Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Daily driver %

19K views 77 replies 64 participants last post by  Halo819 
#1 ·
Curious what's the estimate of people who drive it daily to those who don't I'd be a daily when I get one. About 17.2 miles one way to work everyday luckily at 415 in morning it takes me 25 minutes. N I leave at 3 which takes 35 minutes. Occasionally I work till 5. Then it's at least 1 hr.

#29 ·
The '06 NA was my daily driver, with it down now, the blizzaks are on the GXP, my only running vehicle! So no matter what the weather, it is it. First significant snow arriving tomorrow, pulled the retractable front plate bracket off in late October, didn't want it ripped off and lost. or doing damage to the front fascia.

#30 ·
Never daily drive with the GXP. I use a 2007 Kia Rondo, wife uses 2010 Honda Insight. On nice days, one of us will use 2007 Mazda MX-5 roadster. GXP is for weekends, cruise-ins and carshows.

#32 ·
Daily driver in heat, cold, rain, snow, ice, salt - except the rare occasion when I carpool with my wife. Just over 49,000 miles since purchased new in 2008. 40 mile roundtrip commute. I had a parade of nice Trans Ams I sold with ridiculously low miles, and then I realized that the next owner was having all the fun. Driven the wheels off everything new since that revelation, but I do still have an old GTO that sits patiently in the garage. Also keeps me from having a "nice" driver to buy, license, insure, and be bored in.

#33 ·
Daily driver in heat, cold, rain, snow, ice, salt -
Me too, but wishing today it wasn't my DD.
I get up this morning and the ABS, Traction Control and Stability Control Systems all got a good work out. I never made it out of 3rd gear, even on the highway. It felt like driving a toboggan on the highway when I tried to change lanes. :willy::willy::willy:

#34 ·
I have had a couple of moments, but we seem to have short bursts of bad weather that are quickly cleaned up. That, plus I am also on a school district schedule which tends to keep me from driving on the worst days. I have used snow tires on other cars (Mazdaspeed Protege and Mustang Mach 1) that definitely make a difference, but I haven't brought myself to get different wheels for the Solstice to do it.

#37 ·
I use mine year round. Winter tires with no traction control FTW!

I don't drive to work though... parking downtown is just so expensive.

#41 ·
Fun and weekend mostly for me. If its raining or winter in New England the Bandit stays in.

#42 · (Edited)
I drive it every day. 28 miles each way. Has the GM tune and CAI, best damn commuting car I ever owned (Last car was LS-1 6 Speed 1999 Z-28 with minimal options which was fun to merge onto the freeway at 5 AM).

Life is too short to "Save" your car for someone else to buy it from you with low miles. My daughter has had cancer twice, it changes your mind on "Saving Things" for another day. She is 14 now and has taught me much about the concept of time and what is important. Sorry for getting too deep.... But I really believe this, enjoy your loved ones, stuff and time you have today.

Drive it, thrash it, get a new one in 5 years, life is short....

#44 ·
Hey man, don't apologize for being right. The only thing I want to take to my funeral, is the smile on my face. :cheers:

#45 ·
I'm in Chicago and am picking my gxp up on Friday this week. Are snow tires a must?

I've read good things about continental DWS's. Can I get away with a decent all season or should I just pick up some snow tires and wheels.

#48 ·
MY SOL TURNED 6YRS OLD ON JAN.16th, SHE HAS 116K. (THUMBS UP)

#53 ·
+1

Daily Driver, 110 or so miles per day, just crossed 110,500 this week. This is a great DD...I get great mileage and enjoy the heck out of the drive, especially in the spring/summer/fall when the top can go down routinely.

#56 ·
DD all year round from day one. 60 miles per day. Currently have 96k miles on it.

#59 ·
Daily driver for me too. I'm pushing 114,000 miles and only stop driving her in the winter when the snow gets so deep her front fascia starts to act like a snow plow. I don't know any other seat I want to sit in.

#62 ·
MBRP makes a great one (that is what I have...sounds awesome, they have video clips of them for you to listen to) and has great deals...they're trying to sell their Solstice/Sky inventory and have been for a while so I think you'd get a great price

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.