Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

CA shop recommendation

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  tntblondy 
#1 ·
If anyone has worked with a shop in CA, preferably Bay Area that is familiar with our cars and/or GM engines in general, please pass on your recommendation. Thanks!

#3 ·
Scotty's Auto Repair in Campbell

Delt with Scotty for the last 15 years, fair and honest and they speak GM.

#5 ·
They definitely will not work on modded stuff. What are you planing to have done?

#7 ·
What do you need. I just got my EFR turbo-ed coupe to LEGALLY pass ca smog!

#8 ·
who has a very good smog tech?

its an engine swap, so it need to comply with an updated engine year so i have to add a few components to satisfy CARB (and have it run better) and i also need a rock solid tune.

I have already visited the referee and have my to do list and i think it is very doable but it has to be done by someone who cares.

#14 ·
Also looking for a recommended shop in CA...

Took my coupe to the local "Silver Star" GMC dealership due to a P0443 and a few other codes... can't pass smog... So at the dealership, they had no idea what my car was nor had they ever worked on one before so I wasn't about to leave my car there. I'm looking for a recommendation preferably in Thousand Oaks or anywhere near Ventura County? Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

#15 ·
You made the right choice not leaving your car there! I moved from Westlake Village a year ago and have had my car at that Silver Star three times and they screwed it up every time. It's funny they would say they have never worked on a Solstice. Mine was there for 6 weeks when they put in a clutch and two slave cylinders only to finally deduce it was a broken clutch pedal. Also had it there for the recall ignition switch where they broke my steering column cover and the pinion seal fix when they put in the wrong fluid.

Unfortunately, I never found anyone out there that knew much about our cars. I just invested the time to fix everything myself. Search the forum for your P0443 code. It may be a very simple fix.

#16 ·
OMG so glad I went with my gut feeling about Silver Star! So I already know what the code is and the rest of the codes, however I've already replaced the parts involved or so I thought...Evap emissions system purge control valve circuit... Basically I have a gas leak somewhere along the line so I have to find out exactly where the leak is and replace the hose... I've already replaced the control valve circuit and the gas cap... and I'm pretty sure this isn't the correct place to be posting this so I'll just keep searching... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.