Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Autocross Schedule D/FW 2011

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  imaj 
#1 · (Edited)
I'll be attending my first autocross this year with the BMW club April 9th in Mineral Wells.

Here's some info on the club. Lone Star Chapter BMW CCA
Here's the BMW schedule for the year. Lone Star Chapter BMW CCA

It's only 35 bucks to register for their events, 25 bucks after you join the national BMW club. (yes, it pained me to do so but they only allow you to attend as a guest one time)

To register for an event, you need to setup a free account here. DLB Racing Calendar
Then go to calendar view and look for the "LSCBMW" event on April 9th.
You then click on the picture of a little car in front of a clipboard to be taken to a registration page.
You will need to pay by paypal, and select a number for your car.

You can then put a number on your car with blue painters tape the night before you go, which is what I did the first time,
or you can buy numbers here. iZoom Graphics, Your Best Source for Professional High Quality Competition Graphics
I bought this set of 3 numbers in silver. Single Color Track Day Numbers [TDSET] - $38.00 : iZoom Graphics, Your Best Source for Professional High Quality Competition Graphics

You can use a loaner helmet if you wish. They will have a few on site.
I went ahead and bought a helmet here. Motorcycle helmets and Motorcycle helmet - Helmet City
The cheapest one that meets the required Snell M1995 or later is this one, Snell M2005 HJC CL-31 Helmet - Black | Helmet City which is the one I bought

Most of the events are at Texas Motor Speedway, which is more convenient than Mineral Wells.
I will update this thread every time I run an event with results, and info about the next event.

This is the track that will be setup April 9th.

See less See more
#2 ·
This is a link to a calendar of all DFW autocrosses and time trials.

Autocross calendar and links for the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex

I intend to run as many BMW club events as possible, plus maybe an event with the S2000 club and the Porsche club.

My dream would be to someday have a solstice club autocross series. It wouldn't take that much money. The timing setup would be the most expensive thing, plus renting the lot. I'm trying to learn as much as I can so maybe someday we can organize something.

I ran two events with the BMW club last year. They are a good bunch of guys, and I met a couple of real nice corvette owners, a firebird owner, and a guy with a bitchin old 914 like my dad used to have.

These events are always a great time, and you can't find a cheaper way to learn how to throw your car around.

If you're not sure, just show up and spectate. Be sure to say hi if you do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.