2013 Michigan Kappa Club 8th Annual “Run Through HELL” Cruise – Sunday 10-6-2013 Noon-4 p.m.
Come Join the Kappa's on the 8th Annual “Run Through HELL” Cruise, hosted by the Doc’s (Radio and X-Ray) in honor and tribute to Tad Muscott, originator and creator of the first seven Kappa Hell Runs from 2006 through 2012. Wisconsin may be hosting the 8th Dells Run and Ohio the 8th “Twistin’ to the River,” but nowhere except Michigan can you go through Hell and Back for eight years.
A beautiful 100 mile ride from Mason, MI to Jackson, MI. Lots of winding, tree-lined roads. Expect peak Autumn Colors.
Ride will proceed rain or shine, top up or top down.
The ride will be of the parade/caravan type. Turn-by-turn directions will be provided. One scheduled 30-40 minute break will occur in HELL, MI (at the midpoint of the ride) for photos, snacks, souvenirs and BIO needs.
The ride will conclude at the Hard Knock Grill in Jackson, MI about 4 p.m. A menu can be viewed online at Jackson Michigan Restaurant Bar & Grill - The Hard Knock Grill. The private banquet room has been reserved and the general menu will be available. Names will be drawn at dinner for prizes. Our previous Jackson dining venue of Hudson’s Grill went out of business in September 2012
If any non-MKC members wish to join the ride, please E-mail Jim at [email protected]
to ensure restaurant accomodations, door prizes and enough written materials.
Driving Directions to the Point of Origin:
500 Hull Road
Mason, MI 48854
Northeast Corner of the Parking Lot
The Meijer Store is located at the Southern edge of Mason, MI on the Southwest Corner of the intersection of Kipp Road and Jefferson St/Hull Rd in Mason, MI. Meijer is on the East side of US-127 using the Kipp Road exit (#64).
Meijer gasoline and Meijer Store bathrooms are available adjacent to the parking lot.
1. Arrive BEFORE Noon, with a FULL tank, and an EMPTY bladder.
2. Use your turn signal so everyone in the caravan can anticipate the turns.
3. Stay in close proximity to the car ahead, so no one gets separated from the group.
4. Two-way radios will be used. About ten loaner radios are available for use by those who need one.
5. The speed limit will be observed (and occasionally adhered to, particularly in town or congested/residential areas.)
6. Collector points will follow any instances where we may momentarily become separated.
7. Solo drivers are invited to drive mid-pack, so as to be less dependent on written directions.
8. A Waiver of Liability will be available for your signature prior to receiving your "Directions Packet".
9. Organizer Cell numbers for any concerns prior to or during the ride: Jim-734.612.5400 Carter-248.231.1031