New tires for GXP Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles2010 View Post
Hello, I am thinking of getting new tires for my GXP, and I am looking to go upscale compared with the goodyear F1's that came with it. Based on what I am reading the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are the best summer tires, I do not drive it in the winter.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Charles

p.s I just bought a 08 GXP no winters, but needs new tires. The goodyear F1's are used up.
I have them installed on my LS2 Powered Solstice, great tires. I just returned from the Nationals in Corning NY and with my luck the day I signed up to do laps around Watkins Glen it was pouring, but I was able to stay with the pace truck as he averaged around 75mph around the track, and the truck got a little loose in turn 8, my Sol did not, I was very impressed with the wet grip. I also rained for the entire 7 hour drive back to Michigan. Not issues at all. Great street/track tire IMO. I also purchased them at Costco, around $200 a tire installed, and I waited for the $70.00 instant rebate so they were a little less that way.

Granted I can still just put them up in smoke in the 1st 4 gears if I want to, but a great improvement over the stock tires the car had on it when I purchased it, and even an upgrade over the PS 3S's I had on it earlier. Luck helpd theat the 6,000 mile PS 3S's went on my wifes G8GT, they are the same size as our cares.

Certified Pontaholic & Former Jet Mech

1969 Firebird Sprint 301 OHC-6, T-5
1971 Catalina Freeway Enforcer 455
1973 Lemans Safari 400 4-speed
1977 Astre Formula 215 V-8 T-5
1978 Sunbird Safari 231 V-6 2004R
1978 Catalina Safari Soon to have a Pontiac 400 4bb
2006 Mallet Solstice LS2 6-speed Manual
2009 G8 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 06:34 PM

Hello,

Like cammerjeff I have the Pilot Sport 4S on my Solstice. I had them installed just before NASSAM2019, and drove most of the 600 miles there, and half of it back, in the rain. It was very stable in the rain, and the ride quality for me was good, too.

Someone else mentioned the Continental ExtremeContact Sport DWS all seasons. I had them on my Subaru Outback and was pleased with them in 3 season daily commuter driving (I had dedicated snow tires as well but probably didn't need them).

Jay Vessels
2006 Solstice, Mysterious 5-speed
Lexington, KY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode