Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Daily driver %

19K views 77 replies 64 participants last post by  Halo819 
#1 ·
Curious what's the estimate of people who drive it daily to those who don't I'd be a daily when I get one. About 17.2 miles one way to work everyday luckily at 415 in morning it takes me 25 minutes. N I leave at 3 which takes 35 minutes. Occasionally I work till 5. Then it's at least 1 hr.

#65 ·
Mine is my daily driver. My commute is about 3 miles one-way. It's a gentle 35-40 mph drive, so I don't have too much cause to run the engine hard. I do let it idle in my drive-way a minute or two just to give it more time to warm-up.

The big downside to the warm-up is that it kills my gas mileage. during the actual driving portion it averages 28-32, but with my warm-up time I'm averaging 23-25 for each tank, but I just don't want a majority of my driving to be on an un-warmed engine.

#66 · (Edited)
Curious what's the estimate of people who drive it daily to those who don't I'd be a daily when I get one. About 17.2 miles one way to work everyday luckily at 415 in morning it takes me 25 minutes. N I leave at 3 which takes 35 minutes. Occasionally I work till 5. Then it's at least 1 hr.
Wow! Your commute and times sound identical to mine! I have an NA and a GXP. The GXP is the daily driver.

Update: Ooops, didn't pay attention to your mileage!! I'm about 30 miles one way, at 4:15 I can make it in about 20-25 mns. In the evening rush hour, it's an hour at least.

#68 ·
My coupe is still my primary car, although it shares time with a couple of other sports cars in the summer.

#71 ·
daily drive rotation on my 07 shared with 89 ta, 96 vette, c10, and other randomness(jeep, crew cab, suburban, e320 wagon etc...) And there is a motorcycle or two somewhere in there. Hopefully in a year or two my 67 camaro will join the field, while vette and maybe some others will go away.

#77 ·
Not daily for me, but close during the warmer months. And occasionally through the winter as long as the roads are dry and snow-free. I'm at about 75,000 miles now. I'm not saving it. It's just that I sometimes have to carry parts for work, plus for a variety of reasons, my sedan is a more comfortable car. November thru April, it's about 10% solstice, but from May thru October, it's about 80% solstice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.