Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

First 1000 GXP's Question...

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  DaveOC 
#1 ·
Found some info saying there were 16K GXP's built, but does anyone know the VIN range for the first 1000 GXP's? I've found some indication there was a second set of 1000 "First 1000" dash emblems and wonder if there was a consideration of doing a First 1000 promotion for the GXP.

Anyone have any information or theories there of? Let's see what comes up. My GXP, Elsie, was born the Monday after Thanksgiving in 2006 and could be a first 1000, maybe...maybe not. Last four of VIN 1138.

Richard Snipes

#2 ·
Found some info...

So far found, from RedOne07 and DaveOC, reams of information that is invaluable for the history. Model years started mid year to mid year so my GXP is in the first five months of a production of some 8834 first year (2007 model year) GXP's. Chances of it being a first 100o look very slim.

A tip of the hat to both gentlemen and contributors to the information thread. https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/kappa-production-numbers-based-vin-145273/index3.html

This is a great forum and wonderful resource, my thanks to all.

Richard Snipes

Attachments

#6 ·
Well, for what it's worth, I found you in the data. the 19,438th model year Kappa build (approximately). Complicating this is that there were almost a full year's Saturn Sky and OpelGTs also included in the 2007 VINs at that point in time. The Saturns started building in December, 2005 with 2007 VINs. There also were some OpelGTs in there as well. The Pontiac Kappas joined the mix in June, 2006 with the switch over to the 2007 VINs.

As to a first 1000 GXP, I would think they would have had a special VIN run as they had on the First 1000 Solstice LE5s and the serialized Coupes.

I don't have an answer for you, as my copy of the Kappa data only has the US cars, no Canadian cars, and no Mexican cars.

RedOne07 may be able to help you out as he seems to have access to all the VINs, including non-production EX vins. He also seems to be a pretty sophisticated data guy.

Let's see what he can come up with for you.
@RedOne07

:toetap:

:thumbs:

#7 ·
I really like number crunching, took me over a year to compile the complete VIN list. Is my pleasure to try to answer questions like these.

. . . . but does anyone know the VIN range for the first 1000 GXP's? . . . .
According to VIN . . . . . .

First 1000 regular GXP:
VIN sequential ranging from 103413 to 118269
Build dates ranging from 6-June-2006 to 10-Nov-2006

...... VIN ends in 37Y119438 . . . .
Seems that one is in the 1000+ group.

. . . . He also seems to be a pretty sophisticated data guy. . . .
Pretty ? nope
Sophisticated ? nope
Guy ? YES !

#9 ·
I really like number crunching, took me over a year to compile the complete VIN list. Is my pleasure to try to answer questions like these.
That's why I rang your chimes a while back

First 1000 regular GXP:
VIN sequential ranging from 103413 to 118269
Build dates ranging from 6-June-2006 to 10-Nov-2006

Seems that one is in the 1000+ group.
That's kind of what I suspected from what I have on file.

Pretty ? nope
Sophisticated ? nope
Guy ? YES !
Try to complement some people. Oh well.

I think you (we) got 4501 Safari's question answered.

Now, what happened to the other 1000 "First 1000" badges, where were they used, etc.

:dunno:

#8 ·
There was NEVER a 1000 GXP run made, mine was one of the 1st 50 made, then production stop because Pontiac found out the IC was accumulating dew(water) which need it a redisign and the Vin number is of no consequence.

#10 · (Edited)
So close...

Excellent information all around. Too bad for Elsie as she just misses the first 1000 GXP list... and I have all these First 1000 emblems taking up space.

Seriously, for a moment, like the GMPP brake reservoir and the 2010 Euro"Big Mirrors", the emblems are hiding in plain sight. It's like the photograph portfolio given to First 1000 buyers and a second set of 1000 was made and numbered. You may remember some of these sold for $30.00 on eBay a while back. I think Pontiac PR had something in the works for the GXP roll out and it simply did not materialize. My fantasy, regardless. Anyone want 992 First 1000 emblems?

I will attempt to explain to Elsie she is a 2nd 1000 GXP member.

Thanks, Richard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.