Pic of my GXP with KW V3 coilovers installed - Page 4 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 08:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to JewJenk
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDarkSol View Post
Word of caution if you have front splashguards. I would think you could not have them. DarkSol has stock N/A suspension and you should see the bottom of my guards from speed bump scrapeing. If fact I folded one over on a very high speed bump the other day..put a crease in the guard. I would think they would have to be removed if car lowered or maybe they could be trimmed the lowered differance.
I go around speed bumps, the car is already to low for them.

If you find yourself in a fair fight,,,, then your tactics suck..
Don't get mad, get even....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 09:20 AM

Hey KW,

I received the KW's last week, and have installed the new Vredesteins and wheels. I had some questions for you, and sent a PM a few days ago. What do you think?

Howster
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

LS2 Solstice, I'll try to take a few quick measurements soon.

Howster, missed that one, sorry. PM sent.
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2 Solstice View Post
I would be curious to see what the measurments are from the hub to the fender, instead of from the ground. I would like to compare to mine..

Jay
I measured around 14 -14.1 inches between middle centre cap and the fender. Front and rear. This was with over 1/2 tank of gas too.

I've raised the car all around again hoping to get another .2 to .25 inches up. This would put me around 27 1/8 inches F and R (or 14.25 inches F and R using centerline hub). It doesn't measure that now exactly as it has to settle.

kw.......
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 05:52 PM

kw

I had the chance to measure mine today. Eibach sportlines, 14 inches up front from center of hub, and 14.25 in the back. I though we were close but not that close. Your's looks lower..Which is gooder..haha

Jay
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoxman View Post
KW suspension notes Front=400 / Rear=285 lbs/inch for the KW V3's on the solstice. I don't know what stock is, perhaps someone can post. Or ask that question on the forum here.

This suspension is for sale from a variety of dealers as well as from site supporting shops. Gravana and performance autowerks immediately come to mind. Retail is $1995. I got mine from a forum member here.

kw........
FWIW, this post has an error and I can't edit it because it's now locked. It should have read the Front=400 / Rear=228 lbs/inch. 400/228 F/R lbs/inch specs are also equal to 7.2/4.1 kg/mm or 70/40 nm/mm.

Also note that's the original KW suspension kit spec for the GXP. KW has since updated the solstice suspension kit (all types AFAIK, v1, v2, v3) in a running update at least a few years back; it's a different rear coilover (wider with wider spring) and a higher rear spring rate (the first kit was soft and undersprung in the rear of the solstice for rough roads). The new rear springs are 50 nm/mm (same as 5.1 kg/mm or 285 lbs/inch). I installed new 50 nm/mm rear springs on my KW V3 GXP this year and it's worth the upgrade for those that have the old kit imo.

Cheers
ChopTop and easyryderca like this.

Last edited by kwtoxman; 08-31-2019 at 08:07 PM.
post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 08:31 AM

Location: at the snow white beaches of north west florida...or in the shop, but never on the couch. possibly playing pool.or eating
looks good! I would like mine a little lower but....it's my daily driver..and..florida. super flat state and dipsey doddle roads...and driveways/store entrances....intersections...and just plain "straight" roads keep telling my self it's so the tourist wont out stay their welcome...but they do.
kwtoxman likes this.
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

For those interested in the original early thread pictures here they are. I still have the now old pictures from new.

Here is a picture of my car back in 2007 new with OEM suspension.

I always loved the look of the GXP; its smooth curves and looks. Very evocative.

2008 pictures of my GXP with the KW V3 kit just installed. It's sitting lower here at first install as I was just beginning to dial in the ride height for local roads. The car at this point was also running a street aggressive spec suspension alignment (camber, caster and toe-in F/R). https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/...-specs-44573/; an old but valuable enthusiast thread.

I can attest to account for the fact that new suspension sags a good 1.5 inches or so over a month or two as it sits on the car on the ground. My GXP got low for a while. It's an aggressive look, but I raised it back up soon after for better utility where I live... and as you saw with my recent pictures. Here's an autocross PIMP version at one point back in the early days there when it sagged into that aggressive stance. Shoutout @shabby. @marksbug for u.

Here the car is a number of years later... and a number of years ago too. I ended up at this suspension drop wheel gap overall preference; it was the optimal overall balance and look to me. Much improvement in performance (including AX class winning capability with premium tires) with surprisingly little compromise in the nvh and daily drive-ability categories. Much better than stock too. It's a great enthusiast upgrade.

Cheers.

Last edited by kwtoxman; 09-06-2019 at 09:56 PM.
post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 02:44 PM

Location: at the snow white beaches of north west florida...or in the shop, but never on the couch. possibly playing pool.or eating
sure does look sweet nice and low!!
kwtoxman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode