Texas DDMWorks Mod Meet: April 03, 2009 - April 05, 2009 - Page 5 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salstice View Post
Cool! I am going to swing by on Saturday, since that'll be the easiest for me to get up there. Doubt I could make it on Friday after work and all.

What's a good time to swing by on Sat?
I'm planning on being on the 9 am Red River run. We should be back after lunch. How does 1 pm sound? I'll just plan on being there then.

Envious, ebony leather, loaded, DDM Stage II S/C, headers/cat/exhaust, 4-piston brakes/slotted rotors, Probeam, Backbone, Lil' Chromies, K-sphere pedals, Kazera KZ-L wheels, the TWEETY door unlock/lock button, High Note horn, Brushed Al door sills, etched/lighted WindRestrictor, white LED map/footwell lights, 3rd brake light pulser. --- She moves!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 01:22 PM

FOR THOSE TRAVELING NORTH THROUGH FORT WORTH!

THE TMS TRAFFIC IS REALLY CLOGGING THINGS UP!

AN ALTERNATE ROUTE IS TO GET OFF I-35W NORTH OF FORT WORTH AT HWY 287 TOWARD DECATUR.

AT DECATUR FIND YOUR WAY TO HWY 51 NORTH. TAKE 51 NORTH TO ERA

AT ERA TAKE FM 922 WEST TO FM 373

GO NORTH ON FM 373 ABOUT 3 MILES TO THE HOUSE.

TEAM SOLSTICE 2010
NASSOA(tm)
Founding Member #2
1st 1K #781
310whp DDM Custom Turbo System
DDM Pro-Beam, A-Pillar Pod, PLX gauges
DDM Race BackBone, center feed fuel rail
Starlight red I/C pipes and coil cover

GReddy Profec B Boost Controller, HKS BOV
3" DDM/Magnaflow cat-free exhaust
Werks radiator / Precision billet grilles
Norms vented fenders / GXP Spoiler
Riken Raptor's 255/45/18
post #63 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlintexas View Post
UPDATE DUE TO TMS RACE TRAFFIC
Warning - on FM 922 there are two 'bumps' caused by road improvements (yeah right) that you need to watch for and slow down for.
When you say bumps, are we talking about 2 big dips that make your car bounce or are we talking about 2 big speed bumps out in the middle of the road? You have me worried.

Red Devil 07' Solstice - Sport Package ( traded in 2012' )
Black Widow 08' Solstice - GXP
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...Car_Colage.jpg
http://www.hulu.com/watch/357322/my-...?from=fb_share
post #64 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to 1KULSOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Ghost View Post
When you say bumps, are we talking about 2 big dips that make your car bounce or are we talking about 2 big speed bumps out in the middle of the road? You have me worried.
they are not "bumps" per se ... although it is bumpy when you hit the "depression" ... my car sits pretty low but if you take it easy you won't have any problems.
post #65 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 10:01 PM

Images From Meet & Greet

Here are a few images from the DDMWorks Mod Meet.

My sweet ride of course.

Did anyone notice that all of the red cars lined up on one side when that parked? Weird!

Everyone having fun and mingling

Ops! Looks like I accidentally backed over the install guy from DDMWorks! Actually it's just my car getting the BACK BONE installed. Best mod to my car so far performance wise. No more fishtailing and much better control with less rear end body shifting. Quick! Somebody get that man his beer!

Great turnout!

Another BACK BONE install. I wonder how many were done on Saturday?

Overall I had a great time! Carl and his wife were very accomodating and were the nicest host. What a beautiful house/mini castle. LOL! The weather could not have been any better and what a great group of people I was able to meet. I must say this is one of the nicest car clubs I have been a member of. And the BBQ was delicious! For anyone who did not come, you really missed out on a great weekend. Thanks to all who came and especially Carl for letting us meet at his place.

Red Devil 07' Solstice - Sport Package ( traded in 2012' )
Black Widow 08' Solstice - GXP
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...Car_Colage.jpg
http://www.hulu.com/watch/357322/my-...?from=fb_share

Last edited by RedDevil; 04-05-2009 at 10:24 PM.
post #66 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 PM

Here's a link to more pics, and links to pics from the meet.

Pontiac Solstice Forum - TEXAS MOD MEET PICTURES!!! PICTURES!!! PICTURES!!! - solstice-forum.com

And also, here: Pontiac Solstice Forum - Texas DDMWorks Mod Meet - Muenster,TX - solstice-forum.com
(a link to more pics starts towards the bottom of page 38)

Yes, my Solstice is my midlife crisis baby.

'08 Pure w/Ebony Leather, Power, Conv & Preferred Pkgs, Spoiler, XM, Onstar, Etched & Illuminated V2 Wind Restrictor, QuadK, DDM Tune, Race BackBone & ProBeam, FE3 Swaybars, Splash Guards, Brake Light Decal, Back-up Light Covers, Chrome Rims, LED Door Sills, Footwell, Trunk & Engine Bay Lighting, Painted Calipers, Auto Dim Mirror & fun things (including a Mysterious GXP brother!)
post #67 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 09:19 PM

Just in case there are any of you out there who have not yet come to appreciate the dedication

and excellent service the crew at DDM Works offers it customers, let me tell you...

After a hectic and grueling weekend in Texas servicing I don't know how many Solstices and

Skys (with little sleep or rest for three days); and in the middle of a 16 hour drive back home

to South Carolina,,,they found the time to divert to Arkansas and make a HOUSE CALL!

I had told Dave that I had developed a problem with lean codes that I couldn't solve. He

suggested he ought to look at my car in person. It turns out that I had one of the Stage II

kits with the mysterious "blue ring" injectors (news to me!), and I required one of Randys

"special" tweaks.

After two and a half hours of work (for which they would not accept any payment), I sent them

on their way with cookies, oranges and something to cover dinner for the three of them.

What a company...what genuinely fine people they are! Safe travels, Dave, Ivy and Randy.

Deep, Ebony, Loaded...VIN 2124

DDM Supercharger #6 Stage II Intercooled
Magnaflow Dual Cat-back ... Valentine 1
FE3 sway bar ... Car.Cust. Rests
Norm's Dual Rear Fascia ... Visor Decals
Walnut Burl Dash ... Dual Horns
Aftershock Recessed Grills ... Debadged
Boost & A/F gauges ... KappaShield
DDM Pro-Beam and back brace ... Solo HF Cat

Listen to 'er why-ee-eye-ine..
post #68 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 09:36 AM

Just takin' a moment to say THANK YOU to Joe at JPM for taking the time to get great results, to Rebecca and Stephen at WindRestrictor for going above and beyond to exceed expectations, and to CARL and wife, for providing a venue for this.

Anyone thinking about attending one of these events, just do it, you will get a lot out of it.

Cheers,

[B]2007 MysteriousGXPAutomatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode