Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

GMPP sensors and tune questions

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Greatgab 
#1 ·
I am considering a tune for what is going to be an unmodified GXP. I seem to be getting conflicting information that many tunes besides the GMPP will learn down. Is this true? I am looking at the trifecta budget tune. I was also wondering why the GMPP tune comes with the two sensors and others do not?

#2 ·
you may have trouble finding the GMPP...
Others will chime in...

Reactions: stygz
#3 ·
All commercial tunes discard the 'learn down' or they wouldn't be able to work. The learn down would restrict power back to stock.

GM determined that they wanted more headroom (boost pressure range) and so replaced the sensors for the GMPP tune. Other (non-GM) tuners do not think that's necessary for a stock LNF turbo engine, so use the stock sensors. Some will provide specific tunes for the GMPP 3bar sensors if you have/want them, but AFAIK such tunes will not provide any more power.

#4 ·
If you are thinking about doing more mods in the future, I would change the sensors and get a tune calibrated to use them. If you are staying stock, get a basic 'canned' tune - Trifecta is a good one. Some have had customer service issues with them, but I have always received e-mail responses from them within 24 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.