special car for sale soon - price opinion wanted - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

OK - so I got the car today. It is a 2006, 5100 kms on the odo, some minor damage to thr rt quarter from the parking lot unfortunately, but minor.
There is no airbag warning light on however there is a recall letter from GM stating that there is a partial correction to be performed followed by another permanent correction at a later date.

The car is loaded LSD, leather pkg, a/c, ABS, power pkg, 2.4L 5MT. and rust protection . Color liquid silver with ebony leather. Drives like a new car.

I am guessing that gettng the recall done would make sense before selling. Retail sale was $33,000 + tax. Thought I would offer at $15,000

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 01:22 PM

It depends on how quickly you want to sell the car. That price is okay, but not stand-out, and there is a lot of competition. Fall in Canada is not a great time either to sell a convertible car.

Here's a link showing other solstice prices in Canada. There is a range, naturally and this sorts the list from high to low price.
https://www.kijiji.ca/b-cars-vehicle...sort=priceDesc

For example, there is a solstice base with less miles and no damage for under $14k. There are also some GXPs that have more mileage, but still low mileage for less than $15k.

Hope it helps and GL.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpuck View Post
I am guessing that gettng the recall done would make sense before selling. Retail sale was $33,000 + tax. Thought I would offer at $15,000Bill
I don't believe GM will do anything if the airbag light isn't on because even it it was on the fix is considered a stop-gap measure. I wouldn't worry about the airbag until a permanent fix is announced (if ever). The minor damage is something I'd consider fixing before selling. However, with the price of bodywork, even a minor repair could cost several hundred dollars, plus silver can be one of the more difficult colors to match. If you want top dollar the car should be as close to flawless as possible.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Good advice - I would rather just list the car and not have to go to the dealer.

Bill
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

KWTOX - I couldn't find any vehicles with less km's than five thousand. But I appreciate the multiple listings from Kijiji and will also list there.

Bill
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 06:14 AM

Just my opinion is the $ 15000.00 US because if it is it's way over priced but if you can get it go for it .
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 08:28 AM

Garage
Have you driven it yet? Any odd noises from the rear diff?

Have all the recalls been done (vent tube on diff, etc)?

I picked up my 2006 NA with 66,000km 3 years ago and it has all the same options as yours. I found the rear diff groaned horribly. I ended up swapping out the diff fluid for Royal Purple 2 years ago and all is good. Total cost was $60 CDN for the fluid (I did it myself).
GM really struggled with the diff fluid on these LSD cars. With only 5100 kms, I highly suspect it doesn't have the correct fluid in it.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpuck View Post
KWTOX - I couldn't find any vehicles with less km's than five thousand. But I appreciate the multiple listings from Kijiji and will also list there.

Bill
GLWS.

Here's one that I mentioned.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

Last edited by kwtoxman; 09-25-2017 at 09:12 AM.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Car is listed - thanks for your input

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...Activated=true
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedMike View Post
Steelmess. Problem is there has been no solution from gm on the passenger airbag sensor. It appear they won't let them across border with a outstanding recall.
I asked a CBP officer about this, he said they need a letter from GM stating that the specific vehicle meets US DOT (FMVSS) safety and US EPA emissions standards.

"You are the product" - Autoguide.com group forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode