Kappas on the North Coast Event - OHIO - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Kappas on the North Coast Event - OHIO

Pontiac Solstice and Saturn SKY owners. Bring your car and join the fun. The popular Kappa day at Put-In-Bay has expanded to a 3-day event.

Happening during the weekend of September 5-7 2014

Friday September 5, 2014 - We will go racing!

Friday Night Test N Tune - Summit Motorsports Park - 1300 State Route 18, Norwalk OH 44857 - Gates open at 5:00PM, racing is from 6:00PM-11:00PM - Cost is $12 to race or watch, Kids 6-12 are $5

More info: Friday Test N Tune

Saturday September 6, 2014 - It's Island Time!

Kappa Day at Put-In Bay - We will spend the day exploring the island like years past - Miller Ferry is the ferry to the island - First boat is at 6:00AM to head to the island, the last boat leaves for the main land at 8:00PM - Once on the island, we will meet at the light house from there we will travel as a group to downtown. I will try and line up an official parade through town (info pending) - I would like to cruise the island as a group, however once on the island if different groups want to break off and do different things that's alright. We all should get together for one meal as a group. - While on the island we will have a parking area to park together.

More info: Miller Boat Line: Put-in-Bay Schedule for Miller Ferry Passenger and Vehicle Departures to South Bass Island, putinbay
PIB Info: Put-in-Bay (Put in Bay) Island Visitor Guide | Put in Bay (Put-in-Bay) Island Guide | Put in Bay Vacation Guide | Put in Bay Bicentennial | visitputinbay.com

Sunday September 7, 2014 - We're going driving!

There are so many nice roads along the north coast, so lets try them out - I will develop a route and provide more info in the future. You can "LIKE" the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/kappasonthenorthcoastohio and stay posted on further updates there as well. I will post more late July. I plan another car show in early July, so right now that's my priority.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

There is no specific hotel recommended. In the past some have chosen to stay on the main land while others have chosen to stay on the island.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 09:17 PM

I wish I was home to participate in this event when you scheduled it. My wife and I are headed to Europe for a couple weeks of vacation.

I enjoyed talking to you and your Dad at the Pocono Meet. We'll have to meet up sometime this summer.

As I mentioned the PIB Historic Races are planned for 8/25 thru 8/27. I will be headed up there for the races held on the airport slated for 8/26/14. We take our mountain bikes up there on the ferry for the day.

Lar Bear
"Cool" Solstice Manual Coupe #159
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 02:10 PM

Miller Ferry's website says they are not able to round trip a vehicle within the same day on Saturdays. Do they bend that rule for us? Otherwise we'll have to stay on the island Saturday night if we go to the Test N Tune Friday night.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

brazen1, I believe that is more of a statement to cover their butts in the instance someone who buys a round trip ticket on a peak weekend and they don't have room. We've done this the last 2 years and everyone who went over Saturday morning got back Saturday evening. By September the season is beginning to wind down. I don't foresee a problem, but like them, I can't guarantee. We're at the mercy of their capacity. But a for instance, last year there were 3 cars besides me on the return trip to the mainland.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode