Modifications - Page 4 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 01:03 PM

Really appreciate all the updates, details, and pics. It's not often that the forum gets someone that's willing to share their knowledge during an engine build in such detail. Carry on.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Going up the 14th of Sept to finish hooking up the 5th injector. As their dynamometer is kaput will only be hooking up and tuning the 5th injector and checking to verify that everything is working well for 93 octane. We will also be installing the Pwerks rear frame. Getting it coated red to match the tunnel brace. I will be leaving the front brace with them to get it cleaned and repowdercoated. The powdercoating had started to peel off so it needs a new shot of coating, it will also be done in red. I will be going back next year when they get the new dyno to have everything tweaked for 106 octane. The ZZP hpfp is on it's way back should be here tomorrow. Still have to figure out how to hook up the 5th injector to the crazy low pressure side of the pump, as it doesn't connect to the OEM setup from the tank feedline to the pump. It has a quick connect fitting so I have to come up with something with 1 female and 1 male quick connect fitting and a tee for the 5th injector

Randy

Last edited by reblacklaf; 08-22-2018 at 10:26 AM. Reason: clearification
post #48 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

I need to use the OEM low pressure fuel line with the schrader valve to hook up my 5th injector. The OEM line has a male quick connect for attachment to the gas tank line and then has a ball and female threaded cap that connects to the OEM HPFP. The ZZPerformance HPFP has a quick connect fitting on the low pressure side rather than the male thread and ball receiver. So I need to make a short hose to connect to the OEM ball and cap with a quick connect at the other end. Nothing in my parts bin comes close to fitting and the local Auto stores are unable to match anything.

Randy
post #49 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Well, as we are still working on things and waiting to solve some issues the car is back on the rack. We decided to attack the pinion seal that the dealer told me was leaking. Inspection showed that the fluid levels were correct, and there was no leakage for either the pinion or the half shafts. We have concluded that when they did the last correction they didn't clean the pig of the oil that had been sucked out of the diff. This had left about a quarter of an inch of dirt and oil on the rear and bottom of the diff.

I really have to talk to the dealer about their training. This car is expensive enough to maintain without them trying to ding me for work that doesn't have to be done.

Randy
post #50 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Chop Top.

Update on fuel connect.

I've been able to determine that the thread is a m14-1.5 and I would need a male adapter with a convex id (to seat the ball) and the threads would need to be at least 12mm or more in length so there could be a snug fit on the fuel line.

Randy

Last edited by reblacklaf; 08-24-2018 at 05:10 PM.
post #51 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Think we have a solution for the ZZ pump. I've ordered the parts and if it works I'll post the part numbers (from Jegs) along with pictures of the installation.

Had issues with the dread 0402 code as we had to put in a new Solo Performance down pipe. I have the Solo high flow cat and we couldn't get the old O2 extension off the old pipe. They are sending a replacement. Looking online I located the following which might help others with this issue.

90 Degree Angled O2 Check Engine Light CEL Fix Oxygen Spacer Exhaust Extension - 4 Piece Kit.

This is available on Amazon for 15.96 + shipping if you don't have Prime. I talked with Dave at PWorks and he said all you would need is the 90 degree adapter and the lock nut to correct the issue.

Last edited by reblacklaf; 08-29-2018 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling
post #52 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 11:27 AM

Thx for keeping us up to date on the mods. We look forward to seeing how it goes.
easyryderca likes this.
post #53 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Here is a list of the parts I ordered from Jegs to connect the PWerks 5th Injector to the ZZP HPFP:

799-640940 -6AN X 3/8 SAE MALE EFI $10.99
799-611223 -6ANX3/8 EFI 90 HOSE END $29.99
231-16486 ALUMINUM FITTING $13.95
231-10251A ALUMINUM FITTING $6.59

I had a 24" length of -6AN fuel line to cut off what I need.

My friend has to finish 2 automatic trans rebuilds before we can plumb the injector. I will post pictures of the finished product.

Last edited by reblacklaf; 09-05-2018 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Forgot info
post #54 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Well, I have a doctors appointment and an appointment to get the dogs groomed so I have to drop the GXP off early and let him work on it without my kibitzing. I'll take pictures of the finished plumbing and post most likely on Wednesday. I go up to PWerks on Friday to put in the base tune on the 5th injector, pick up their rear frame brace, drop off my PWerks front brace (needs to be repowdercoated and have them get the DeJon charge tubes to mate up with the intercooler. Got to looking at the intercooler, not only are the (PWerks) tubes too long for the DeJon but they aren't bent back towards the engine like the OEM one. Going to have some rework to do to get that working. Can't go over 5 psi boost or I pop one of the charge tubes off the intercooler. I'll have to take it easy on my trip up to Oswego.

Randy
post #55 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Here are pictures of the 5th injector hookup:

This first one shows the black line going back to the low pressure fuel line from the tank.

The next shows the entire setup.

The last shows the hook up going into the ZZP HPFP with the 5th injector line coming out of the the connection (this is on the low pressure side of the pump.)

Hope this helps

Randy

Last edited by reblacklaf; 09-12-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Picture link was bad
post #56 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I didn't get a picture of the line before he put it in.

Randy
post #57 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Update! Well the 5th injector is working. Had to reweld the bung as it wasn't seated into the manifold far enough. Also, determined that the low pressure fuel line where it connected to the HPFP was leaking. This was caused by it coming into contact with the windshield wiper control arm. The HPFP inlet was rotated 90 degrees which got rid of this issue but it rides very close to the windshield cowling bracket. The major reason for this issue is the -6an quick connect (with gasket) is super long. I'll try to find a shorter one or try a 45 or 90 degree male fitting to replace it. On the way home from getting the tune done with the fifth injector I only got on it once, as long as my foot was in it the boost stayed steady at 25PSI. It's a real kick in the rear.

Here are some pictures.

Randy
kwtoxman likes this.

Last edited by reblacklaf; 09-15-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: add pictures
post #58 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

OH, the -6an male fitting I'm saying is too long is what comes with the ZZP HPFP, not one of the parts I listed.

Randy
post #59 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 09:23 AM

Did you use an air to air intercooler Randy? Thanks for taking the time to explain all the up grades. It was quite a learning curve for me.
post #60 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Yes, I am using one from Performance Autowerks.

Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode