Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

GXP Lost All Boost

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  sirwm 
#1 ·
I just had my WR-3 installed and tuned a few weeks ago. Car had been running great. Yesterday after some open throttle and full boost in 3rd and 4th gear I lost all boost. Car still runs great but creates zero boost. I have no codes. I have checked all my IC piping and connections and all seem to be fine. I have not been able to find a boost leak(yet). Someone on a FB group suggested that maybe the blow off/bypass solenoid might be stuck open or bad.

1 - Do I need an aftermarket BOV if I am running a larger turbo at 25 PSI?
2 - Is there any other suggestions on what might be causing this?

#2 ·
I don't think it's your bypass. I had the line to mine pop off (keeping the valve open) and I was still able to make 15psi (down from 27psi).

Absent a major boost leak i would be suspicious of your wastegate somehow getting stuck open. Is this an EFR6758? Are you running the integrated wastegate or an external wastegate?

#3 ·
#4 ·
Have you inspected the intercooler? Several developed cracks when the GMPP tune came out.

Check for stored codes. Its possible you have a code but its not shown up as a CEL yet.

How many miles on the motor? You checked for carbon buildup on the intake?

#10 ·
Update for anyone who is interested.

I put the car up on my race ramps and check the IC for cracks and double checked all the IC connections and vacuum lines. I saw no cracks and all the connections seemed to be fine. I decided to take it for a little drive around the block to see if a code would pop or something to help diagnose the issue and to my surprise it ran flawless. Full boost and everything seems to be back to 100% normal. I have no idea what could have caused this and I hope the gremlins stay at bay for now. Thanks for all the input in helping me.

#11 ·
Does your car have the gm tune. If so they just crimped the connections which could be an on and off issue. Remedy is taking apart and soldering. Should be lots of posts on this from the past.

Reactions: blackbirdracing
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.