Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Wheel Adapter/Spacer Fitment Verification Please

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  MonkeyFunkMN 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm intersted in spacing the wheels/tires outward for better fitment and appearance. I don't find spacers from the high-end suppliers that I'm familiar with when searching by year, make, and model. One company identified the specs as 5 x 110 pattern, 12 x 1.25 thread pitch, and 65.1 mm hub and wheel centric bore. On the discount tire website all of the aftermarket wheels when searched by year, make, and model identify the hub bore size as 73mm. I'm not sure that the cited hub and wheel centric dimensions agree with the hub bore size dimensions cited elsehwere?

When I search my preferrred manufacturer - Supreme Suspensions - by specifications I find the following as a match: https://supremesuspensions.com/prod...-wheel-spacers-2wd-4wd?variant=21589356642384 . I've messaged them, but I don't know that they'll have the precise answer that I hope to find here.

I'm also uncertain whether or not a 1" adapter/spacer will move the wheels and tires out too far. By my measurements these seem just right, but I'd be interested in everyone's experiences.

My car is a 2006 base with ST lowering springs. As an aside, the front dropped as advertised but the rear ST springs lowered ride height very little if at all. The top 3 coils were sitting on each other when the car was on the ground so I cut the top coil and ride height is now acceptable, but still just a hair higher than the front - that's just me being overly picky though. I can't cut any more from the spring because it tapers from top to bottom and any smaller and it won't seat in the top spring cup. I had the car aligned after it was lowered so everything is back to specs and I have about 3 weeks and 700 miles use on the springs - they haven't settled at all since installed.

My goal is to move the wheels and tires as close to flush with top of the wheel well as i can without having physical interference between the tire and the fender. I can live with the occasional rubbing on the plastic wheel well liner under full suspension travel, but contact with the fender itself is a no-go.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

Terry

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks - so the aftermarket wheels with the bore size of 73mm don't "fit" correctly? Said another way, their larger hub bore doesn't make for a true hubcentric fit? Every aftermarket wheel that I find on the discount tire website lists the same spec. I'm not doubting your information - just trying to understand how these measurements correlate.

I should explain that I've only looked at aftrermarket wheels to determine the specs for my factory wheels. I don't plan to change the wheels - just thought this would let me double-check the specs that I need for the adapters.

#5 ·
I'm not sure why I thought looking up replacement wheels would be better than just looking up the factory wheels to determine the factory wheel specifications. Duh... That said, I see that the wheel stud pitch is 1.5, not 1.25 as cited by one of the wheel spacer manufacturers. This means that the those from Supreme in the link that I provided are not correct for the car...

Any suggestions for 1" spacers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.