Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Modifications

20K views 88 replies 17 participants last post by  JohnWR 
#1 ·
I'm currently adding further modifications to my GXP. I've replaced the silicone turbo pipes with mandrel bent aluminum, put in a Performance Werks intercooler, Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP tune and upgrades with both front and back cross-member stabilizers and .25" tunnel brace. I also put on a set of 18x8.5 wheels from Stern (before they went out of business) and had them powder-coated to match the silver of the front wind screen and M bar. It's shod with 18x255/35 rubber. I'm putting in Comp Cams stage II cams, Opel injectors, improved high pressure direct injection fuel pump and BC Racing Coilovers. Then it is off to Performance Werks up near Chicago to add a methanol injection system, large impeller turbo and blow-off valve and then have it tuned.

I've had the car since it was new as my wife had bought it for me as a birthday/Christmas present in 2007. I was born on Dec 23, 1946. My health had be keeping from working on my 1969 Opel GT project car and she bought it so I would have something to drive to shows and do solo and rally racing as well as attend car shows. It is Mean Yellow and has just over 46,000 miles.

Next year I plan on putting on some aero packages and removing all emblems. It will be painted Cadillac Black Diamond with all black intakes and splinters painted to match the silver around the front wind screen and M bar.

Have fun and wish me luck!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.