Modifications - Page 5 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Planning on reworking the intercooler on the 19th will try to take pics. Also, will do a driving tune for 100 octane at that time. The damn rain is playing hell with me trying to do anything outside without a lift.

Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 04:26 PM

Your using the LT HPFP and a 5th injector?

Mods... LDK short block P werks tune, P werks CAI/ turbo inlet pipe, P werks hot & cold side piping, P werks rear suspension brace, Pwerks Valve springs, Pwerks intercooler, Pwerks phonelic spacers, Pwerks Hf cat, GM 3bar map sensors, Pwerks cross drilled / slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Pwerks stainless steel break lines, Solo Street race exhaust, street edition headlights, DDM 6000K hids.
post #63 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

I'm using the higher capacity HPFP from ZZPerformance and the 5th Injector Kit from PerformanceAutoWerks.

I just got the Kappasphere rear frame brace back as it had to be repowdercoated. I had installed a PAWerks rear frame brace in the mean time. I will be putting the Kapasphere up for sale on eBay sometime next week unless someone on the forum wants to PM me and negotiate a price. I will be listing it the proper forum shortly.

Last edited by reblacklaf; 10-12-2018 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Forgot a p in kappa
post #64 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 02:00 PM

The zzp pump should provide more than enough fuel.

Why the 5th injector also?

Mods... LDK short block P werks tune, P werks CAI/ turbo inlet pipe, P werks hot & cold side piping, P werks rear suspension brace, Pwerks Valve springs, Pwerks intercooler, Pwerks phonelic spacers, Pwerks Hf cat, GM 3bar map sensors, Pwerks cross drilled / slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Pwerks stainless steel break lines, Solo Street race exhaust, street edition headlights, DDM 6000K hids.
post #65 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Just insurance against coking of the intake valves. This adventure all started when I was having fluttering turbo issues and thought is was because of valve coking. But when we got into it after welding in the bung for the 5th injector we found that it was actually caused by the flanges on both the turbo and and exhaust manifold being cracked an leaking boost. The intake valves were actually clean.

Randy
post #66 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 02:22 PM

The center “fin” on the turbo and manifold always crack

That’s normal and doesn’t effect operation

post #67 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

It was the flanges of the mating surfaces between the turbo and exhaust manifold not the divider. The crack was all the through to the outer surface of both the turbo and the exhaust manifold. Boost was blowing out the crack rather than going into the charge tubes. I know about the divider issue.

Randy
post #68 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 06:03 AM

If it was the exhaust housing cracked...

Boost wouldn’t leak

Just exhaust gases

Boost is only on the compressor side

post #69 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Sorry I didn't mean boost I meant exhaust. This played havoc with the turbo the added turbulence would cause the pressure to bounce back and forth between 14-20psi in forth gear. It wouldn't hold steady. Just putting in the new exhaust manifold and turbo corrected this issue.

Randy

Last edited by reblacklaf; 10-13-2018 at 08:28 AM.
post #70 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

This Saturday my car goes back to PW for an upgrade. I will post info about it after I get it back. It will be there a week and should be of interest to you. Can't say more at this time.

Randy
YO MUDA likes this.
post #71 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Here is the surprise. It needs to be sent off for powder coating but it's finished.

Comments?

Once it gets back, I need to get things cleaned up for the summer.

Randy
Cityboy likes this.
post #72 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 03:46 PM

Garage
Strut tower brace! Wow, I love that Dave is still investing time/money into the Kappa platform. Details?!
post #73 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

You will have to contact Dave. It took over 2 weeks to finalize the design. He does plan on selling it.

Randy
post #74 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 03:08 PM
Founding Member

That brace is not new, it was designed many years ago by Dave. By the way IT IS NOT A STRUT Brace, our cars do not have struts.
Sting Ya likes this.

Aggressive GXP at $25,995.00 shipping of $600, MT.
Options:
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #75 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

It's now official and available from PW.

Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode