/
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

I'll certainly do what I can!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Anyone in the Tampa, FL area receive their solstice yet? According to the dealer my solstice has left the plant and is is bayed in Lordstown. I've seen higher VIN#'s than mine that were delivered already.
#1491 arrived in Dade City on 10/21, took about 3 weeks to get down here. The truck driver said he brought it down from Jacksonville.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Vin#1290

Finally! 1290 arrived today (haven't named her yet). Picked up my Solstice this evening. Although I was unable to watch the rail to truck transfer, I am extremely pleased with my solstice., however, make sure you do a critical check of your Solstice when take delivery, my Solstice was missing a foot rest on the drivers side. the foot rest should be here in a few days, but would not have noticed if the owner of 00101 had not been on the lot. Sly with Ebony Leather all the features except sat radio.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Finally! 1290 arrived today (haven't named her yet). Picked up my Solstice this evening. Although I was unable to watch the rail to truck transfer, I am extremely pleased with my solstice., however, make sure you do a critical check of your Solstice when take delivery, my Solstice was missing a foot rest on the drivers side. the foot rest should be here in a few days, but would not have noticed if the owner of 00101 had not been on the lot. Sly with Ebony Leather all the features except sat radio.
Congratulations, macdaddy! Another beautiful Solstice in Florida.

If you were referring to VIN 000101, that was apparently sold on ebay, originally delivered to North Carolina.

Too bad you didn't get photos at the railyard. But you can always look at MARiSOL's, with the link right there in my signature!

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 12:57 AM
LOST SOL

CONGRATS!!!

2007 Aggressive GXP (Manual) loaded minus On* and Smoker's Pkg (Born 11/10/2006 and picked up on 11/22/2006) SOLD 10/17/2008

Current sMiles: 21,622

Click Here To See My Mod Page

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode