Kerrville '14 - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck View Post

And shall we be needing a reservation at the Casa Tastrophy? The usual room for Mz A Rose, in the Slobber Suite?
Perchance, Mr. stuck, would there be more room at the inn?

Perhaps the hairball suite would be open?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Retired Free Range Sols

Quote:

And shall we be needing a reservation at the Casa Tastrophy? The usual room for Mz A Rose, in the Slobber Suite?
Perfection!

06 NA...was 106k miles, do-over at 12k
06 NA...56k miles...Black today, black tomorrow?
01 Aztek GT...102k miles...Black and loaded. Best non-Solstice ever!

Team Solstice 2006 & 2006

Life is good with a pair of Sols in the garage.

Runs/Meets in '06:13 '07:13 '08:7 '09:9 '10:9 '11:6 '12:4 '13:3 '14:2 '15:3
post #33 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsSol View Post
Perchance, Mr. stuck, would there be more room at the inn?
Perhaps the hairball suite would be open?
The Kitty Cabana is being remodeled, but I think accomodations can be made...

It's sticky!!!
post #34 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsSol View Post
This is a very technical run...especially when we get to the Three Sisters. The run group usually hits the run pretty hard, while the tour group (which isn't really at tour speed) does hit it quite as hard.

Having done the run group as an experienced driver with Autocross experience...I would actually suggest that you first try the tour group. This is NOT the place to try pushing your car to the limits. :jmtc:
Well I really would like to attempt the Run and by all means I would not mind slowing down and being near the end of the group to just have a feel for this type of meet. I really just want the experience and enjoy it.
post #35 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

No sweat. Got you on the list. It is the best way to do the 3 Sisters since it goes in both directions.

It's sticky!!!
post #36 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
No sweat. Got you on the list. It is the best way to do the 3 Sisters since it goes in both directions.
Alright thanks Stuck, and is there any additional information we need to provide you with or anything? Like once we reserve the hotel room give you the # or any other specifics a newbie like myself should supply with? Do we need driving helmets as well or is a radio fine. Etc, etc. Thanks.
post #37 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Nope. You're good. We'll take a headcount that morning for dinner. You don't need a helmet, the radio is fine. I would recommend a good earpiece or headset. When the top is down, you can barely hear the radio.

It's sticky!!!

Last edited by stuck; 11-05-2013 at 09:46 AM.
post #38 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehran333 View Post
Do we need driving helmets as well or is a radio fine.
Radio yes ~ helmet no.

Lunch stop at Leakey ~ 2010.
post #39 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Nope. You're good. We'll take a headcount that morning for dinner. You don't need a helmet, the radio is fine. I would recommend a good earpiece or headset. When the top is down, you can barely hear the radio.
Driving with the top down? What a ridiculous idea!
post #40 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 02:37 PM

You should get your wind restrictor before. I'm thinking of getting one just for the trip.

So, if you guys are leaving at about 9:30 from Dallas, about what time will you be in Kerville? I'd like to roll in before 6 on Friday

Charlie

I'm trying to contain an outbreak here and you're driving the monkey to the airport.
Hank Hill

Last edited by TX08manualGXP; 11-05-2013 at 02:41 PM.
post #41 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX08manualGXP View Post
You should get your wind restrictor before. I'm thinking of getting one just for the trip.
Yup! Was going to call them up and get one right about Christmas but then I ran into another problem.. Top down = top in trunk which means even LESS (yeah, who could of thought less right?) room in the trunk. So how would I bring a suitcase? Is everyone else hitching up a trailer or something?
post #42 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 02:44 PM

Charlie: It'll probably be around 3:00pm that they arrive at K-ville. They're having lunch around 11-12 I'm guessing and that's still a few hundred miles from K-ville.
post #43 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 02:49 PM

Rats, I didn't think about that. and the wife wants to come too so for sure, I'll need any and all room for that. I haven;t read all the posts yet. If we get a room and leave our stuff there and then go on the cruise but it's more of a 1 way thing. BTW... what brand / model radio works best. I'd like to go ahead and get those now. and mic and ear piece would surely help.

Charlie

I'm trying to contain an outbreak here and you're driving the monkey to the airport.
Hank Hill
post #44 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Rats, I didn't think about that. and the wife wants to come too so for sure, I'll need any and all room for that. I haven;t read all the posts yet. If we get a room and leave our stuff there and then go on the cruise but it's more of a 1 way thing. BTW... what brand / model radio works best. I'd like to go ahead and get those now. and mic and ear piece would surely help.
Quote:
You'll need to get them. I got my radios from Fry's. FRS type. Midlands are the best bang for the buck.
He posted that on the shirt thread. Not sure if he's finished with the shirt order if you still haven't ordered yours. He says he's getting a few extras but .. yeah.
post #45 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Founding Member

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Midland is a great value! E-Pay can be your friend. A good fitting Ear piece is a PLUS! PM me if you need more info.

eCar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode