Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

The Mean Machine and ♠️ Together

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  markophoto 
#1 ·
When we lived in Toronto we had two underground parking spots side by side. The kids used to sleep together. Our new place in Windsor has only one underground parking spot. I rent a 10 by 20 storage unit one block over as my additional covered spot. Therefore the kids only see each other in passing. Washed them both today so I thought pictures together would be in order.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
A few more.....

Attachments

#5 ·
Those look pretty good for Pontiacs, Thankfully you got one color right, what is that half baked thing on the right!!!!!!!

Oh well I have to admit they look good sir. Not being a giant Solstice fan like the rest of you. lol

Question! Does the toneau blow up while driving. I have tried mine now and it blows up to where you can't see the passenger side mirror. The wife won't drive it with it on, or covering the passenger seat. It seems you would have to remove it to put the top up correct?

#6 · (Edited)
The secret to the tonneau is to drill two holes in it to accommodate the OEM flyswatter wind blocker...or as pictured and what you also have the German acrylic aftermarket one. She will stay nice and flat at high speed.
Yes you have to unclip it to put the top up. I generally leave it connected to the front bows at the front and unclip the back and sides and let it rest on the passenger seat to put the top up. As for the black and white thing on the right.....you need one for your collection (lol).

#7 · (Edited)
My recent project, combing two wrecks to make one daily driver. One was a total, the other had 127K on it. It is a Bluestone, (Not a fan, but with the tan top and interior gone it is okay). Put the lower mileage engine in. The car has original paint other than the fenders and Big Mirrors. The remaining parts will become a track car or a trailer. Have not decided yet.

Attachments

#9 ·
I don't usually say this to guys, but nice pair!

You need a set of Q9Y wheels for the coupe, though....:wink:

#12 ·
Nice Chop. Love the stripes. Thought about something for the roadster but don’t see it working look wise with luggage rack and Norm’s hood.

#13 ·
Speaking of Norms
I drove the GXP up to Norms a couple of weeks ago to have a new GTO hood, rear facia,& ground effects installed. Spent 3-4 days,hangin out with Norm & his hommies.First off, you'll never meet a nicer guy or body craftsman in the business.
He pays meticulous attention to detail & is not satisfied till everything is perfect.
As I said in an older post, its hard to find a good fiberglass guy that can be trusted to have all those good old fashioned values & Norm fits the bill.
I would advise anyone considering getting any work done on their Kappas,to make the trip to his shop & see some of the creations he is working on
:wink: :wink:

Nervous

#14 ·
NS, are you going to MKCs annual Woodward Dream Cruise on Thursday (8/15)? I haven't decided if I'm going or not, plus depends on if buy new tires since the coupe still on it's OEM ones (and of course the weather).

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.