Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

more info about my solstice

5K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  wspohn 
#1 ·
Hello!

my name is Michael and I recently bought an Pontiac solstice GXP.

After some research, I found out that this car is a SEMA car.
but is there anyone who can tell me more about this car?
who build it? and why it was on display at sema?

it has a autograph from RICK DORE..

greetings Michael

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Rick Dore costumizes all kinds of cars. This car was shown at 2007 SEMA.

Reactions: michael-nl
#3 · (Edited)
#13 ·
Is also listed in this thread:
- https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/sema-solstice-sightings-photos-please-39388/
- https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/sema-solstice-sightings-photos-please-39388/

And on Rick Dore (Car Hoarders) website (at least it WAS, did not re-check):
- Rick Dore Kustoms | Custom Car Creations

Some more photos overhere:
- SEMA 2007 by Reed Smith | Photobucket

The famous Boyd Coddington was also near this Solstice:
[/QUOTE]

thank you! i did some research and the only thing what i found was these topics.
the car isnt on the rick dore website any more..

#5 ·
congratulations - you have a unique car there...

:cool:

#6 ·
Congrats, I've posted pics of that car several times over the years, your best bet is to email the builder (include a pic of the car) and see if he can give you any additional information about the build, Then wait and see if he replies. Good luck.

#9 ·
Welcome to the forum... cool unique car!

#15 ·
Manufacturers will give out what the call dollar cars to be customized expressly for the SEMA show they are very difficult to get and only go to the best of builders who can do the most , advertising wise for the manufacturer. They are usually only given 30-45 days which explains why the modifications are not too extensive. Other part manufacturers will donate parts to these builders for advertisement on or near the vehicle . Your Coddington sticker indicates they donated something. After a certain amount of time the builder is allowed to sell the vehicle. I am almost positive your car was one of these vehicles. I saw Rick last weekend but the next time I see him I will try and remember to ask morr about your car. Hope this helps. Eddie

#17 ·
Thank you eddie! thank you for your help so far!

i,m pretty sure the boyd stickers is on there because of the wheels! i really want to have contact with rick.. but so far no response on mail..

if you can ask rick if has some proof or more info that he built it, That would be awesome .

hope to here from you again

#16 ·
[QUOTE The famous Boyd Coddington was also near this Solstice:
[/QUOTE]
Ironically this brings to mind that one of my friends father was Bud Coddington, a well known stack car mechanic in my area. Passed away last year and he will be missed. I realize this has no bearing on he topic but was a huge reminder to me. OK, continue on.

#25 ·
Faster than you might think. She was already for sale in Germany since mid April.

I made enquiries (a friend was seriously interested) and found it surprising that the car was not painted orange completely (inside of the trunk and hood for instance) and that those factory spots did not have the Compnine listed color either. But we all know Compnine / GM color records are kind of very iffy. I wonder the fact that it was not painted orange completely was a conscious design decision, or just a half ass SEMA job, which is not unusual, because someone saved money or was in a hurry,

Of course it IS a unique car and on photos the fact that it is not completely orange does not look bad at all.

#26 ·
Like the colour, don't like the fender vents.

Even dealers played around with that sot of thing - saw a Sky at the dealer when I bought my coupe and it had large oval vents installed in it. I'd have thought that a car that had been buggered about with, even by the dealer, would have been a hard sell, but I guess not or the dealer wouldn't have done that sort of thing....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.