Zip Line Run - Upcoming Dragon Event - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Zip Line Run - Upcoming Dragon Event

I have updated the Dragon Website and I have added a Saturday Run for those who might want to join....

I have found a Zip Line Company and I will be going and would love to have a few more to join .... I am afraid of heights and I will be testing my limits but I am willing to try......

$ 45.00 pp

KYGXP (2)
SkyhighNY
Darkwing
SlyGuy
capone
bntn
icarus
nomead
ihawk
VA Sky
southernSkys ( 2 )
JPM (2)
Alex (2)
badsol (2)
MS_Solstice(2)
dashark
geezer
BritSolDriver (2)
Druid
GA-SOLMAN (2)
Pepper

28 so far willing to take the plunge!!!!!

--------------------------------
Watching the fun
ChiliSky
nolates
diamoney

Wahoo Ziplines - Dual Zipline Tours of the Smoky Mountains

Wahoo Ziplines is unique to the Smoky Mountains, with no other zipline of this magnitude in the surrounding area. With over 2 miles of cable, the zipline is split into 6 signature lines from 900 to 1600 feet long and from 40 to 250 feet in the air! Each line will amaze you as you soar through the mountains, taking in the panoramic scenery, and feeling like you're flying. This adrenaline pumping adventure takes place over 80 acres in the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains. Come prepared to spend the next 2 hours of your life zipping, flying, soaring, and bouncing through the canopy of the trees at speeds of 40 MPH. Safety is our main concern. To ensure the safety of our guests, all of our guides have undergone rigorous training and each has been certified through Universal Zipline Technology (UZT).Each tour consists of riding our 6 very unique ziplines. Participants wear gloves, helmet, and a harness with a carbineer that is attached to a pulley that will be placed on a cable strung between platforms. You push off the platform and zip along the cable going from hilltop to hilltop. You will be anywhere from 40-250 feet off the ground and, literally, flying between the trees at a height where birds and other wildlife hang out on the branches. Getting started, First, the experience will include some 'how to' information plus a safety briefing. You will see how we put on the harness, latch into the cable. After you learn the basics and watch a demonstration, you will get your chance to participate in a once in a lifetime adventure.

Last edited by KYGXP; 07-16-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Updating the Zip List
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYGXP View Post
I have updated the Dragon Website and I have added a Saturday Run for those who might want to join....

I have found a Zip Line Company and I will be going and would love to have a few more to join .... I am afraid of heights and I will be testing my limits but I am willing to try......

General Admission Ticket - $89 + Tax

1-11 people = $ 89 pp
12-19 people = $ 65 pp
20 plus people = $ 50 pp

KYGXP
SkyhighNY
Darkwing
SlyGuy
capone
ChiliSky +1

7 so Far.....

Wahoo Ziplines - Dual Zipline Tours of the Smoky Mountains

Wahoo Ziplines is unique to the Smoky Mountains, with no other zipline of this magnitude in the surrounding area. With over 2 miles of cable, the zipline is split into 6 signature lines from 900 to 1600 feet long and from 40 to 250 feet in the air! Each line will amaze you as you soar through the mountains, taking in the panoramic scenery, and feeling like you're flying. This adrenaline pumping adventure takes place over 80 acres in the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains. Come prepared to spend the next 2 hours of your life zipping, flying, soaring, and bouncing through the canopy of the trees at speeds of 40 MPH. Safety is our main concern. To ensure the safety of our guests, all of our guides have undergone rigorous training and each has been certified through Universal Zipline Technology (UZT).Each tour consists of riding our 6 very unique ziplines. Participants wear gloves, helmet, and a harness with a carbineer that is attached to a pulley that will be placed on a cable strung between platforms. You push off the platform and zip along the cable going from hilltop to hilltop. You will be anywhere from 40-250 feet off the ground and, literally, flying between the trees at a height where birds and other wildlife hang out on the branches. Getting started, First, the experience will include some 'how to' information plus a safety briefing. You will see how we put on the harness, latch into the cable. After you learn the basics and watch a demonstration, you will get your chance to participate in a once in a lifetime adventure.

Awesome idea!!!!

If lovin' "ish" is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 03:19 PM

Sly where in MI was from Lansing now in GA/FL state line?
post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 03:20 PM

And thanks for add, Hooya.
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone690 View Post
Sly where in MI was from Lansing now in GA/FL state line?
I try to be where ever the fun is....

post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Honored Member, Rest in Peace

Add me. I'm not sure if Mark will join me or not.

bntn
Midnite - '08 Sky RL
Black on Black manual, leather, monsoon
Ordered 5/31/07
Built 6/19/07
Brought her home 7/23/07
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 07:08 PM

That looks like so much fun...too bad im a chicken when it comes to heights...ill tag along to watch everyone else.....
post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolates View Post
That looks like so much fun...too bad im a chicken when it comes to heights...ill tag along to watch everyone else.....
Ask ChiliSky I dont do well with heights..... I am doing this to prove to myself that I can.... Come on you can do it to......
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 08:17 AM

I could be up for this...

Is this interfering with any existing events (I don't *think* so).
Is there a consolodated schedule showing all of these events?
Having gone this far I just don't want miss anything ;0)
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomead View Post
I could be up for this...

Is this interfering with any existing events (I don't *think* so).
Is there a consolodated schedule showing all of these events?
Having gone this far I just don't want miss anything ;0)
this is on Sat and the only other group event is the River Tubing which you did sign up for.. So the question is which would you rather do......

There is no way to do both.... Everyone needs to be back at the Village by 5:00 and the Zip Line takes 2-3 hours to complete and 1 1/2 hours to get there..... The same for the Tubing, so both of these events are all day.....

We will be posting a Complete Event Schedule Soon...... There will also be a detailed personalized schedule you will have on your lanyard showing what you have been assigned and what you have signed up to attend...

Kim
post #11 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
this is on Sat ... Everyone needs to be back at the Village by 5:00 and the Zip Line takes 2-3 hours to complete and 1 1/2 hours to get there.....Kim
Kim,

Please PM or open forum here route you think will be taken to/from Zipline.

We may need to discover an alternate road due to Saturdays in August with tourist traffic taken into account! I live within 15 miles of the place and would be willing to drive/time alternates if you'd like.

John

Stage 1 supercharged for 8 years and over 165,000 mi.

post #12 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Ask ChiliSky I dont do well with heights..... I am doing this to prove to myself that I can.... Come on you can do it to......
You will be fine. i will let you wear my feather underwear you designed just in case. I am quite certain, given the number of feathers, you would float to the ground like a bird (okay, maybe the aerodynamics don't work that way but trust me...).

post #13 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
this is on Sat and the only other group event is the River Tubing which you did sign up for.. So the question is which would you rather do......

There is no way to do both.... Everyone needs to be back at the Village by 5:00 and the Zip Line takes 2-3 hours to complete and 1 1/2 hours to get there..... The same for the Tubing, so both of these events are all day.....

We will be posting a Complete Event Schedule Soon...... There will also be a detailed personalized schedule you will have on your lanyard showing what you have been assigned and what you have signed up to attend...

Kim
You are way too organized (and thank-you for being so for us all)!
Please switch me over to this - I have done both in other venues and I'm sure I'll have more fun with this. Besides, I like heights!

(Hummm, areotrekking eh? )
post #14 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 04:13 PM

Damn you guys have lots of fun lined up. I wish I could make it. I have to work while there is work right now though.

Mysterious, Lightside, GXP, My Mod Page

NASSOA founding member

St. Louis Area Activities
post #15 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 04:18 PM

I would love to go and try a zip line. Not sure what the heck I'm doing yet. Was just looking for flights for Thursday night. Although, maybe I can drive if most of the fun is Friday. TBD!!!

AKA "Gang Warfare Girl". GWG for short.
And Yak Queen...and Gargoyle...and Twinkie...and...Princess Cranky Pants...and...

Team Mardi Gras 2015
"Cookie" or "Bumble Bee in a Bottle"
VIN 3866 - Delivered 11/30/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode