Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Daily driver %

19K views 77 replies 64 participants last post by  Halo819 
#1 ·
Curious what's the estimate of people who drive it daily to those who don't I'd be a daily when I get one. About 17.2 miles one way to work everyday luckily at 415 in morning it takes me 25 minutes. N I leave at 3 which takes 35 minutes. Occasionally I work till 5. Then it's at least 1 hr.

#3 ·
As with Elff, mine is a daily driver except for rainy or snowy days, then I use my Jeep. My commute to and from work is north of 80 miles round trip, so I rack up some miles on my 07 Solstice GXP.

#6 ·
my g5 is the only new reliable car so i end up driving on all our rd trips, its been to buffalo virginia(every year) north carolina south carolina all over Pennsylvania and jersey of course, but i got your 10 hr trip beat,

4 people in my g5 it was packed a lil snug
left weds night around 6 from jersey,
arrive in tampa bay fl around 4pm thursday
drove around for a few hours, stopped at a few places
8 o clock the phillies vs rays world series game started, saw that,
around 12 the game was over, drove home
got home friday around 8pm

#8 ·
Not quite a DD here, I drive it any day it's not raining. 40 mile round trip to work.

#11 ·
same rules apply to me. Using these rules, I get about 5000 miles a year in the Solstice & 5000 in my other car.

#10 ·
DD here as long as I can get it out of the garage.

#12 ·
So cal Daily driver (have driven it every single day since I got it)at least 50 miles a day, some times more, got it with 36k in september its at 46k now, this thing will rack up miles in no time...

#13 ·
Not a daily driver or a weekly driver. My wife does drive her Sky daily to make up for my lack of miles.

#16 ·
70 mile daily round trip commute for me. DD rain/snow/sun/ice/salt/wind/etc.

Cleans up just as clean as if it were a garage queen.

#17 ·
DD here in the frozen north (except for this year, lol), it's the only wheels I have.
My first year with the Redline, so maybe that's why we haven't had winter (yet...)

#19 ·
DD...100 round trip 5 days a week....and loving it.

#25 ·
Used my snow tires last year in a bad snow storm, my Solstice was the only car able to weave in and out of cars that were stuck without any problems.

Snow tires and wheels will go back on when and if a snow event is forecasted....I really hope not...I'm tired of snow.

#22 ·
I drive mine every day about 25 miles roundtrip to work and home. Only time I don't drive it is if the roads get too bad then I take the wifes 4wd cr-v. She's a teacher so if it's snowing she's out of school anyway. Been caught out in the snow in it a few times. It got me home, but it's a scary ride on the stock tires in snow and ice. Gotta say though...the traction control does a pretty good job.

#23 ·
Yea I got some blizzaks for my g5 since I got two sets if rims 17" n 18". Stock wheels get the winter tires. They've yet to see snow tho. Where's winter !

#26 ·
Mine is a summer weekend warrior, now parked for the salt season. I put more miles on it than my DD though.

#28 ·
I drive an alternate car under the following conditions:

* when the weather is bad
* need to carry more than a single bag of groceries
* travel with 3 or more people
* travel with someone who doesn't share my love for our charming vehicles
* need to park in a questionable area
* prefer to not draw attention to myself

Otherwise, I'm all goofy and glad to drive it whenever I can. It isn't daily, but every day I drive it is fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.