Who is going to Hilton Head Concours d'Elegance Solstice Celebration? - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 09:56 AM

Location: Under an invisibility cloak, somewhere in the Northeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinVenom
True, but I have never complained, since from the beginning I expected my car sometime in October, and it turned out that way for me, not only that, as you know my car is in the dealership showroom until the end of the month, so other folks that either have not seen it, or are interested in the car, can actually see it in person, it also gives the dealer the foot traffic GM is looking to get out of this car.
That could be it, where it hasn't been "delivered" to you. They may have used that as a cut off.

I forget, the Detroit event didn't have a attendence limit did it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
I never got an e-mail, so who knows what the criteria was for this event.
I think they used the F1K e-mail list just because that's all they had right now (probably figured a forum like this would spread the word). This event is for ALL owners.

-2006 VIN #30, First 1000 Series

Pontiac RIP 1926-2009
post #33 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateam_77
Does anyone know if the price is lower if you don't bring a guest?
Does any one know if itís cheaper if you donít bring a Solstice because IíVE HAD MINE ON ORDER SINCE APRIL AND I HAVENíT GOT IT YET!!!!!!!!
post #34 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mceb
I think they used the F1K e-mail list just because that's all they had right now (probably figured a forum like this would spread the word). This event is for ALL owners.
I don't think it was limited to the First 1K email list. I got the email, but I got it on October 12th, a week later than when we first heard about it from other forum members.

Come to think of it, that probably coincides with when my car was completed, I went to code 4150, invoiced to dealer on October 10th. Also, the letter specifically said "If youíre not already driving your new 2006 Pontiac Solstice, you will be soon and we want to celebrate with you!"

Sounds to me like it included all sold orders, but with the provision that Pontiac has to have your email on file with your order information. I know that I made several inquiries to Pontiac about whether my order was a Zero Zip order or not, and several of these attempts were through email. That is probably how my email address got attached to my order number (While most regular sold orders wouldn't necessarily contain that information).

Anyway, that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

BTW, while I would love to go to Hilton Head, all my discretionary funds are currently being held in reserve to pad my cash deposit for my Solstice, when it does finally get delivered.

GXP, Sly w/ Black Leather Interior, Loaded
Mods - Solo Performance GXP RCD exhaust, IC pipes, GMPP Performance Upgrade Kit, Backbone Brace and Probeam.
Norms fiberglass rear diffuser, Smoked Headlights, Opel GT antenna, splash guards, custom illuminated Wind Restrictor, JPM leather visor covers, elbow pads and custom embroidered, leather covered center console.
Email me if you are interested in joining the Mid-Atlantic Solstice Sky Club (MASSC) for NJ, NY, PA, DE and MD[email protected]
post #35 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
I called and asked. It isn't any cheaper if you don't bring a guest.

But I did have another idea. If I went, I would be solo, so I checked into the cost of booking a room at the resort for the two nights. It looks like a regular room is listed at $159 a night, before taxes, fees, etc. So figure about $200 a night, or $400 for the two nights.

So if someone wanted to come as my guest to the Solstice events (or I could be your guest), I would be willing to split the cost $675 + $400 for the second room / 2 = approximately $525 to $550 per person.

Gives the two people involved a little cost savings, and at least one person from the forum that they would "know" at the Solstice events.

Again, I haven't made a firm decision to attend, but I'd be willing to consider an arrangement like this.

GXP, Sly w/ Black Leather Interior, Loaded
Mods - Solo Performance GXP RCD exhaust, IC pipes, GMPP Performance Upgrade Kit, Backbone Brace and Probeam.
Norms fiberglass rear diffuser, Smoked Headlights, Opel GT antenna, splash guards, custom illuminated Wind Restrictor, JPM leather visor covers, elbow pads and custom embroidered, leather covered center console.
Email me if you are interested in joining the Mid-Atlantic Solstice Sky Club (MASSC) for NJ, NY, PA, DE and MD[email protected]
post #36 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 02:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengel
I don't think it was limited to the First 1K email list. I got the email, but I got it on October 12th, a week later than when we first heard about it from other forum members.
Actually they had e-mails on anyone who registered on Apprentice site which is much bigger than 1000 people. Maybe that's what they used as starting point to get word out to all owners.

-2006 VIN #30, First 1000 Series

Pontiac RIP 1926-2009

Last edited by mceb; 10-17-2005 at 02:25 PM.
post #37 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 02:24 PM
cdb
Founding Member

We never got the e-mail, but we called the phone number that was posted on the first message on this thread and we are going. So, if you are interested in attending make a phone call.

549 of 1k
post #38 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 02:36 PM

Location: Under an invisibility cloak, somewhere in the Northeast
Nice to see the Forum and the Solstice team working together on this one. Hope it is the sign of more to come.
post #39 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 02:42 PM

[SPOILER]
Quote:
That is a good point - I am missing just 2 things here : my Sol, and someone to go with me ! Maybe if it comes in this week I can arrange to get down - sounds like a good time !
post #40 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 02:48 PM

[SPOILER]
Quote:
I never got an e-mail, so who knows what the criteria was for this event.
I got the e-mail, and it came from "[email protected]". Who is using the forum registration as a mailing list? It made it look as if it came from this forum itself, it which case everyone should have received it. My VIN is .....1729 and I don't have my car yet (not in the 1K group), but I got the e-mail about the event. So where did it come from?
post #41 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 04:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to crawdadsolstice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CableStooge
[SPOILER]

I got the e-mail, and it came from "[email protected]". Who is using the forum registration as a mailing list? It made it look as if it came from this forum itself, it which case everyone should have received it. My VIN is .....1729 and I don't have my car yet (not in the 1K group), but I got the e-mail about the event. So where did it come from?
I got the email from the forum, also. When someone signs up for the forum, they have the choice whether they want to give their email address for use by the forum. I did not get the original, did participate in the Apprentice web site thing, but did not get into the F1K group.
post #42 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Relax, guys!

You're not getting spammed or anything, I got same e-mail.

If you got an e-mail from [email protected], it came from Troy Roberts - he is the only one who can send from that e-mail (unless I have the ability to do so now also...).

My guess is he prolly just forwarded the info as a reminder, since this had not been in the top postings for a bit and the deadline is fast approaching. Alas, I am not a solstice owner, and am actually travelling on vacation during that weekend, or I might consider going myself (buddying up with someone like I was going to try to do with the first 1000 party).

You recieved it if you checked that you accepted e-mail from administrators. It doesn't happen very often.
post #43 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 07:35 PM

Perhaps out of ignorance I did not sign up as I assumed this was a 1stK event. I was under the impression it was for owners as they mention it 3 times in the E-mail but no mention of "waiters. I am a 'waiter', perhaps I can get in by signing up to serve drinks? Seriously, is this open to anyone like myself who has one on order but no car as yet?
post #44 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Good question, Pterosaur. I'd assume, since the tone of the info says:

Quote:
If you’re not already driving your new 2006 Pontiac Solstice, you will be soon and we want to celebrate with you! Pontiac, General Motors and the Solstice Team would like to invite you to a very special celebration by the sea:
that if you are "going to be" driving your new 2006 Pontiac Solstice, the invite includes "waiters"...

There's a phone number, call and ask.
post #45 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 08:36 PM

west coast left out

Not to whine too much but so far there was the celebration in the midwest. Now there is the celebration on the east coast ( during hurricane season I might add ) I KNOW that GM headquarters and Pontiac higher ups are busy scheduling a similar celebration for us too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode