Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Lowering spring for a 2007 GXP

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Vasquezz1228 
#1 ·
I'm looking for lowering springs for my 2007 GXP. The question I have is if anyone has installed the H&R springs on a gxp and how much lower did it get? Are the 2.4 solstice the same height as the gxp? Or are they the same height? If so how do I know how much the h&r spring will loser my car? I just want about a 1.5 inch drop, which is why I want springs. Coilovers would be over kill as I would not be using them to their full potential on this car.

#2 ·
General rule of thumb is 3/4 " to 1 1/2 " depending on the manufacturer and the shock set up you have . H&R lists a 1.2 drop for the front and a 1.3 for the rear . One thing to take into account is that the springs settle in after the initial install which depending on the brand usually takes a couple of months so you won't see the advertised drop right away .

#3 ·
So the advertised height drop for the H&R springs are for a gxp? I'm only asking because before owning this car I had a Pontiac g5 whih is basically a cobalt. On that car I had eibach sportline springs and we're advertised as roughly 1 inch drop for the cobalt SS or g5 gt and 2 inches for the base models.

#5 ·
Eibach lists different SKU's for each version of the kappa (Solstice and sky, N/A and Turbo), and there is some cross over of individual components (eg: rears on both solstice kits are the same). If you dig hard enough on the internet you can find this information. I have the Eibach pro kit (I think, whichever one is less drop) and I got about 1.25" drop all around using a GXP kit on a base Sol on stock struts. At this point I think finding any kit is pure luck so you may not get a choice as to which springs you can use. Good luck with your search.

#7 ·
There are still manufactures out there who still make spring kits for our cars unfortunately Eibach which I have on my car are no longer being produced for a Kappa . H&R which are made in Germany ,ST and Vogtland are still producing them or at least still available .

#8 ·
Well good luck to you. I'm just trying to get to know you all. I said that because a guy showed up at the Sun Lakes collector show with a '64 impala with huge diameter rims on it and the tires were 'flat' and only about an inch above the rims. If I had done that I could have knocked off an inch-and-a-half of tire and effectively lowered it down some. But them I'd 'scrape' because I have to hit my driveway at an angle already. Randy Phoenix. :)

#9 ·
I'm looking to get rid of the wheel gap between the fender and wheel. Also would like the handling benefits. The car feels good as it is stock but believe it can get better. I really don't want to buy the H&R springs and then the car not going lower. Can't seem to get accurate info on what drop they give the different trims of the different kappa cars. Thinking I should just save and buy BC coilovers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.